Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spread the "Wealth"

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    ...and a coupon for free haircuts (shouldn't all Americans be entitled to nice looking hair?) !!!
    Good thing The Johns were flushed! That would have been the 28th Amendment. And the Supreme Court would have ruled that we were all entitled to have it done while aboard an aircraft on the ramp!

Andy

The sky is falling............ The sky is falling
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

"1. All salespeople will be pooling their sales and bonuses into a common pool that will be divided equally between all of you. This will serve to give those of you who are underachieving a “fair shake.”

Alot of my lazy butt friends that are sales people will like this idea!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Good thing The Johns were flushed! That would have been the 28th Amendment. And the Supreme Court would have ruled that we were all entitled to have it done while aboard an aircraft on the ramp!

Andy
    Don't count your chickens yet... One of those "Johns" is still in the Senate and I'm sure he already has the legislation drawn up in anticipation...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Spot Me 2 View Post
    Unfortunately the "sky is falling", we just call it the financial sector. A bunch of my friends have been living well in that area over the past years. Talking to them now is frightening!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Spot Me 2 View Post

No... the sky is still clearly there... it's the STOCK MARKET that you are thinking about...

Default A little off topic, but still applicable

Here is the text of an interesting email I received:

Subject: Fw: Sometimes we have to agree to disagree...

Most Americans are aware of Bill Lear, because of his Lear Jet business; however, he has accomplished much more, as you can see from this.

William P. Lear -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia. His opinions are worth a read. He lives in Port Orange Fl.

A serious comment by Bill Lear (Lear Jet)

Subject: Straight talk for Republicans and Democrats.

A Humble Plea to McCain and Obama Supporters:

Dear friends,

I am truly astonished by the ignorance Obama supporters have displayed in their quest to get someone - ANYONE - into the White House. Now, wait a minute. I can well understand your dislike or even hatred of our clown, GWB, but he is not the root cause of all of our problems. Our Congress is. And a change there would be welcomed by all. You Ain’t gonna get it done with Obama. You got to fire the whole damnable crooked Congress.

Perhaps I'm looking at all of this from a different perspective than you because my life experiences have been so different from yours. I'm 80-years old and have traveled the world where I've seen a great deal. I spent five years on active duty as a fighter pilot in the USAF and another seven years flying with the Air National Guard in California and Texas as well as a few years flying in the USAF Reserve. I spent three years on active duty in Germany flying Czech border patrol with "cold guns" in aircraft inferior to the MIG during the Korean "Police Action" when it was thought that Korea was a diversion for a Soviet invasion of Western Europe.

I lived abroad for a total of 28 years. Three years in Germany, twenty years in Switzerland and five years in Great Britain where I was based doing "spook" work for the U.S. behind the Iron Curtain before it fell. During that era of the Cold War I ventured to Moscow, Prague, Warsaw, Bucharest, Peshawar, Pakistan and Bulgaria posing as a Swiss French-speaking arms dealer purchasing weapons we surreptitiously supplied to the Afghani Mujahedeen in their successful fight against the Soviets - all of which came back to haunt us. I've been there and done that and have had close associations with top government people in Germany, the Netherlands and Great Britain. I've had more foreign affair experience than Obama could ever dream of and, yet, wouldn't have the temerity to deign myself "Presidential" material; although I feel eminently more qualified to judge who would NOT be best for our country. My long-time world experience should count for something in my plea to you to abandon this miscreant flake. You will only be doing yourself and our country an enormous disservice if you persist in your support of this flash-in-the-pan opportunist. On this, you MUST trust me.

I've associated closely with European royalty and African politicians. I've traveled to the Far East to observe their cultures. My point is that Obama, although formally well educated and a brilliant orator, is a neophyte when it comes to understanding the world and is uniquely unqualified for the job as President of these great United States. His knowledge of economics is nil and his tax proposals absurd and life-threatening to the U.S. not only in economic terms but in preserving our national security as well. I don't want a "citizen of the world" to be President, I want a citizen of the good old USA to be President.

Screw the rest of the world as they have well and truly screwed us. The time has come for us to awaken and start looking after ourselves. Now THAT would be CHANGE if that's what you're looking for.

While McCain has abstained from playing "the race-card", Obama is playing it to the hilt even though he's technically not an African-American. To qualify for this distinction you must be at least one-sixth black. Obama is only one-eighth. His father would be, as he was one-sixth. No, Obama is more Muslim than black yet he trades on his blackness.

The larger question I have about him is that we really don't know much about him other than what HE tells us, what we read on blogs and from some serious non-partisan investigators whose factual reports are, unfortunately, generally ignored and which receive precious little media exposure.

I, as a registered Independent, a military veteran and a patriot, beseech you to put aside party considerations and vote for the lesser of the two evils. Yes, I am NOT a McCain supporter, but he is, at least, not a flake, doesn't carry Muslim baggage and is a PROVEN hero and patriot WITH experience. It's not a party issue. It's all about electing the best we can trust with what we've got to work with. Mr. Obama is NOT that guy.

Please, please rethink your voting position. Thanks for reading my innermost thoughts. I care about all of you, but I care more about our country. Please help me to do both.

William P. (Bill) Lear, Jr.

lear@cfl.rr.com

My wife just told me a great, and very true, story...

Our Chiropractor went out to dinner last night... As he was walking in, he passed a homeless guy outside with a sign that said "Vote for Obama, I need the help"...

During his meal, he noticed that his waiter had an Obama Shirt or pin or something supporting Obama.. Doc asked him why he was voting for Obama and he got the standard "NBC" news line (we need "change"... yada-yada-yada)...

At the end of the meal, the waiter had done an excellent job and had earned a nice tip... When he came to collect the bill, Doc told him:

"You did a great job and deserve this tip, but I'm not going to give it to you. Instead, I'm going to give it to the homeless guy outside because we need to 'spread the wealth' and this is what you are voting for."

Doc did it....

The homeless guy was happy... the waiter was VERY pissed off...

Oh, that's called "passing it forward" or something like that, isn't it?!??! Or is it a random act of kindness?!?!?

I guess it stops being a kindness when somebody "forces" you to be charitable, huh!!

Great story, perfect application!! Thanks, Darin!

Andy

That is a great revelation for some. Darin and Andy for President...What a team. Andy,you can wear the high heels if you wish
    Seriously, you guys are going to make a descion that will have huge global dynamics.
    Two week candidates. But if I could vote..Republican.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 10-24-2008 at 06:34 PM.

I don't think heels come in size 14 wide.

And if they did, they'd leave dents in the concrete

Darin's gonna have to wear them.

Andy

Now Look What's Going On!
    I have been Locked and Loaded since 9/11 and this will be even worse!
    Friends and family all across this once Great Nation.
    Right Now, States Of America. (no unity at all).
    Be ready.............................some how this is not funny any more. GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS. or we would most likely not be able to post.
    Last edited by Wetter; 10-15-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123