Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 FE Nationals August 9th-13th

Default 2016 FE Nationals August 9th-13th

Its not the boat its the driver http://namba2016fenats.com/
    Whiplash,Sprint Cat, Pursuit, 83' Miss Rock modern hydro JAE21, Dragon M11 Tunnel, Mickey Beez Jet, CF JAE21

Hey all im going to try and make this the spot for information and updates to this event. I am the shipping logistics guy for PSFEMBC Mike Kizak JR. This event is going to be big. Racers from all over cant wait counting the days now.
    Whiplash,Sprint Cat, Pursuit, 83' Miss Rock modern hydro JAE21, Dragon M11 Tunnel, Mickey Beez Jet, CF JAE21

Thumbs up

Boom !
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

You better be going bud hitch a ride with joe

Still on our must do list Mike. Haven't figured out a lick of this trip yet.

Do you guys have the schedule cooked up yet?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by macace123 View Post
    You better be going bud hitch a ride with joe
    I will be driving my happy ass up to Washington
    I might need a trailer
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Sweet can't wait to run with ya again bud. The schedule is set in stone if 5 boats don't sign up in the class they will get dropped

Quote Originally Posted by macace123 View Post
    Sweet can't wait to run with ya again bud. The schedule is set in stone if 5 boats don't sign up in the class they will get dropped
    Right on man !
    2015 was fun

Hey Gang, just a quick word regarding the Nationals Run schedule...

The way it's working, unless someone signs up for a class, the class isn't being slotted into the Day-to-Day Run Schedule.

Bottom line is that the faster you get signed up, the sooner they'll have the run schedule worked out, so please go sign up if you are attending.

Then we'll all get a peak at what days will host what events. :)
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

There is a calendar on the website that has what is being run on each day? Are we to assume that this calendar is NOT accurate? Please clarify this because if I am going to attend I need to know what is being run on each day. Thanks.
    We call ourselves the "Q"

So who on the board is going to come out for the Nat's" Got any new boats that will be debuting?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I haven't officially signed up yet. Been trying to figure out what boats I'll actually have available for the event, but at this point, it's looking like these for sure:

N2-Offshore

P-LTD OPC Tunnel
    P-LTD Mono
    P-LTD Offshore

P-OPC Tunnel
    P-Mono
    P-Cat
    P-Offshore

Q-Cat
    Q-Mono
    Q-Offshore

T-Cat
    T-Mono
    T-Offshore

Some of these depend on where they are slotted in the week. That's my biggest hold-up in finalizing signup is that I need to make some decisions based on where in the week things fall.

P lim mono
    P lim cat
    P lim sport
    P lim offshore
    P mono
    P offshore
    P sport
    Q mono
    Q offshore
    Modern scale

And possible t mono

And yes.. Need to see full schedule to see if can race all

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    And yes.. Need to see full schedule to see if can race all
    Agreed... Need to see if I can even get the time off work during the week.

WERE I a fly on the wall, capable of providing advice that might be considered.... I'd have recommended two very reasonable things:

1) CHOOSE and OFFER a specific list of classes that you are planning on supporting. The rules don't require that ALL classes be offered. Pick those most likely to be run.
    2) Put together a full race schedule based at #1
    3) IF there are enough requests for some class you may have left OFF the schedule, add it. Most likely it would take the place of a scheduled class that didn't fill up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    1) CHOOSE and OFFER a specific list of classes that you are planning on supporting. The rules don't require that ALL classes be offered. Pick those most likely to be run.
    2) Put together a full race schedule based at #1
    3) IF there are enough requests for some class you may have left OFF the schedule, add it. Most likely it would take the place of a scheduled class that didn't fill up.[/INDENT]
    Yep, that's the right way.

I would strongly strongly suggest they produce an accurate schedule for this event. For instance, if the first day has no classes for a particular racer that frees up and entire day of travel. Same thing at the end of the race. Or pick a day to site see.

That said, unfortunately I will not be making the trip out there myself. It was our intent to make this a family vacation and spend some time in the area. My wife has a new gig and can't get the time off.

Seattle is truly a beautiful place to visit. So much to do besides toy boats.
    Noisy person

I am hoping to race but it all depends on family medical issues if I can race and if I can get my my two boats done so I can get some experience turning right. I may have to just take pictures and maybe run my 1/10th scale.
    Billy Graham

Well I am registered for one class with possibility of two more classes.
    Billy Graham

Guys got a update. There is going to be 3 or more hulls for the raffle and tons of other goodies.

Also we may be lowering the min of boats in a heat from 5 to 4 the class's. But dont let that detour you from singing up in the class you want to run. cause if you sing up now we can get more class's on the site. if you dont see it dont mean we will not run it now. more updates to the site in this week.

Thanks for the update

Default 155 Boats / 28 Racers

155 Boats / 28 Racers

OK Racers it is time to get signed up and push
    this boat and racer count even higher !!!

I visited the Puget sound Club back in 2007 at my first FE Nationals.
    It is a beautiful part of the country....a must see in your bucket list.
    They have a great club and terriffic bunch of guys. They definetely
    welcomed me and treated me 1st class and like one of their own.
    This should be a very special event....sign up now at:

http://namba2016fenats.com/

Thanks,
    Ken
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

I know I should be trying to convince people to come to my race instead but Ken is right. Seattle is beautiful and there's a ton of things to see while your there if your so inclined.

A few things from my last trip there:
    Space Needle
    Pike Street Market
    International Fountain
    Take a road trip to Paradise loop on Mt. Rainier
    OMG.....the food! Eat some muscles!

Things I wanted to do:
    Airplane museum
    Hydroplane Museum
    Boeing tour
    Noisy person

I just wanted to chime in, we are going all out for this event. We want to make the 2016 NAMBA FE Nationals one to remember. We would really like to see more out of towners sign-up. We have loads of great sponsors, providing great raffle items, and want to see all serious racers from around the world get in on the fun! Be sure to visit the event site for schedules, and all the information you could want. Come on Y'all, let's go racin!

I signed up on Friday... Not sure I'll actually be ready to RACE all the classes I signed up for, but it's all been bought and paid for, so we'll see... I know a couple probably won't make the event anyhow. May add, may take away. We'll see as the time draws closer. The classes that I'm absolutely prepped for are highlighted in green...

P-LIMITED OPC
    P-CAT
    P-MONO
    Q-MONO
    P-OPC
    Q-CAT
    P-OFFSHORE
    Q-OFFSHORE

I also have pretty much ready to race, if I decided I wanted to, the following that I COULD enter:

P-LTD HYDRO
    P-LTD MONO
    P-LTD OFFSHORE
    P-LTD CAT
    N2-OFFSHORE
    N2-MONO

AND, I could run my Q-Mono or Q-Cat in the T-Classes as well...

Back to building...

Darin, throw your P limited in P offshore. You'll only be off the pace by a 1/4 to a 1/2 a lap. With drivers being the loose canons that we are you could easily place that way.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Darin, throw your P limited in P offshore. You'll only be off the pace by a 1/4 to a 1/2 a lap. With drivers being the loose canons that we are you could easily place that way.
    If I get it finished up in time, I actually have a pretty nice mono I'll be running in P-OFFSHORE.

20160523_201701.jpg

Or I can run my Twin Cat...

Or.... I could really screw with people, or the rules, and run my OPC Tunnel in Offshore... I think I've found enough precedent...

october.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast