Thread: Hobbyking Hydropro Inception (Joysway Alpha 1000)

Default Hobbyking Hydropro Inception (Joysway Alpha 1000)

I'm a diehard RC fanatic (rc cars, trucks, planes, helis), but have never owned a "fast" boat. When Hobbyking posted up the "new" rebranded Joysway alpha 1000 for about $270 RTR I hit the buy button. Specs for the boat below.

Specification:

Hull Material: Plastic
    Length: 1060mm (Total)
    Length: 950mm (Hull)
    Beam: 260mm

Included:

Hull with graphics and assembly finshed
    Motor: 1000KV Water cooled powerful out-runner brushles motor
    ESC: Seaking 90A/540A burst Water Cooled and Water proof brushless ESC w/BEC
    Servo: Powerful steering 9kg high torque metal gear servo
    CNC Aluminium alloy rudder
    Stainless steel turn fins and trim tabs
    Shaft drive system: 5mm flex cable drive
    P1.4x60mm Two blade metal propeller for 4s LiPo
    P1.4x56mm two blade metal propeller for 6s Lipo

I'm currently running two 3S 8000mah 40c lipos in series with the provided 1.4X60mm two blade metal prop. I've set the prop angle neutral and have a 31-32% CG (although I just moved the CG to 30%, but have not tested it yet). I'm more interested in straight-line speed at the moment and have achieved 56mph (garmin geko 101) with the above "box stock" setup. I think its got a few more mph in it, hoping for 60mph, but after that I will start trying out different props or possibly higher discharge rate lipos. Really fun stuff.

-Colton

How did I miss this one, like the hull lines of the boat. You say it's Plastic not a fiberglass layup??
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Probably belongs in the Product Review section. It being your very first post you wouldn't have known.

Looked it up at Hobbyking just now. Doesn't say anything about being a re-branded Joysway. Guess I'm not familiar with Joysway.

38" ABS with ABS hardware mounts. Yikes. Nice looking boat though.
    Noisy person

Thanks for getting it in the right area of the forum. Yes its a plastic hull. I think its geared to go head to head with the Traxxas Spartan. I broke my 60mm prop today so I put the 56mm prop back on and was able to squeak out 50.4mph (although I think its got another 1-2mph left in this prop). I had 2 bad tumbles, but no broken pieces so thats good. I was looking at getting the Hobbyking C1 flowmaster, but decided on this instead due to it being a mono hull (my first boat) and the fact that the C1 wasn't getting good reviews consistently.

Heres a link to the Joysway alpha 1000, sure looks like the same specs/boat hobbyking is selling:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/joysway/...facturers/1301

I ordered up a new cnc (balanced and sharpened) 1.4/67mm prop, a 5mm to 1/4" adaptor and 180a Hobbywing Seaking ESC (I don't want to worry about burning up the stock ESC)

Also interesting to note, I guess its not super common to use an outrunner for an rc boat motor?, but this boat is equipped with one. Thats what made my decision to go with a larger in diameter prop vs more pitch (as for now).

Is there something inherently not good with an ABS hull? Thanks for any input!

-Colton

Just in case anyone is wondering once you loosen the collet the flex shaft will slide right out the back, no removing the prop strut or anything like that. Just wanted to mention that since it appears most Hobbyking boats you need to remove the prop strut to remove the flex shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr1985car View Post
    Thanks for getting it in the right area of the forum. Yes its a plastic hull. I think its geared to go head to head with the Traxxas Spartan. I broke my 60mm prop today so I put the 56mm prop back on and was able to squeak out 50.4mph (although I think its got another 1-2mph left in this prop). I had 2 bad tumbles, but no broken pieces so thats good. I was looking at getting the Hobbyking C1 flowmaster, but decided on this instead due to it being a mono hull (my first boat) and the fact that the C1 wasn't getting good reviews consistently.

Heres a link to the Joysway alpha 1000, sure looks like the same specs/boat hobbyking is selling:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/joysway/...facturers/1301

I ordered up a new cnc (balanced and sharpened) 1.4/67mm prop, a 5mm to 1/4" adaptor and 180a Hobbywing Seaking ESC (I don't want to worry about burning up the stock ESC)

Also interesting to note, I guess its not super common to use an outrunner for an rc boat motor?, but this boat is equipped with one. Thats what made my decision to go with a larger in diameter prop vs more pitch (as for now).

Is there something inherently not good with an ABS hull? Thanks for any input!

-Colton
    I have seen quite a few smaller and larger boats come with outrunner motors. Atomik Barbwire and Barbwire XL come to mind. Venom had the King of Shaves mono that used an outrunner as well.

I was only wondering for clarification sake on the ABS. I actually like ABS hulls, but I see where the benefit of a lighter fiberglass or carbon fiber hull come into play. The ABS hulls may have a tendancy to flex more if they are on the thin side. My older shockwave is an ABS hull, along with my Fine Design 32 mono. It's actually very thick ABS, very curious to see how that hull performs.

My dad and Uncle have feberglass boats, and from a RTR perspective I would have added a carbon fiber layer to each of them, but we are all pretty new to boats and learning.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Any new progress on this boat? I almost grabbed the arr version when the shipping was free, but waited to long and now Id have to add $70/shipping so not sure if I want to commit. Was thinking of getting this or the thunder tiger olympian(also plastic hull) to see how it stacks up against this and the spartan.

Just got one in the mail. Heres a quick video of what the ARTR version looks like in the box.

Where can I purchase this boat besides HobbyKing? The RTR version seems to be back ordered?
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Can probably only order it from hobbyking

If you want more speed try freeing up some drag and friction instead of throwing more prop on it. Lightly sand the flex with 400 grit and then polish it. Sharpen the rudder as sharp as you can. Those two things should get you very close to 60. Also
    Make sure the prop is sharp. That makes a big difference.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Where can I purchase this boat besides HobbyKing? The RTR version seems to be back ordered?
    I just checked the usa east and west warehouse has them in stock.

the global warehouse has them on backorder.

I think only one warehouse has the RTR version including the RX and TX. So happens to be the one on back order.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Here is the link for the RTR version at the USA east coast warehouse. They are in stock.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Hi
    I recently bought a joysway alpha boat and have removed the flex shaft to clean and some bearings came out. Wondering if i could get some help reassembling the rear shaft/prop support. Any ideas how it goes back together? Cant find anything on the internet.

IMAG0659.jpg

Were all six of those bearings fitted on the shaft or were some spare ones.

I assume they were all in the shaft, as I only had 4 (1 flanged, 3 normal) when I took it apart and ordered a new set which came with 6 (4 normal, 2 flanged), so I lost 2 in the process. I have put it back together the only way I could but had to leave one of the flanged bearings off so the gold prop coupler could be secured in the right place on the flex shaft.

I think you will find it uses 4 bearings ie 2 plain bearings back to back at the front then the black plastic spacer then a plain bearing back to back with the flanged bearing at the rear. I think they include 2 spare bearings 1 plain + 1 flanged, as the rear 2 bearings wear faster than the front 2 bearings due to the side load put on the rear 2 bearings.

that is good that the boat has all that how much do you want for it: send quote to :sboatman 429 @gmail.com
    thanks,Steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve p View Post
    that is good that the boat has all that how much do you want for it: send quote to :sboatman 429 @gmail.com
    thanks,Steve
    I don't believe anyone is selling anything in this thread.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)