Thread: Mini boat build

Default Mini boat build

My Aquacraft Minimono split its seam (again).
    Any suggestions on what hull to put the guts into?
    I've only run out the box boats before.
    Its my first build.

Thanks

ETTI make fantastic Mini Monos, I would recommend a Mini Envoy if your water is flat or a Mini Phoenix if your water is lumpy.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Hi Paul,

I looking to build A small mono. I wan't good performance but don't plan to race it. I like the style of the ETTI monos. Unfortunately its hard to get much info about them. I'd prefer to get the mini size over the mono 1 size if I am not giving up too much performance. Speeds in the low 40's MPH would be good. I think ETTI has 3 mini monos, the Envoy, Phoenix and Vertigo. Do you know the characteristics of how they perform? Any other advice you can give would be great.

Thanks, Dave

As far as I know there are no boats that ETTI call Mini Vertigo. The series started with the Envoy which is a very successful Mono2 which Tom Feyen won the 2013 World Championships with, it earned enough of a name that ETTI scaled it down and made a Mini Mono version called the Mini Envoy. There was a chink in the armour though, while it is a great hull in calm water, in rough water it has a tendency to submarine. Tom took an Envoy, and cut it up, increasing the deadrise angle and turning the nose up to make it better in the rough, he either sold or gave it back to ETTI and they called it the Vertigo, Donatas Ceponis won the 2015 worlds with the Vertigo, and again ETTI decided to shrink it down to Mini Mono size, they called it the Mini Vertigo. The Mini Phoenix is new and I haven't seen one in real life but it looks pretty similar to the Vertigo in the photos, I would guess that it scaling it down directly didn't work 100% so they made some mods.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.