Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MMEU Practice

Default MMEU Practice

Well fellas.........this party is finally fix'n t' kick off.

As of tomorrow, the gates to the Shelby pond will be open for practice on Wednesday and Saturday.

Some Wednesdays we may get there earlier than 6:00pm but 6 will be the official start time. Usually until dusk......ish.

Same thing with Saturday. Official time will be 10:00am until we break everything we own or have somewhere else to be. More often than not we clear out about 1:00pm or so. That's when people start heading home to cut their grass etc. so we do to.

The course is in at 1/6 mile but I'm pretty certain we'll have to reset it before the first race. We'll run on it some and check the feel.

Just a heads up. Last year we had a Kayak class show up on a Saturday from the City of Shelby Township. I didn't get the impression it would be a regular thing but should the occasion arise again we will absolutely accommodate them. Shelby has been so good to us it's the least we can do.

In case I forget, the water fowl have the right of way on this pond. Period. If they are anywhere near the course we will wait for them. Stop your boat if you can't trust yourself to go out a round them. If you see someone running that hasn't noticed the birds give them a shout. Not the angry hateful kind. Just a "BIRDS!" should suffice.

As a courtesy we always retrieve for the new guys. Don't let a new guy shag boats please. Use the life jacket! The water is colder than a well diggers butt right now. You fall in now you're not going to make it to shore. That "life" jacket may actually become just that.

Club members can expect a similar email in a bit.

We'll use this thread to update you on practices. Any cancellations will show up here.

So......first practice is tomorrow at 10:00am. Supposed to snow so bring your snow pants. Stink'n MI crap weather. UGH!
    Noisy person

I will be in Toledo on Saturday but am planning to get to the pond on Wednesday right after I get off of work (6ish).
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Not looking good for practice tonite, but it is Michigan and only 10am. I will see how the day developes.

I will be there

The Atlanta boys are going to have an easy kill. Can't get any decent laps or testing done. Snowed like mad last Saturday too. Rained this past Wednesday. Supposed to be 30 degrees and snowing tomorrow.

We'll still be out at 10am. Just can't say for sure how long we'll stay.
    Noisy person

Just a heads up for EVERYONE, there will be NO practice next Saturday the 16th as we will be in Atlanta RACING!!!

I will be at the pond tomorrow around 6.

I may stop by boatless. All my crap is packed to go.
    Noisy person

You guys said in an email that the course will be getting some adjustment on Saturday 4/23, the day before our first club race.

Will the pond be open for practice that day as well?
    Or will it take all day to make the adjustments?
    Have fun with that....

We'll plan to make a day of being out there. Tom and I plan to get out there before practice to work on it so peeps can still get some course time too.
    Noisy person

Thank you...
    You and Tom's dedication has not gone un-noticed. Thank you, both
    Have fun with that....

I was going to say psychosis but thanks Dave.
    Wait till you see the new dog tags Pete cooked up. Very slick.

Takes a village to skin a tomato.......wait........I think I got that wrong.
    Noisy person

I will be at the pond on Wednesday around 6pm.
    -We are looking to get the course adjusted ASAP.
    -Pond will be open on Saturday. Time for opening will be posted here as soon as determined.

Hey everyone. The pond will not be available for practice tomorrow. Its the only opportunity we'll have to fix the course.

Then Saturday should be the usual 10 am open.

Check back here for any changes.
    Noisy person

Default New Pond!

New 7 acre pond that's boat friendly! Located in Owosso at Owosso MotorSports Park. My name is Todd and I work here too. I'm trying to get some people to come and check it out. We do not care what it runs on Bring It! This pond was expanded last year and currently does not have power down by lake. Power is on property but away from pond so a generator would be convenient if your running electrics. Cars are welcome too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shelby pond should be open by 10am tomorrow. We'll run until 1 or 2.
    Noisy person

The pond will be open tonite, around 6.

Wahooo!!!!! I'll be there!! "We can play through.....the heavy stuff isn't coming down until later!!".

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Wahooo!!!!! I'll be there!! "We can play through.....the heavy stuff isn't coming down until later!!".
    already raining at 21 mile and card rd. see you sat guys! basement time now on tap.

Practice times back to normal. Wednesdays 6pm to ?, Saturdays 10am to ?. If you are planning to come, please get there closer to start time than later. If the pond clears out, we will not keep it open. So if you were planning to come out on a Saturday at 1 and the pond cleared out at 12:30, you might show up and the pond be empty as we all left.

Next race July 24th. Sign-ups will be on rcracingevents.com by the end of the week.

tom----back problems keeping me home---sat. should be ok---have fun! see you guys soon!

Just a reminder no practice the Wednesday after a race so the pond will not be open tomorrow, the 24th

So my work hours have changed so I should be able to open the pond by 5 on Wednesdays, starting today

Hey guys,
    Original plan was to have no practice tomorrow as a number of us were supposed to be at the SAW's.

Just did another check on the weather. Looks like we might get a brief mid day reprieve to test some stuff. So I'm bringing my canopy tomorrow and we'll see how it goes. 10am as long as there is no lightening.......from the sky.
    Noisy person

Practice today as usual, OH wait! I will be opening the pond at 5 today, just an FYI

Practice today as usual, OH wait! I will be opening the pond at 5 today, just an FYI

any body going to the pond tomorrow ?

Just checked. Tom will be there. I'll be there in the morning for a little bit but can't stay. Moving day for my oldest child.
    Noisy person

ok cool need to pick some brains just ordered a phil thomas hydro and have questions on hardware turnfin motor etc... and of course play a little with new motor in p limited cat and p cat

I'll bring our old tired Stealth out for you to look at. You wont be sorry. Those boats are fun and fast. Or check Kevin's boat. I built that one too.
    Noisy person

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast