Well fellas.........this party is finally fix'n t' kick off.

As of tomorrow, the gates to the Shelby pond will be open for practice on Wednesday and Saturday.

Some Wednesdays we may get there earlier than 6:00pm but 6 will be the official start time. Usually until dusk......ish.

Same thing with Saturday. Official time will be 10:00am until we break everything we own or have somewhere else to be. More often than not we clear out about 1:00pm or so. That's when people start heading home to cut their grass etc. so we do to.

The course is in at 1/6 mile but I'm pretty certain we'll have to reset it before the first race. We'll run on it some and check the feel.

Just a heads up. Last year we had a Kayak class show up on a Saturday from the City of Shelby Township. I didn't get the impression it would be a regular thing but should the occasion arise again we will absolutely accommodate them. Shelby has been so good to us it's the least we can do.

In case I forget, the water fowl have the right of way on this pond. Period. If they are anywhere near the course we will wait for them. Stop your boat if you can't trust yourself to go out a round them. If you see someone running that hasn't noticed the birds give them a shout. Not the angry hateful kind. Just a "BIRDS!" should suffice.

As a courtesy we always retrieve for the new guys. Don't let a new guy shag boats please. Use the life jacket! The water is colder than a well diggers butt right now. You fall in now you're not going to make it to shore. That "life" jacket may actually become just that.

Club members can expect a similar email in a bit.

We'll use this thread to update you on practices. Any cancellations will show up here.

So......first practice is tomorrow at 10:00am. Supposed to snow so bring your snow pants. Stink'n MI crap weather. UGH!