Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darin's RECOIL 26 "N2-Offshore" Modiciations

By the way, Michael, I don't plan on actually racing this anyhow, so all this is mute. Set it up this was more as a test rig to use when Spektrum asks me to field test something (telemetry, RXs, Range tests, etc.)...

I just got all wound up over the Streep speech last night, so I'm in a bit of a defiant, argumentative mood today.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

all in fun, Its raining in CA and i'm adjusting. I thought I remembered a discussion where we were going to allow self righters so long as they didn't self right during the race. I decided to actually read the rule book to see what was there and that's what I found. The more we talk about it the grayer it seems to become.

Darin, I missed the part where you still have the weighted flywheel. Weighted flywheel + high RPM = Self right effect. Runnin a regular coupler will also help with the boat being a bit erratic and make the steering more precise.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Default Updates

I realize this is really old. I have many race boats but bought a SonicWake and am hooked on the self righting for playing around and with the grand kids. I picked up a Rocket 26, Valvryn 26, and a Recoil 26.
    They all could stand a boost in performance and precision. I replace the servos and linkage for 0 slop.
    I was thinking of replacing the speed control and running 4 cell? How critical is the weight of the esc and battery?
    Thanks, Bret
    Dumas Air Boat OS 25 nitro, Dumas Air Boat Brushless, Midwest Lobster Boat, AQ Lucas Oil Cat, Dumas Hot Shot IV Proboat outboard, Delta Force Cyber Storm 33

Quote Originally Posted by SlickZERO View Post
    I realize this is really old. I have many race boats but bought a SonicWake and am hooked on the self righting for playing around and with the grand kids. I picked up a Rocket 26, Valvryn 26, and a Recoil 26.
    They all could stand a boost in performance and precision. I replace the servos and linkage for 0 slop.
    I was thinking of replacing the speed control and running 4 cell? How critical is the weight of the esc and battery?
    Thanks, Bret
    I was thinking the same thing! I purchased my Recoil a few months before the Sonicwake was released. I just put a OSE Raider ESC in mine and going to try it on 4s in the spring, hopefully I don't burn up the original motor. If the motor does not burn up on 4s I will start playing with props also. I just lightly run mine for run but would like it to be a little faster.

[QUOTE=Darin Jordan;659602]For motors, I selected the TP 3630 in an appropriate KV for N2-Offshore (2S, up to 10,000mAh). I'm retaining the stock weighted coupler, as it'll help the self-righting feature continue to work, hopefully, with the in-runner motor and an appropriately sized set of batteries (the weight on the left side is what helps in this regard.)

Simply bolted the motor to the stock motor mount, attached the flywheel, and reinstalled.

Attachment 142101

That's about it. Bolted everything in place, installed a 2S1P 6600mAh pack, and she's ready to test.

Attachment 142102

Looks like a grease/water seal over the end of the flex shaft and tube just before the motor collet. Is that something you fabricated or did you purchase somewhere? My Recoil 26 did not come with anything here and I get some water coming into the boat.
    Larry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12