Thread: District 8 Pumpkin Scramble

Default District 8 Pumpkin Scramble

On Sunday, the District 8 club, Puget Sound Model Boaters, put on a combined Nitro/Gas/FE race at Lake Waughop in Tacoma, WA... Day was very cold and foggy in the morning, but by afternoon was mild, clear, and sunny, with NO wind at all... water was perfect all weekend!

Just wanted to thank them for their efforts and for inviting the PSFEMBC to the event to share the water with them... We had a blast!

I have a video from the final P-Mono heat that I'll link to later this week, once I get it downloaded and formatted, and I'll post some more pics as they become available, but here are a couple that Jerry Dunlap took of my boats and sent to me last night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Yes, big thanks to District 8, I had great fun, despite losing a boat.

It seemed a little bit like the PSFEMBC Follies for awhile...crazy day at the Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctonez View Post
    I had great fun, despite losing a boat.

It seemed a little bit like the PSFEMBC Follies for awhile...crazy day at the Lake.
    Corey... DEFINATELY a bummer about that boat going down... I wish I could have been faster on the dead-boat call, but by the time I figured out where it was, you guys were there... People REALLY need to paint their boat bottoms something MUCH brighter... Mahonony brown and silver is a little tough to see out there!

Darin,

How far was this from your house? 30 min, 1 hr?

Thanks,
    Fred
    NAMBA #581
    Q mono NAMBA record holder
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    Darin,

How far was this from your house? 30 min, 1 hr?

Thanks,
    Fred
    Lake Waughop is about an hour from my house...

Ok cool. I was asking cause it looks like Ill be moving right in the middle og the venue and renton. WOOOHOOO lots of racing.
    NAMBA #581
    Q mono NAMBA record holder
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    Ok cool. I was asking cause it looks like Ill be moving right in the middle og the venue and renton. WOOOHOOO lots of racing.
    REALLY!!! RIGHT ON!! More racing than you know... We race in Granite Falls and Monroe (Up north about an hours or so from Renton), in Federal Way (about 20-minutes from Renton), and once in awhile down at Waughop in Tacoma, as well as once a year over in Granger, WA with the Nitro guys...

There are also other opportunities... The 1/10th guys race in Renton, and other places...

Look us up when you get to town! We have our annual winter meeting the Saturday before Thanksgiving right here in Tukwilla... We'll be talking about plans for next season... Our club usually hosts 13-15 races a year just for us, plus we attend a couple of outside events...

Here guys... see if you can see this video... It's about 40-megs or so... was trying to keep the quality up... I'll upload it to YouTube later for easier playback...

Not my best driving by any means... the right side turn fin was too small for race water and I couldn't keep it from coming unhooked in the corners, so I had a hard time keeping lane one when I needed to... Might have cut Scott off a couple of times... it was close... I one-framed it and I think I had position on him and he was pushing the issue slightly, but I could have given him more room... I'll get the boat to handle better and work on that next time...

Right Click and then "Save As...": P-Mono Final Heat - Pumkin Scramble - October 19, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Lake Waughop is about an hour from my house...

Gee getting closer only about 5 hours from my house! LOL
    an RC rock crawler lost in a sea of boat parts.........