Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Good color combo
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks. Doing the zelos 48 next lol really need to stop crashing my boats.

For the guys that painted your hulls, did the stock graphics come off without peeling the paint with them?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    Team Liquid Dash

I have not done any painting, but the decals I removed came off just fine. I ran a hair dryer over the hull for a minute or so just to get things pliable.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    I have not done any painting, but the decals I removed came off just fine. I ran a hair dryer over the hull for a minute or so just to get things pliable.
    Ok good, looking to do my own graphics but was worried about the paint getting pulled up with the factory graphics.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    Team Liquid Dash

I had no issues taking the graphics off. Didn’t even warm them up first but I also wasn’t worried about the paint since I was going to sand it down anyways. But if your worried about your paint then use a hair dryer to warm up the glue.

Had one of my stingers wear out. Easy cheap quick fix. Use a 1/4 bullet for synflex fitting. AFA5E49D-E0DD-4922-B100-5614892FB2B5.jpg8154FE8F-AA3F-45B4-A276-B22FA6914E2A.jpg

https://youtu.be/ojkWumat1W4

well, I just ordered one of these and after reading all of this thread, looks like I will be doing a few upgrades before it goes on the water, that's next year then!

Well, I finally got around to finishing my carbon mounts. I gave my template for these to stratus, last year. By December, he'd made a set, and installed them. So, I'm a little behind on my build. Anyway, it's finally time to put it all back together with the Leo 4082's, and post this baby up in the for sale section, because I have waaaay too many boats, now. LOL.

20181016_010549.jpg
    20181009_182920.jpg

I just got on this forum and haven’t gone threw much info yet. But those motors don’t look stock😂 nice boat

Quote Originally Posted by Jrock609 View Post
    I just got on this forum and haven’t gone threw much info yet. But those motors don’t look stock�� nice boat
    They're 1600kv Leopard 4082's. Really an economy motor - not exotic, but reliable & makes ok power. A TP motor would be slightly better, and a Castle/NEU would be much better. I don't think this hull is worthy of motors beyond those. I had a plan to build the first 100mph Zelos 36, which involved a completely impractical setup. It likely would have either destroyed the hull going airborne, or caught fire (hence the use of the inexpesive Leopards, in case they were lost to Davey Jones' Locker). I was willing to go there, though. Since starting this build, however, I've not had a lot of time for boats and I have like 15 right now. So, I'm going to complete all my unfinished builds and sell off all but a few select hulls. I'll let the next owner try for the triple-digit crown.

Quote Originally Posted by lt130th View Post
    Well, I finally got around to finishing my carbon mounts. I gave my template for these to stratus, last year. By December, he'd made a set, and installed them. So, I'm a little behind on my build. Anyway, it's finally time to put it all back together with the Leo 4082's, and post this baby up in the for sale section, because I have waaaay too many boats, now. LOL.

20181016_010549.jpg
    20181009_182920.jpg
    I literally sat down last night and started making templates for the same mount. Got contact info for "stratus"? Would love to get another set cut out.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Got contact info for "stratus"?
    Are you looking for someone to mill the plates & send them to you, or do you just want an accurate template?
    I've spent a lot of time trimming and test-fitting these plates to get them just right. The template I sent Stratus didn't have any of the holes for the motor shaft or screws, and were the general shape to start with. I told him they would probably need some trimming/sanding since each hull is going to have irregularity. I can send you an updated template of these finished mounts if that's all you need. I found that the stuffing tubes were not placed with high precision, so I made the holes in mine specific to the locoation that each flex shaft exited the stuffing tube. It's your call on the holes. You can cut temporary cardboard or styrene plates with the holes, from the template, to test fit before cutting the carbon plates. Then, at least you'll have the motor screw hole template to place where needed if your stuffing tubes don't line up the same as this hull. I'll PM you this evening when I'm back in my office.
    Last edited by lt130th; 10-16-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Templates would be great! My hull already has quite a bit of reinforcement, so the internal dimensions will be different than yous, not to mention the production irregularities.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Hello mates, please give some tip for my zelos...
    When i used Zippy Compact LiPos the balance was perfect...
    With new Turnigy HD LiPos, maybe bcs are lighter, balance is not the same...
    I've put some weight beside the LiPos, drives are at zero as ever, same 43mm CNC props... same good wire drives...
    Top speed is ok, 110kmh (68,37mph), temperature are hot but acceptable, but i think the nose going up and down is not good...
    Please watch the below clip at second number 32... nose is dancing....
    And the water wake trail for my opionion is not perfect... you can check second number 53, a water hill at 5mt (15 feet) of distance...
    Do you think i have to move down the drives? I'm scared to submerge props too mach increasing amps...
    I cannot move the lipos in the front because cables are so short...
    Thanks in advance for your support...

HPR 115 kevlar bulletproof @90mph, MHZ Rapid carbonfiber, Bingo Race Minieco
    Futaba AIR TX/RX system with telemetry

Planning to buy a used 36 Zelos tomorrow. Does anyone know if I can fit larger Leopard 4074 motors using the stock motor mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1979 View Post
    Planning to buy a used 36 Zelos tomorrow. Does anyone know if I can fit larger Leopard 4074 motors using the stock motor mounts?
    I've done it, and yes, but the weight of the motor may pop the mounts out of their epoxy over time, so be aware.

20160126_204744.jpg

Also, you may want to wait... :)

ProBoat.JPG
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1979 View Post
    Yes they'll fit, but as Darin said, you'll have problems with the mounts. They're too heavy for the stock mounts, which were barely capable of keeping a 36mm motor aligned after a crash. You'll definitely want to add a rear support mount on each motor.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thank you, I added solid rear supports for the 4074 motors. Just to note that I have't ran the boat in water yet. I got it used and began upgrading it right away.
    I havea questions about the liners and the stuffing tubes on the Zelos. SOme folks have removed the stock liners and run just the flex cables in the original stuffing tubes. Is this safe? My boat came with somewhat sharp bends in the tubes which I don't like. So here's my dilemma:
    1. Is it safe to just get rid of the liners and get less friction, more RPMs?
    2.Run it with stock liners and tubes (somewhat a tight fit for the flex cable due to the bend in tubes).
    3. Use OSE Teflon liners, although they fit slightly loose inside the Zelos' tubes.
    4. Replace the stuffing tubes...

Any advice, please?
    Last edited by Nick1979; 05-19-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Replacing the stuffing tubes isn't too difficult. I've used a hot soldering iron to heat up the tube to help release it from the factory epoxy, then twist it out with a needle nose pliers. You might want to cut the tub into two pieces so you can free it from the hull and the forward mount separately. The stock brass tube and teflon liner are metric sizes, plan accordingly. You can use the OSE/Octura teflon liner, and an appropriately sized standard dimension brass tube from K&N.

Personally, I would not run a stock sized cable in the brass tube without a liner. If you felt the bend was too severe, I would replace it with a new one.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Here is where I stand - does this look too bent, or should I try the boat in the water see how it runs and then decide? One side is better than the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One side does look worse than the other, but looks can be deceiving. Is there a noticeable difference in friction when you spin the cables in the tubes white they are disconnected from the motor collet? If not, I would just run it, and take some temperature measurements of the stuffing tube during the first couple of runs to make sure nothing was overheating.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Looking to buy a good condition Zelos or the Miss. Geico Boat, hit me up?
    BJ42'' / Miss Geico 36'' / TFL Hydro 35'' / Retrieval boat 30'' Tug
    Make sure you check out my Youtube channel -----> shorturl.at/ntFQ7

I have a like new, maybe 4 runs old Zelos 36 that I would like to sell but the prices to ship are insane these days.
    Team Liquid Dash

Not sure if this has been asked but has anyone swapped the cables and props to run outside rotation for better handling. I am happy with a 60mph boat that turns better.
    Team Liquid Dash

Here is my first run on 6s v2 model.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nuqaGijHw

How do I post a thread sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked but has anyone swapped the cables and props to run outside rotation for better handling. I am happy with a 60mph boat that turns better.
    Hello Ray

I always run outbound props on my twin cat. Better handling at race speed. GPS on my 6S twin -77MPH.
    Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Currently just running stock props on mine but getting ready to upgrade to some Dasboata props/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3171798081