Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Thanks I will do that :-)

Hi guys,
    I'm preparing mine for the summer but had an accident with the zelos last year that I'm fixing at the moment.
    My boat submarined and hit some rocks at the bottom of the lake though it was pretty deep. 3-4 meters. I am repairing the crack with epoxy but the paint is screwed up at the front of the boat.
    I'm thinking about a complete new paintjob.
    What do you think, sand the old paint from the boat completely and use carpaint? or what is the best way to do it?
    Thanks in advance, I've been trough the thread the past year and really learned a lot of you guys!
    Happy boating to you all.

Hi Guys.

Just got my zelos OSE flex cable today. But I wonder if the lable on the cable is wrong. The red label says right side I think its wrong ???

D29F0BCA-276B-4848-AFEA-15A79FDD3EBF.jpg

The cable with the "R" on it needs to be installed in your left side strut (since that motor should be rotating to the right when you run it) and put the other one in your right side strut. The "R" doesn't mean it's for the right side, it means it's a "right rotation" flex.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    The cable with the "R" on it needs to be installed in your left side strut (since that motor should be rotating to the right when you run it) and put the other one in your right side strut. The "R" doesn't mean it's for the right side, it means it's a "right rotation" flex.
    Thanks Madrcer I was also confused about that label .

The "R" is right rotation but on the Zelos it still goes on the Right Side since that motor spins to the right, you will unwind that cable if installed on the left side.

you running props in or out?
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    you running props in or out?
    Props are running stock in.

A simple way to get this right is to look at the wind in the flex. As the motor turns the flex, the wind should tighten as it spins the prop.

If the props are turning inwards then the flex with the R on it goes to the left or port side of the boat, this will not unwind the flex but tighten the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltoggie View Post
    The "R" is right rotation but on the Zelos it still goes on the Right Side since that motor spins to the right, you will unwind that cable if installed on the left side.
    This is not correct. In stock form, the props on the Zelos spin inwards. That puts the the cable marked with an R on the left/port side of the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by prepered View Post
    Now im totally confused.

left_and_right_cable-2.jpg
    This photo is worded properly, but the position the cables are laid on the table next to one another is misleading. They should not be install in your Zelos as pictured here. As previously stated, the cable marked with an R gets installed on the left/port side of your hull. When both installed, the winds of both flex cables will make a ^ pattern, pointing towards the bow.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks guys. I got it now appreciate your help.

Hi Guys

Just finish putting the zelos together again and align the flex shaft. My question is if it will be and advantage if I change the motor timing , im running 45 mm cnc props.
    And what will be good.

ESC timing should be set at 7.5* for the stock 2000kV motors, either version.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks Madrcer I was also confused about that label .
    No problem glad to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Miltoggie View Post
    If your Right motor spins to the right that's one of the reasons your TP equipped Zelos is struggling and wanting to take flight at half throttle. The outward spinning props upset the handling on this boat more than the inward spinning props do on this particular boat.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    This is not correct. In stock form, the props on the Zelos spin inwards. That puts the the cable marked with an R on the left/port side of the hull.

As previously stated, the cable marked with an R gets installed on the left/port side of your hull. When both installed, the winds of both flex cables will make a ^ pattern, pointing towards the bow.
    I guess you don't have me on your ignore list anymore....

Hi Guys

Just finish putting the zelos together again and align the flex shaft. My question is if it will be and advantage if I change the motor timing , im running 45 mm cnc props.
    And what will be good.
    No. 7.5° is faster and the motor runs much cooler than on 15° on the 3910 motors and if you have the 3831's Team Orion (who manufacturer's them for Pro Boat) tested these to be more efficient on 7.5° and only recommend 7.5° timing for them. As for the flex cables please install them as I initially recommended in my above post and you will be fine. Good luck with it!
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Here's a great picture Rafael Lopez posted earlier today, just for future posterity when someone else is asking about flex cables...

Zelos_Cables.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

My boat has been wrong since day one then, gonna flip it around. Thank you guys for the info.

Or put wire drives in and don't worry about it.

you say run faster does motor not normal run slower whit lower timing. ? I agree it will be running cooler. But I have not testet it yet so maybe giv it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    No problem glad to help!

If your Right motor spins to the right that's one of the reasons your TP equipped Zelos is struggling and wanting to take flight at half throttle. The outward spinning props upset the handling on this boat more than the inward spinning props do on this particular boat.

I guess you don't have me on your ignore list anymore....

No. 7.5° is faster and the motor runs much cooler than on 15° on the 3910 motors and if you have the 3831's Team Orion (who manufacturer's them for Pro Boat) tested these to be more efficient on 7.5° and only recommend 7.5° timing for them. As for the flex cables please install them as I initially recommended in my above post and you will be fine. Good luck with it!
    you say run faster does motor not normal run slower whit lower timing. ? I agree it will be running cooler. But I have not testet it yet so maybe giv it a go.

Depends on the motor, it's not a blanket statement. More often than not, running more timing than what a motor was designed for does nothing but create more heat.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Lower timing is when the ESC fires the coil late (when it’s real close to the magnet) and that will slightly reduce the Rpm that the motor produces but the torque will be slightly higher. Higher timing the ESC fires the coil earlier (when it’s still further away from the magnet) so that's going to increase the motor’s RPM, but slightly reduce it's torque because it waste some of it's energy by striking or firing early or to soon. Be aware that higher heat comes with higher timing in most cases. Good luck with it
    Last edited by MADRCER; 08-21-2018 at 06:08 PM. Reason: more to add

Dynamite 3831 6-pole, 2000kv motors are a 1.5 "D" wind
    Timing should be 0 to 5 degrees MAX.
    Higher timing on a "D" wind does nothing for RPM or torque only causes more heat.

On a "Y" wind motor higher timing 10 to 20 degrees MAX will give you more RPM with less torque.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Thanks Guys for timing advise. does anybody know if its possible to buy teflon liner for zelos whiteout buying a hole flexshaft from proboat. I can't find the right dimensions anywhere I use OSE flexshaft.. stock brasstube

OSE has just liner material. The metric version will be slightly smaller, so it should work ok.

I measure stock liner inside to 4,8 mm and outside 6,8 mm that's not a normale size is it. ??

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    OSE has just liner material. The metric version will be slightly smaller, so it should work ok.
    I cannot find right size on OSE website. ??

Teflon liner for 4.75mm flexishafts. Fits into 7.15mm 9/32" o.d. brass tube. am I wrong ??

I’ve used the 3/16” liner on a metric shaft before. But if you’re concerned about sizing, why not change the stuffing tube and flex to an SAE size? I’ve eventually have done that on all my boats, when the flex cable gets worn.

Page 78 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast