Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Baller, since this is a 36" thread, I assume that's the size boat you have. Putting 20KW into a boat that size just sounds way over the top! I doubt you could have enough prop on there to even get it to bite. That's 333A at 8s on EACH motor! Surely you got a typo going on there...

Quote Originally Posted by RcJim View Post
    Greetings to all!Received my boat like a week ago and had it's maiden run,impressed with the stock speed which was at 54mph after reading all the 70 pages here i see that the best mod to do is changing props(i want to stay with stock electronics for now).Now my question is,how do i come in contact with the member dasboata to order some props also is there any another person who i can contact for making me props?I have no idea on props so it must be some one that i can trust he will do the job correct.This is my first and im trying to learn as much as i can from this place.Thank you all
    You can reach Dasboata from this site with a PM and he can let you know what he has that would work for you. I have a couple of good props that TRUCKPULL has done and he is on this site as well. The OSE store front sells prepped props from time to time when available or check the "Swap shop" section and you might find some there already prepped or the "Prop talk" section on here and I'm sure you can find more vendor options.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

rc jim, I agree with MADRCER
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Greetings to all!Received my boat like a week ago and had it's maiden run,impressed with the stock speed which was at 54mph after reading all the 70 pages here i see that the best mod to do is changing props(i want to stay with stock electronics for now).Now my question is,how do i come in contact with the member dasboata to order some props also is there any another person who i can contact for making me props?I have no idea on props so it must be some one that i can trust he will do the job correct.This is my first and im trying to learn as much as i can from this place.Thank you all
    Hi jim . This boat is impressive as a RTR. You can get mid to upper 60's maybe 70, with keeping stock electronics, and doing a couple small changes. I have Dabosta X447 props, OSE flex shafts, ( I tried Jeffs wire drives, but did not like the water issue, but some have fixed that issue and they are great drives). I run 6s each. SHARPED RUDDER, and use 220 grit wet/dry sand paper on what touches the water.
    Hold on to your ass, because it will fly!!!!' Very impressive RTR with little changes. Problem is ..."it will fly" .... yep grow wings and flip at around low 60's. That's when the trimming comes in... ( adjusting drives and center of gravity, with battery placement.) Have a great time with it...it's a head turner for sure!
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    You can reach Dasboata from this site with a PM and he can let you know what he has that would work for you. I have a couple of good props that TRUCKPULL has done and he is on this site as well. The OSE store front sells prepped props from time to time when available or check the "Swap shop" section and you might find some there already prepped or the "Prop talk" section on here and I'm sure you can find more vendor options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    Hi jim . This boat is impressive as a RTR. You can get mid to upper 60's maybe 70, with keeping stock electronics, and doing a couple small changes. I have Dabosta X447 props, OSE flex shafts, ( I tried Jeffs wire drives, but did not like the water issue, but some have fixed that issue and they are great drives). I run 6s each. SHARPED RUDDER, and use 220 grit wet/dry sand paper on what touches the water.
    Hold on to your ass, because it will fly!!!!' Very impressive RTR with little changes. Problem is ..."it will fly" .... yep grow wings and flip at around low 60's. That's when the trimming comes in... ( adjusting drives and center of gravity, with battery placement.) Have a great time with it...it's a head turner for sure!
    Thank you both for the tips and suggestions.Really appreciate it

Jim, the Dasboata x447 props will get you right around 70mph with stock electronics, good batteries, and a good setup. If you don't to be at the bleeding edge of what the stock setup can handle, you could ask Chris (Dasboata) about cutting some 447 props down to 45mm for you. They would have more pitch than a standard pair of 445 props with a slightly small diameter than the 447's. Good luck!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

nope i had custom props made.each motor is 2700kv and runs on 8s each so u r bang on!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Baller, since this is a 36" thread, I assume that's the size boat you have. Putting 20KW into a boat that size just sounds way over the top! I doubt you could have enough prop on there to even get it to bite. That's 333A at 8s on EACH motor! Surely you got a typo going on there...
    nope not a typo.each motor is a cordova 2700 kv made to runs on 8s power each for a total of 16s.i have been in touch with a very knowledgeable prop maker and he made me two that he think might stand a chance.anyway wheather it goes fast or blows up it will make for cool video!

Well that makes you the Speed Demon of the month! Since you got props, need to get that amperage coupled troughout the system. My calculations show you'll need 8AWG, high strand wire no more that 5" in total length, each side. After that, it goes to 6AWG and you can get to about 8.5" of wire. If you used small wire, you'll just not couple the battery power to the ESC. The amperage level is your biggest challenge. Obviously need to use the largest, highest quality connectors you can get (Castle Connectors). You'll also need close to 1Farad of capacitance external to the ESC on EACH side. At this amperage, the wires have enough meaningful inductance to cause significant voltage surges at the ESC. They won't survive without a huge external cap board. They don't sell these, you have to make them. If you want help there, I will supply part numbers you can use to build this cap board. Maybe we can keep this speed demon from going Chernobyl on you! I hope you got a long lake to get this thing opened up on!

Ok so AGAIN... NOT "16s".. 16 cells yes.. The s in "16s" is for series. 16s voltage is pushing close to 60v "TOTAL". 8s2p is what you have = 2 8s systems in parallel. Apologies but this "Im running a total of 12s or 16s in my Zelos bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Well that makes you the Speed Demon of the month! Since you got props, need to get that amperage coupled troughout the system. My calculations show you'll need 8AWG, high strand wire no more that 5" in total length, each side. After that, it goes to 6AWG and you can get to about 8.5" of wire. If you used small wire, you'll just not couple the battery power to the ESC. The amperage level is your biggest challenge. Obviously need to use the largest, highest quality connectors you can get (Castle Connectors). You'll also need close to 1Farad of capacitance external to the ESC on EACH side. At this amperage, the wires have enough meaningful inductance to cause significant voltage surges at the ESC. They won't survive without a huge external cap board. They don't sell these, you have to make them. If you want help there, I will supply part numbers you can use to build this cap board. Maybe we can keep this speed demon from going Chernobyl on you! I hope you got a long lake to get this thing opened up on!
    yup u r right once more.i am running 8 awg wire with 8mm bullets and yes again external caps also.some of my esc's i even run duel 8awg wires positive and negative in fact with 12000 uf cap packs.i have lots of speed run cars and boats and i know the rules of electricty and current and amp draw also but i really do respect and appreciate your input. thank you.dont worry i will post a video of this 36 cat and my 48 inch zelos with a 21 hp lehner motor that runs on 10s also.cheers! p.s. at worst well it blows but it would still make for good video jk.thanks for your help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Smh
    your too much.u really have it out for me dont u and for what reason i am curious to know.when i joined here long ago i think u were the first person i messaged and since then all down hill well any way i will be sure to post videos when i take out the 36 and for u that havent seen here is the 48 zelos i did with a 21 hp 1/5 scale lehner motor in it running on 10s and even did all water lines to match and quick pic of 36 after i had it hydro dipped.thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    his post are very entertaining say the least. worlds longest boat build hahah. what do you expect from a guy who thinks his zelos is going to be running on 16s lmao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    sorry bro maybe i didnt make it clear as u can see in the pics the 36 and 48 are each done but like i said time is a issue.where i live in toronto a city of almost 3 millon people there is exactly a little cove a run away to and drive my boats and be back home in 5 min.sorry bro for me the rel world is busy and i have tons of other crap and builds i am doing.i have a 16s 1/5 fg i just did and a 12s mugen mrx5 rossa world speed run comp car aother 12s 2000 kv speed run rustler rossa comp car and ton of crap so i am sorry but i am sure they will probably later then sooner in the instance run and when i do i am sure to post vids.sorry to hurt all your feels here with not running the boats yet but they rae and i will repeat are both finished.where u got still being built when i posted pics of them done along ago is beyond me.so please let me just beg for your forgiveness now and make this all better.thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    his post are very entertaining say the least. worlds longest boat build hahah. what do you expect from a guy who thinks his zelos is going to be running on 16s lmao
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
    oh sorry forgot to add when u play in the big leagues u need to have a charger that can charge bigger then your 4s battery like yours typically does so mine does all the way to a 14s lipo and it gets used for purposed much bigger then your 4s zelos batteries bahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!oh and i know u have never seen much less handled or owned any batteries such as a 8s lipo but i will show u what one of mine looks like. your to hardcore for me by any means. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second clean up here fellas.

Please knock it off with the bashing. These are after all "toy boats".

The "ignore" feature on the forum works well if someone is getting under your skin.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Patiently waiting for this video! Should be interesting.

That's a huge surface ride! Is that a 12s application? I see where your high power experience comes from. You don't have anything to prove here, just enjoy yourself... Folks get a little wound up these days, so let's all respect what we bring to the table. I'm going to watch what baller does, I may want to build a huge rigger some day.

HEY Guys, I know this thread is quite old... but maybe good for me because you guys have had more time to play with your toys and make them go faster. I have been playing with boats lately mostly electric because we bought a house on a little lake... great water feature but not much good for anything other than little boats like the Zelos 36 and such... So being the guy I am , I put the best battery option in it and still want for speed. Recently smoked a motor ( Figure because i picked something up and motor got to hot because cooling line got jammed. Anyhow, I figure now is as good as time as any to upgrade to some bigger faster motors and wonder what is out there and should I get... Honestly I want crazy fast. She will do 80 mph now, so looking for 100mph+ now....

Power On...
    Pete

Seems everybody is in a big hurry!

So I burned up one of the motors in my Zelos and it seems they discontinued the motors in it. Any suggestions on motors I can switch to that I can use the stock ESCs?

Anything bigger, More powerful, more RPM than the 2000kv available ? whether I need to up grade other stuff (ESC) (Batteries) or not dont care.... I Have The Need For Speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2000kv is already a HOT setup. You can allways get a bigger motor like a 1515 (4074) just to be able to spin a bigger prop. Check out the Zelos fast list thread to see what myself and others have done to go absurd speeds. The Poseidon 1515 2200kv did well for me... https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...elos-Fast-List!! ...... 100mph??.. Hasnt been done, yet. Rafael (Proboat developer) is sitting at the top with 93.75mph. Uper 90s-100 is going to be tricky with this hull with its wide stance and big tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    2000kv is already a HOT setup. You can allways get a bigger motor like a 1515 (4074) just to be able to spin a bigger prop. Check out the Zelos fast list thread to see what myself and others have done to go absurd speeds. The Poseidon 1515 2200kv did well for me... https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...elos-Fast-List!! ...... 100mph??.. Hasnt been done, yet. Rafael (Proboat developer) is sitting at the top with 93.75mph. Uper 90s-100 is going to be tricky with this hull with its wide stance and big tunnel.
    Sweet - thanks for the response... This list of mods on each guys set up is perfect ... Just enough to get me in trouble... moohaha... I will do some clicking and knock a dent in my AMEX, then do a little tinkering and be back to ya guys... had her hitting almost 80 currently just batteried UP! Just a smidge... LOL!

There's "No replacement for raw displacement..." More motor and/or Battery.... in this case vs ci in say a v8... As for hull design and specs I beg to differ thinking 100mph is quite attainable with ideal conditions... weight needed to hold her in the water long enough to accelerate and put the power to the water...

I will be back.... I got a few cool videos somewhere I'll post! :)

Power On...
    Pete

Almost 80 mph with a stock set up???

100 will require hull reinforcement, strut at the transom reinforcement, battery tray reinforcement, an airdam to curtain the air pack at the front, lead teflon bushings (OSE store) in the struts etc etc etc.. A few pages back you can see the mods Ive made in prep for 90+. Im also thinking about blueprinting the sponsons. I still dont think its enough but will be entertaining. Good luck on your venture, I know Ill need it.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteryPete.com View Post
    Sweet - thanks for the response... This list of mods on each guys set up is perfect ... Just enough to get me in trouble... moohaha... I will do some clicking and knock a dent in my AMEX, then do a little tinkering and be back to ya guys... had her hitting almost 80 currently just batteried UP! Just a smidge... LOL!

There's "No replacement for raw displacement..." More motor and/or Battery.... in this case vs ci in say a v8... As for hull design and specs I beg to differ thinking 100mph is quite attainable with ideal conditions... weight needed to hold her in the water long enough to accelerate and put the power to the water...

I will be back.... I got a few cool videos somewhere I'll post! :)

Power On...
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Dude are you being serious? He has like 26 combined hp and 88k Rpms. None of the facts you just stated matters, they are canceled out by the sheer power of the Cordova's. Having those motors, is just literally magic. Besides, this guy knows what he is doing. He has multiple speed boats (only seen two rtr zelos boats that have never run yet) and speed run rc cars. Why even try to help him? He's far beyond our skills and experience. He's already let us know he needs no help or advice so I think we should just leave him be. (I'm gonna stop now, I don't want to instigate anything else, that's why I'm not responding to his posts....I'm just getting good laughs tho....I probably shouldn't have posted this but I couldn't help myself because some people are actually entertaining this shenanigans).
    I think the post above you was tallking to the other person (the one I linked you) not for baller
    Genesis 36", Zelos Twin 36"

Quote Originally Posted by stratus View Post
    I think the post above you was tallking to the other person (the one I linked you) not for baller
    Apologies, yes you are correct. I'll delete my post even thought it's funny about him.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

No not totally stock, but yes the stock 2000kv motors... Batteries is always a big contributor to performance... Kinda why I got into the hobby as of late... Being I am BatteryPete I plan to develop and manufacture my own line of SneakyPete Lithium Battery Packs that are tailored for the needs of a given application. Boat guys... Truck Guys... Car guys.... (buggies vs live axle cars), jet turbine guys... even drone guys... so stay tuned on that venture... probably 9-12 months out on that venture... still gathering info and tinkering...

Power On...
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by BatteryPete.com View Post
    No not totally stock, but yes the stock 2000kv motors... Batteries is always a big contributor to performance... Kinda why I got into the hobby as of late... Being I am BatteryPete I plan to develop and manufacture my own line of SneakyPete Lithium Battery Packs that are tailored for the needs of a given application. Boat guys... Truck Guys... Car guys.... (buggies vs live axle cars), jet turbine guys... even drone guys... so stay tuned on that venture... probably 9-12 months out on that venture... still gathering info and tinkering...

Power On...
    Pete
    Very good. Make them right and price them fair. Fair being that what some of these companies charge for batteries is crazy. But tailoring to each specific type of r/c may be a stretched effort. IMO, being that I have all different r/c's, I would say your strongest packs are needed for fe boats, edf jets, and 3D heli's. On and offroads, scalers/crawlers, scale boats/trucks, tanks, and construction equipment have much lower amp requirements. Good luck Pete!

If you can make a pack that beats Revolectrix you have a winner. The IRs on these things is off the hook.

Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast