Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

This boat does not need 8s to go fast. At all. Choose the right component and a 6s setup will outrun an over kill 8s setup. Something you guys aren't considering either, weight. This super thin hull with 8s worth of batteries is going to be heavy. You think it'll survive a nice flip with all that weight? Surely when 8s is referred to, it's 8s per motor? Not just two 4s packs in series running two motors? I think that's too much current draw for that. So why not do this correctly? Build a 5s or 6s setup. 6s use 2000kv 4050 tp motors or a 5s run 2200-2300kv motors. It'll run 90+ easily if you can keep it on the water.

I don't recommend trying to go over 70 with this hull however, unless you pulled it all apart and reinforced it and gave it a nice inlay. You better jb weld the motor mounts in place too.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Question: in order to qualify for a place in the top speed zelos 36 thread, does the boat have to be in one piece at the end of the run?

For example, say you go airborne during the run, the hull explodes but you're able to retrieve the GPS which reports a record speed before the crash. Does that count?

[QUOTE=lt130th;695408]Question: in order to qualify for a place in the top speed zelos 36 thread, does the boat have to be in one piece at the end of the run?

For example, say you go airborne during the run, the hull explodes but you're able to retrieve the GPS which reports a record speed before the crash. Does that count?

You might get a quicker response if you posted on that thread..but the GPS will record the blowoff/crash speed and NOT the on water speed.
    Last edited by MADRCER; 07-16-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    You might get a quicker response if you posted on that thread..but the GPS will record the blowoff/crash speed and NOT the on water speed.

I figured, since we're still discussing setups (8s being worth it vs 6s) and it applies to acheiving top speed it was in the ballpark of relevance. It might make Travis a little irritated, but I'll still post more build stuff here, too, to keep this on topic.

For GPS I use a Garmin etrex Vista C that updates every second. It will show me the max speed acheived, and since the boat has all kinetic energy, it will not speed up once it leaves the surface of the water.

Any suggestions on connectors, I'm running stock for now but today after a long swim lol it appears the ec5's unsoldered, I would like to mod the zelos to be more efficient the speed is more than enough for me I'd just like to run the boat longer without temperature issues? Maybe different esc's ?

Quote Originally Posted by cbard View Post
    Any suggestions on connectors, I'm running stock for now but today after a long swim lol it appears the ec5's unsoldered, I would like to mod the zelos to be more efficient the speed is more than enough for me I'd just like to run the boat longer without temperature issues? Maybe different esc's ?
    Castle green 6.5mm.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by lt130th View Post
    I figured, since we're still discussing setups (8s being worth it vs 6s) and it applies to acheiving top speed it was in the ballpark of relevance. It might make Travis a little irritated, but I'll still post more build stuff here, too, to keep this on topic.

For GPS I use a Garmin etrex Vista C that updates every second. It will show me the max speed acheived, and since the boat has all kinetic energy, it will not speed up once it leaves the surface of the water.
    That GPS must be awesome! I'll have to check it out. My experiences have been when the boat lifted off the water the speeds were very seldom correct by showing more speed than they actually are going. I also noticed that Mike Zaborowski (Grim Racer) and a few others have had experiences like mine with their GPS units. Check out their post of another Boat review below.

gps speed blowoff.jpgGPS OFF WATER SPEED.jpg
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

no the boat wont speed up but the sudden impact can generate g forces that will show a higher speed than what the boat actually ran
    I've had this happen twice to me when checking speeds with a GPS
    one boat had a 15mph increase in top speed from the sudden impact.
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I only get irritated when people post questions about problems with their new stock boat. Put new escs and Or motors in and have a problem, great, we might can help. But stock boat issues, nah. That's not what I created this thread for. I wanted to make this so people that modify their boats and get good speed out of it can share what they did....even if it's just a prop swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    no the boat wont speed up but the sudden impact can generate g forces that will show a higher speed than what the boat actually ran
    I've had this happen twice to me when checking speeds with a GPS
    one boat had a 15mph increase in top speed from the sudden impact.
    I thought the speed up was when the boat came out the water and into the air relieving itself of water drag momentarily? It's always seemed to me that that's what happens, I could be wrong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I thought the speed up was when the boat came out the water and into the air relieving itself of water drag momentarily? It's always seemed to me that that's what happens, I could be wrong tho.
    You could be correct?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Yes - that is the way it works.
    As the front of the boat lifts - the props can push it about 10 times easer, therefore (faster) speeding up the hull and raising the GPS reading about 10 to 15MPH. for a split second before complete blow over.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

But if the boat is already out of the water like how most of mine run is not going to loosen up much more to gain 15mph on a push for a half a second

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    Run cnc props with caution. The blades dont like high rpm.
    20170715_084742.jpg lol
    Genesis 36", Zelos Twin 36"

Castle green 6.5mm.
    Thanks KFX, I'll order some up. One other question with boats the motors come with small gauge wire and no solder tabs this seems odd as when running cars you have the option of adding short large wires for lower resistance. As discussed here in the boat forums the boats draw lots of current so this seems odd. Any thoughts? Thanks again

Thanks KFX, I'll order some up. One other question with boats the motors come with small gauge wire and no solder tabs this seems odd as when running cars you have the option of adding short large wires for lower resistance. As discussed here in the boat forums the boats draw lots of current so this seems odd. Any thoughts? Thanks again
    Well I run the castle bullets on the motors too.

......... In other news. I know of a guy who is toying with the idea of running the TP 4050 2100s on 7s... Dont think its needed but hey. If he could only find time to complete the rebuild.

Cleaned up this thread fellas.

Dallas, please check your PMs.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Cleaned up this thread fellas.

Dallas, please check your PMs.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    ......... In other news. I know of a guy who is toying with the idea of running the TP 4050 2100s on 7s... Dont think its needed but hey. If he could only find time to complete the rebuild.
    Yea I think that's way too much. I ran a 2050kv and on 6s it's too much. I guess let him find that out on his own.

I set SAW records with a 2200 Kv motor on 6S, unless the "guy" is happy with a few zip-zip passes at a time, he's looking for trouble with that Kv and voltage. But like Travis says, let him discover on his own if he doesn't want to take advice....
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    I set SAW records with a 2200 Kv motor on 6S, unless the "guy" is happy with a few zip-zip passes at a time, he's looking for trouble with that Kv and voltage. But like Travis says, let him discover on his own if he doesn't want to take advice....
    Yeah I, or I mean that guy gets carried away sometimes. Im hoping to air this thing out on 6s and hit the top of the list again. Probably not best to advertise it but wheres the fun without some competition? Been running the same combo (TP4050 2100kv 6s) in a 1/8 buggy 80mph drifting for months. They are def solid motors and run cool and true to ratings. In the twin on SF240s they should be good to go.

I did not think I said anything wrong to set the guy off, but glad it got deleted. To the boat, I been watching ideas here for a long time, and I agree this hull cant handle speeds w/o custome reinforcement to the hull. Where I run a friend there had one and he needed SPEED by replacing motors, esc's etc, it either smokes or grows wings. You guys are doing great with this RTR. great boat out of the box (in the 50's I think) and with help from here there in the upper 60's with stock, 70's modified, I'm still keeping mine stock electronics and have some ideas to get it past my 68 mph mark.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    I did not think I said anything wrong to set the guy off, but glad it got deleted. To the boat, I been watching ideas here for a long time, and I agree this hull cant handle speeds w/o custome reinforcement to the hull. Where I run a friend there had one and he needed SPEED by replacing motors, esc's etc, it either smokes or grows wings. You guys are doing great with this RTR. great boat out of the box (in the 50's I think) and with help from here there in the upper 60's with stock, 70's modified, I'm still keeping mine stock electronics and have some ideas to get it past my 68 mph mark.
    I wouldn't worry about it, you made a comment about if he even runs his and he got all butt hurt about it. Very sensitive soul. Hopefully he's banned because he doesn't know how to conduct himself around adults.

Anyways, did you do all the free mods I listed at the beginning of the thread?

Glad that guy is gone.... Geez, what a kook!!

good run guys.i am still hoping to get out my twin powered 2700kv cordova motors both runnung 8s each.i am in the middle of a speed run challenge with one of my on road cars at the moment so i hope once it is done i can get it going but keep up the great work guys!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

i made up some little reinforcement plates to go behind the struts so the little nuts dont get pulled through like they seem to be doind.also i fiberglassed down the mount that the motor mounts screw into and i also installed the wire drives in place of the flex shafts so now its just finding time to get it out.i still have to get my custom 48 inch out also but i have all the speed run comps i am in with my various cars so time is of the issue but keep up the killer time guys!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

i run 8mm castle bullets on eveything.cant go wrong and they can handle alot of power.i even use them on all my 1/5 scale lehner boat motors also.they are great.

Really? Surely it's been done by now? I'm building an 8s setup right now, but finding time to make progress on that build has been the main issue for me. I assumed it had already been done at least a couple times by now.
    mine should be making approx 24 combined hp at approx 88000 rpm.i call it project sink or swim.ether it is going to go fast as hell or it will tear itself apart but ether way i am filming it because it will be cool as hell lol!!

Greetings to all!Received my boat like a week ago and had it's maiden run,impressed with the stock speed which was at 54mph after reading all the 70 pages here i see that the best mod to do is changing props(i want to stay with stock electronics for now).Now my question is,how do i come in contact with the member dasboata to order some props also is there any another person who i can contact for making me props?I have no idea on props so it must be some one that i can trust he will do the job correct.This is my first and im trying to learn as much as i can from this place.Thank you all

Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast