Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

What are you going to run for props

Quote Originally Posted by stratus View Post
    Are those 4050?
    C-mon bro....... Guess Ill wait for you to guinea pig this setup..... Sorry Stratus, reply was meant for Keagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    C-mon bro....... Guess Ill wait for you to guinea pig this setup..... Sorry Stratus, reply was meant for Keagan.
    lol I was holding out, figure you would be the first. I might get a chance to run it Thursday.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    nps m8.

Yesturday had a run with my zelos,had some big waves so no full speed just had some fun bashing around

Genesis 36", Zelos Twin 36"

The waves make for some interesting acrobatics. I've never run on water like that. If the waves are that big on my pond, it's because there's a 50mph headwind!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by stratus View Post
    nps m8.

Yesturday had a run with my zelos,had some big waves so no full speed just had some fun bashing around

Nice to see her go airborne on those waves, do you run heavy duty flexes?
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

wow! so crazy! never seen a speedcat trough sea waves!!!
    HPR 115 kevlar bulletproof @90mph, MHZ Rapid carbonfiber, Bingo Race Minieco
    Futaba AIR TX/RX system with telemetry

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    The waves make for some interesting acrobatics. I've never run on water like that. If the waves are that big on my pond, it's because there's a 50mph headwind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Nice to see her go airborne on those waves, do you run heavy duty flexes?
    Quote Originally Posted by banixj View Post
    wow! so crazy! never seen a speedcat trough sea waves!!!
    Thnx guys it was really fun idd,in the full vid has lot more jumps and some crazy surf on the waves but had to cut em cause i was in the middle of it all the time :p !! As for the flexes i run with the stocks atm but im planing to swap em really soon,i was going to use wires but ill go with the ose upgraded ones instead since im thinking to upgrade motors also soon

i also want to swap flexes but i'm not able to decide between hd flexes and wires... i don't understand if water come inside with wires...

i also want to swap flexes but i'm not able to decide between hd flexes and wires... i don't understand if water come inside with wires...
    water enters the wire drives if you don't use what Jeff suggest a (auto vacuum nipple) I believe what he said to use.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Hit 71.2 a while ago with new setup.

Seaking 180
    TP4050
    X447s
    Revo 6s

I believe my Revos are on their way out. I wanna go back to using 4 packs vs 6s direct to each motor. She was running wet and could use some positive on the struts. Would it be recommended to prop up too? If I can get mid 70s to 80s I would be happy. Already am but that would be my goal. I predicted a modest 70mph with this setup. I know some of you guys reached these speeds on stock equipment but I'm still learning this hull.

IMG_3901.jpg

Nice run Keagan. I just got comfortable running the boat on 2 3S packs last season and tried 4 on the last weekend out. It was a distaster in terms of how much the setup changed. I'll start over this spring sorting out the setup with four packs because 2min run times with two packs is just no fun!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks bud, I gotta weigh the Zelos, she sure feels heavy w those 6S packs. I also think the x447s won't net me 80mph. I'll try the props off my Zonda, 1815s with fresh packs and hold on for the ride.

Thanks bud, I gotta weigh the Zelos, she sure feels heavy w those 6S packs. I also think the x447s won't net me 80mph. I'll try the props off my Zonda, 1815s with fresh packs and hold on for the ride.
    1815 's have more pitch the 447's

1.8" = 45.72mm x 1.5 = 68.58mm pitch

47mm X 1.4 = 65.8mm Pitch

Your 1815's are they the 17 degree rake props??
    1815-17-45/2

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Hit 71.2 a while ago with new setup.

Seaking 180
    TP4050
    X447s
    Revo 6s

I believe my Revos are on their way out. I wanna go back to using 4 packs vs 6s direct to each motor. She was running wet and could use some positive on the struts. Would it be recommended to prop up too? If I can get mid 70s to 80s I would be happy. Already am but that would be my goal. I predicted a modest 70mph with this setup. I know some of you guys reached these speeds on stock equipment but I'm still learning this hull.

IMG_3901.jpg
    nice that's my goal with stock electronics.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

I've got a set of 1814-17's to try out as well. I'm good with 70mph, but would be interested to see how the ABC's change the ride vs. the x447's I ran last season.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

For the ABC 17 degree rake props, you have to set your drives down about 2 degrees.

That is the rear or prop end down.

This is done because these props have so much push, if you leave your drives level, they will lift your bow too much, and moving enough weight forward to compensate will upset the balance of the hull.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    1815 's have more pitch the 447's

1.8" = 45.72mm x 1.5 = 68.58mm pitch

47mm X 1.4 = 65.8mm Pitch

Your 1815's are they the 17 degree rake props??
    1815-17-45/2

Larry
    They were 1915-17 but Dasboata made them to 1815-17 with less pitch. What were you thinking?

Nice run,waiting vids with your new props!!

Default Winter session report

Temperatures went a little up so i went to the lake after 3 months stop!

LVC:
    last time, after 3'30" running, right ESC red led was blinking...
    so i checked LVS setting: both ESC at 3.2V
    this time, with 2 fresh lipos (same model Nanotech 65C 5A), same run time, at the end left ESC red led was blinking.......
    so my conclusion is: this lipos are good but not enough to fit the high amp drawning using 2 only lipos, so voltage difference between no load and max load is huge and hit the lvc.
    Do you agree?
    Can i set LVC at 3V/cell??

LiPo and top speed:
    with 2 fresh LiPos the top speed is really increased!!! but i forgot my Garmin at home... next time i will log the top speed!
    Anyway LiPo quality and LiPo age is really really important!
    What's the best way to fit 4 batteries? i think it's impossible to add a strap to block the front lipos under the hull... i'd like to put the 4 LiPos in the same line in the middle but i don't know how...

Pictures:
    While i was running my Zelos a professional photographer was going around and stop to make some shoots of my Zelos! enjoy...

ProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_01.jpgProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_02.jpgProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_04.jpg
    ProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_05.jpgProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_07.jpg

Very nice pictures! Remember if you wanna record your top speed with any setup there is a Zelos fast thread, I can't remember off hand if your on it? I'll be heading out today again. Funny you should mention positioning 4 packs. I just prepared the Zelos to use 4 3S packs vs 2 6s packs. I'll figure it out at the lake, I remember using some foam to kinda Kee the front packs snug and use only 1 strap on the. While the 2 back ones were using 2 straps each.

Temperatures went a little up so i went to the lake after 3 months stop!

LVC:
    this time, with 2 fresh lipos (same model Nanotech 65C 5A), same run time, at the end left ESC red led was blinking.......
    so my conclusion is: this lipos are good but not enough to fit the high amp drawning using 2 only lipos, so voltage difference between no load and max load is huge and hit the lvc.
    Do you agree?
    Can i set LVC at 3V/cell??

LiPo and top speed:
    with 2 fresh LiPos the top speed is really increased!!! but i forgot my Garmin at home... next time i will log the top speed!
    Anyway LiPo quality and LiPo age is really really important!
    What's the best way to fit 4 batteries? i think it's impossible to add a strap to block the front lipos under the hull... i'd like to put the 4 LiPos in the same line in the middle but i don't know how...

Pictures:
    While i was running my Zelos a professional photographer was going around and stop to make some shoots of my Zelos! enjoy...

ProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_01.jpgProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_02.jpgProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_04.jpg
    ProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_05.jpgProBoat Zelos36 proshoot_07.jpg
    The photos are all the money!!!

Very nice pictures! Remember if you wanna record your top speed with any setup there is a Zelos fast thread, I can't remember off hand if your on it? I'll be heading out today again. Funny you should mention positioning 4 packs. I just prepared the Zelos to use 4 3S packs vs 2 6s packs. I'll figure it out at the lake, I remember using some foam to kinda Kee the front packs snug and use only 1 strap on the. While the 2 back ones were using 2 straps each.
    my record on fast thread was 101kmh/63mph, i'm sure i will improve it so soon!

please share a pic of your 4 lipo fitting soon!

Just got back from the lake. New Best @ 86.5!!! Using 1815-17-45

IMG_3907.jpg

16 miles up with changing props! wow

Yeah I'm surprised. That puts me .1mph above Erroneous and behind Rafael on the fast list.

Just got back from the lake. New Best @ 86.5!!! Using 1815-17-45

IMG_3907.jpg
    Nice. Should have 90 in it no problem

That is crazy! I couldn't believe it. Will upload video later of run.

3.5minutes is about right for run time on 2 3s batteries getting drawn all the way down to LVC. If you're not timing the run itself, you're going to hit LVC on at least one of the ESC's for sure. I don't think anything is wrong with what you're seeing. Did you measure the voltage of the cells after the run to determin how much capacity was left in them?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast