Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Quote Originally Posted by stratus View Post
    Thnx and you mean if i was standing in the sea?If that yes but the water barely covered my ankle its to shallow so its basicly like stand on the beach
    I think he asked because of the salt water, it will eat a boat up. Make sure yo flush everything, then do it again.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Ohh!yes unfortunately the only option we have is salt water no lakes here.Iam aware of the maintenance,its boring but what can you do!
    Genesis 36", Zelos Twin 36"

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    I think he asked because of the salt water, it will eat a boat up. Make sure yo flush everything, then do it again.
    exactly....
    ....and again... and again...
    HPR 115 kevlar bulletproof @90mph, MHZ Rapid carbonfiber, Bingo Race Minieco
    Futaba AIR TX/RX system with telemetry

Rafael wrote good motor upgrade is a 3660 with more output watts...
    I am going to try new motors and as from ten years i will choose a Keda Saker 4 poles motor: quality close to Leopard but price is less than half...
    But i really don't know what lenght/kv to choose... i want to use stock ESC with proprs between 42 and 47...

http://www.kedamodel.com/product/4p36.html
    HPR 115 kevlar bulletproof @90mph, MHZ Rapid carbonfiber, Bingo Race Minieco
    Futaba AIR TX/RX system with telemetry

I have learned through the years, that stock sometimes is better then mod. whats wrong with doing 70 mph with a 36 inch boat...all stock electronics ?
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Build Thread "Operation Sink or Swim" has begun!!!!

So finally after the long winter and the distraction of building 3 sled pullers, and one speed car I have begun to start building on my 36 inch zelos which last summer i had gotten hydro dipped in gold carbon fiber.i have all the parts and electronics needed to assemble the boat so now i just have to find time over the next week or two to do so.pictured below i have made two backing plates to put on the inside of the hull behind the struts so that the nuts dont get pulled through the fiberglass due to the force of the drag on the rear struts!
    Attached Images Attached Images

ok last night i got the rear of the boat re assembled and the backing plates put on the rear of the struts on the inside of the boat.i also got flanged nuts to use instead of the regular ones with the washer.much easier and i also just thing alot better in general.i also installed new servo and servo arm.

now that all that is done ( what a pain in the butt ) it is time to mock up the motors and start fittment of my 2 8s 2700 Cordova motors.Each motor is 1.5 x 4 inches in size.wish me luck LOL!!!

Ok, lil pic of my own.... IMG_0190.jpg

Also looking at the pic of the steering servo/arm. Shouldnt the cables run parallel into the horn/arm?

they were just resting in there for now.not installed yet just set into place and that motor looks awesome.what kv and cell count u plan to run them on??

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    Ok, lil pic of my own.... IMG_0190.jpg
    Ruh Ro!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by baller69 View Post
    they were just resting in there for now.not installed yet just set into place and that motor looks awesome.what kv and cell count u plan to run them on??
    TP4050 3y on 6s.

IMG_0191.jpg Heres one next to a Poseidon1515. Wattage is double and my water jacket issue is solved. Never liked the built in jacket on the Poseidons, it limits placement and can never quite get the outlet on top side. Been good motors other than that.

well i had a chance to do some work on the boat again today.i got the water jackets installed and i mocked up the motor placement.i am gonna fit the wire drives and cut them to length. now i need to get some waterline and i will be installing the motors and the water line.following that will be the esc install along with the receiver!!!

well i had a chance to do some work on the boat again today.i got the water jackets installed and i mocked up the motor placement.i am gonna fit the wire drives and cut them to length. now i need to get some waterline and i will be installing the motors and the water line.following that will be the esc install along with the receiver!!!
    Arent you going to have any problems with no rear support on the motors?Or they dont need?
    Looks cool thow!

I'm thinking it will need rear support.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Anyone tried 4082/1800s in the Z? I'm thinking of doing a bit of experiment. These motors are from my old Zonda setup. I know rear support is needed but wondering performance wise with T180 and x447s how it would do?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    I think something more like this http://mbp-rc.de/Alu/GFK-Drehmoment-Stuetze-40mm

That Hydro-dip is pretty sexy man.

I still haven't gotten around to repairing my split hull from when I flipped and hit a lake side curb last summer. Need to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyPrerunner View Post
    That Hydro-dip is pretty sexy man.

I still haven't gotten around to repairing my split hull from when I flipped and hit a lake side curb last summer. Need to get into it.
    spare hull for sale in the classifieds...
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks for the heads up Fweasel! I think I will attempt to fix mine first though for peace of mind haha.

Best,
    Brian

well got the rear supports from off shore today to support the rear of the motor.i guess its time to get going again lol!!

well after i few hours of trying to get my sausage fingers inside of he boat i finally got both motors installed.done for the day.now its time for the escs i guess :)-

It looks like you need Left and Right motor water coolers, so your output is at the top rear of the motor, and the inputs both point towards the inside of the hull.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

yeah they only come one way so have to make do.it will force the water through still.

yeah they only come one way
    That's funny because I have three pair of Left and Right coolers, two pair 36mm the other pair is 40mm.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

all i could find 40mm was the same so they will have to do.and i was lucky to even find those.lots of 36 around but 40s are hard enough to come by as it is never mind left and rights.everywhere i looked only had the one so they will do!

yeah they only come one way so have to make do.it will force the water through still.
    I just loctite a set screw into the old hole Then drill & tap a new hole in the right place. Easy Peasey.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 57 of 81 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast