Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Hey everyone, so I hit the water with my purpose built SAW Zelos 36 at the local NAMBA yearly SAW event yesterday. The wind was horrible all day. Kept changing direction and was just a constant annoyance. I wasn't there to set any records, but more to see how fast I could get the boat.

The day started out with the boat running very wet and I got 74 on the first pass. Made some adjustments and got it up to 88, but still wet. Loosens it up more and topped out at 93.75. I could run with the wind, but not against it. I also found out that I need more some props with more pitch, too; probably some 1818 or 1819 props. My electronics ran about 100* all day and seemed to run better when I took the timing up to 15*.

Setup is:
    Castle 240A ESCs
    Dynamite Fuze 2200kv 40x74 motors
    Reaction 11.1v 50c packs, 2 per side
    ABC 1817 props
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

"The day started out with the boat running very wet and I got 74 on the first pass. Made some adjustments and got it up to 88, but still wet. Loosens it up more and topped out at 93.75. I could run with the wind, but not against it. I also found out that I need more some props with more pitch, too; probably some 1818 or 1819 props. My electronics ran about 100* all day and seemed to run better when I took the timing up to 15*."

Was truly a pleasure to finally meet you, Darin, Tony, Mark & Kim and all the other guys. Soryy now that I had to leave early and miss your 93.75 run. Hope to see you again soon.
    Last edited by daHammer; 11-15-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtcurtis View Post
    What am I doing wrong? I want to run 4 batteries so I picked up a couple of the DYNC0028 series adaptors, I plug the batteries in and plug them into the speed control and no voltage. If I plug the batteries in individually they work fine. Not sure what's going on so if someone can clue me in I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Hope you took off the 2 bat harness that it came with before using the DYNC0028.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Hey everyone, so I hit the water with my purpose built SAW Zelos 36 at the local NAMBA yearly SAW event yesterday. The wind was horrible all day. Kept changing direction and was just a constant annoyance. I wasn't there to set any records, but more to see how fast I could get the boat.

The day started out with the boat running very wet and I got 74 on the first pass. Made some adjustments and got it up to 88, but still wet. Loosens it up more and topped out at 93.75. I could run with the wind, but not against it. I also found out that I need more some props with more pitch, too; probably some 1818 or 1819 props. My electronics ran about 100* all day and seemed to run better when I took the timing up to 15*.

Setup is:
    Castle 240A ESCs
    Dynamite Fuze 2200kv 40x74 motors
    Reaction 11.1v 50c packs, 2 per side
    ABC 1817 props
    Wow that's awesome! What were your strut level set at on your fastest run?

Paul, I had some longer struts made for this boat. My settings don't apply to the stock struts.

If your going to go for SAW runs with high fake props, always start with your struts as low as they will go and then work your way up .5-1mm at a time until the bow starts to lift enough to air out the hull.
    Rafael Lopez

My Wohlt's wire drives were delivered today. The flat spot on the prop shaft was perfect. Once installed, and bottomed out on the motor shaft inside the collet, there's a 5mm gap at the drive dog. I would imagine that's no longer necessary and could be closed up some by shortening the end of the wires. I haven't repositioned the motors in their mounts yet. The wires exit the stuffing tube perfectly centered. I think Team Lucas dropped the height of his motors, which makes sense, because the wires need to be lifted up to slip into the collet. I need to massage the position of one of my struts so it doesn't hang down below the sponson, grease the wires, and put locktite on all the grub screws. I'm going to try it meet up with Redline1 tomorrow and run at his pond.

2016-11-12 15.27.04.jpg 2016-11-12 15.27.18.jpg 2016-11-12 15.33.11.jpg 2016-11-12 15.26.43.jpg
    2016-11-12 15.43.57.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

FWEASEL: is that a drop in wire shaft? meaning..cut to length and drive dog slot cut? I sent Jeff measurements of a drop in. If it is I hope it works for you, That's the best I came up with for that drive. BTW keep motors at stock hight. I lowered mine because I moved them forward. Hope all goes well tomorrow
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Yes, these are slotted. The motors are as far back (from the stern) as the mounts allow. I have not adjusted their height. The wires bottom out on the motor shaft leaving exactly a 5mm gap at the drive dog. I don't know where that puts these with regards to the length of yours. You can see them side by side with my stock flex cables.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

What am I doing wrong? I want to run 4 batteries so I picked up a couple of the DYNC0028 series adaptors, I plug the batteries in and plug them into the speed control and no voltage. If I plug the batteries in individually they work fine. Not sure what's going on so if someone can clue me in I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Rick
    Check how those adapter harnesses are wired. I ordered two of them as well and both were assembled incorrectly

I cut 4mm off the end of each wire which allows them to be pushed all the way in against the plastic washer. I backed them off and left a 3mm gap. Everything is installed, lubed, and tightened down. Hope it's not too windy tomorrow.

2016-11-12 21.10.06.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    Hope you took off the 2 bat harness that it came with before using the DYNC0028.
    I did. With the batteries plugged into the harness they read zero volts, individually they read the correct voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by REDLINE1 View Post
    Check how those adapter harnesses are wired. I ordered two of them as well and both were assembled incorrectly
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Here's a picture not sure if they're right but I'll do some more research.
    Thanks

Those harnesses are fubar. The female EC5 connector should be wired to like shaped sides of the other connector: round to round, squared to square. The two battery side connectors should be connected to one another via round to square.

This is a proper series harness:
    DYNC0028-450.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks! I did figure that out hopefully the new ones I ordered will be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Those harnesses are fubar. The female EC5 connector should be wired to like shaped sides of the other connector: round to round, squared to square. The two battery side connectors should be connected to one another via round to square.

This is a proper series harness:
    DYNC0028-450.jpg

Thanks! I did figure that out hopefully the new ones I ordered will be correct.
    I just pushed the bullet connectors out of the plastic plugs and reassembled correctly

Redline1: wow I have a hard time pushing them in. :)
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    Redline1: wow I have a hard time pushing them in. :)
    Well actually tapped them out with a punch and hammer over an open vise

IMG_3590.jpg

Well this can only mean one thing............

Finally lol

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

So I had a little free time tonight. Finally installed the new motors. If I can I'll go run it this weekend and see if I can better my 76mph best.

Can't really even see them
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Travis, what size and KV are those motors? What props are you running?
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Travis, what size and KV are those motors? What props are you running?

1980kv for 6s. I'm going to run a 4400mah 6s pack per motor. ABC 1814-17-45 props. Should break 80 pretty easy. Maybe faster but I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. I've actually gone 102 with less rpm than this. Tp power 4050 motors.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I've actually gone 102 with less rpm than this.
    Brian Buaas just went over 140 on 4S turning only 41,000... More to speed than just RPM! :)
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Brian Buaas just went over 140 on 4S turning only 41,000... More to speed than just RPM! :)
    At this point with the props and power we have now I agree. But a zelos is a "little" more draggy in the water than a rigger (not saying a rigger is easy to go fast with.....because I know from experience it's not) Plus Brian knows more/has more experience than me....just a little bit (sarcasm lol).

The new ABC props are definitely opening more doors to us speed wise than just a couple years ago. Things are getting pretty interesting. Look how much more efficient they are. Who would have though 140+ would be possible on 4s? Not me. I thought my 102 on 4s was impressive. Lol

thats looks great cant wait to get mine out but the machine shop and mail orders have been taking forever.some parts i had made tooks weeks just for one part but any way good luck with those should run good.i cant wait to get mine out but at this rate still will be alittle longer until she is finished and then winter is here but spring will be when it will come out.as the saying goes"rome wasnt built in one day" lol.well guess i will go work alittle on my three sled pullers for awhile.anyway goodluck ttyl!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    So I had a little free time tonight. Finally installed the new motors. If I can I'll go run it this weekend and see if I can better my 76mph best.

Can't really even see them
    Oh My! Are those ESCs from the 48?
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Oh My! Are those ESCs from the 48?
    Heck no, those are stock lol. I'm trying to do things one at a time to see how fast I can go with minimal mods.

Lol, I guess with the all the black and velcro it kinda threw me off. By the way, your kit was delivered to my family. I should have it in my possession next weekend. Thanks!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by baller69 View Post
    thats looks great cant wait to get mine out but the machine shop and mail orders have been taking forever.some parts i had made tooks weeks just for one part but any way good luck with those should run good.i cant wait to get mine out but at this rate still will be alittle longer until she is finished and then winter is here but spring will be when it will come out.as the saying goes"rome wasnt built in one day" lol.well guess i will go work alittle on my three sled pullers for awhile.anyway goodluck ttyl!!!!!!!!!
    Well hope to see it next spring, have a good winter.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Hey guys, has anyone thought of a duel water pickup rudder, or did I miss it in another post? I'm just concerned of stock water pickups not always being in the water all the time.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

I don't remember that question being asked. I'm curious too.

Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast