Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Finally ticked the GPS at 70mph today on the x447 props. First run was only 65mph with the LVC at 3.4V. I noticed I would be down on power after a few long straight line runs, so I dropped it to 3.2V for the second set of packs. First set were run down to 3.7V and the second set was 3.57V. Temps were actually much better, and even between sides, on the faster run now that the LVC wasn't interfering. Gotta love November lake water temps, electronics were barely warm to the touch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Any updates form those running the Wholt wire drives? What couplers are needed? Getting any water through the tube?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

fweasel congrats on the 70 run. I been trying to get there. And btw the couplings comes with wire drives, you just need American size wrenches.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    fweasel congrats on the 70 run. I been trying to get there. And btw the couplings comes with wire drives, you just need American size wrenches.
    Thanks!

I believe the couplers are ordered separately. I just got an email back from Jeff, telling me the "flexhex 5mmx078 coupler" is what we use on the Zelos. He's in Missouri, so I should have my hardware before this weekend.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Thanks!

I believe the couplers are ordered separately. I just got an email back from Jeff, telling me the "flexhex 5mmx078 coupler" is what we use on the Zelos. He's in Missouri, so I should have my hardware before this weekend.
    Maybe he changed things up since he was having a hard time with getting the collets on time for orders. But my wire drives came with collets and there not metric.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

OK guys. I have to recant what I was posting about the prop rotation. After several runs, and set ups, and with help from a bro of mine taking great pictures of it running,. I will be changing it back to inward turning.
    Not that it didn't solve my bouncing nose affect (porpoising) because it did and I gain speed. What I found out with zooming in the pictures my bro took, was the transom was out of the water most of the time, riding on the props, hence no water cooling. Lesson learned I guess.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

OK guys. I have to recant what I was posting about the prop rotation. After several runs, and set ups, and with help from a bro of mine taking great pictures of it running,. I will be changing it back to inward turning.
    Not that it didn't solve my bouncing nose affect (porpoising) because it did and I gain speed. What I found out with zooming in the pictures my bro took, was the transom was out of the water most of the time, riding on the props, hence no water cooling. Lesson learned I guess.
    raise the struts up this will lower the stern !!

Anybody else running with an outward spin on the props? I tried it per advise from Team Lucas noticed the same thing little better speed entire hull higher out of the water , less bow hop once up to speed . my struts are 1mm down from stock going to try raising them some

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    raise the struts up this will lower the stern !!
    I ran it first at level struts, flipped in the mid 60,s. Lowered struts a hair to keep nose down, and outward lifts the transom to high. Tested with X447's de-tounged with 4x 3s Batteries inline, and again side by side fully forward. Then 2x 6s batteries that are 3/4 lb lighter fully forward. If I have to raise struts to keep transom in water, it will flip !!
    Last edited by Team Lucas; 11-09-2016 at 03:42 PM. Reason: forgot this !!!!!
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Dasboata: Not to undermind you in anyway
    Have you tried the zelos in the way I explained? I have, and I posted what I found. I don't appreciate the !! like I'm a dumb ass !!!
    Last edited by Team Lucas; 11-09-2016 at 04:12 PM. Reason: mistyped
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Have you tried the zelos in the way I explained? I have, and I posted what I found. I don't appreciate the !! like I'm a dumb ass !!!
    I doubt he was intending you're a dumbass...

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    If I need to post every page I have posted up to this finding, I will. If someone wants to pop on and suggest something that newbes don't know and leave !! (suggesting duuuuuuh) I have a problem with that. Just raise the drives lmao, before you cut the intelligence down of a old R/C boater, just don't blurt out a response and leave a !!
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Sometimes Chris likes to use a couple !!!! don't take it personally jeez

I ran it first at level struts, flipped in the mid 60,s. Lowered struts a hair to keep nose down, and outward lifts the transom to high. Tested with X447's de-tounged with 4x 3s Batteries inline, and again side by side fully forward. Then 2x 6s batteries that are 3/4 lb lighter fully forward. If I have to raise struts to keep transom in water, it will flip !!
    Hey , perhaps some ABC's with the 10 degree rake. It may give the bite while not pushing the nose up. Just a suggestion.
    Shawn

I likely have a pair of you wanna give them a shot.

Really your kidding me right , I'm just trying to help ,,,
    Last edited by dasboata; 11-09-2016 at 07:39 PM.

thank you I was just trying to help I don't come on here all day long,, I just check in once in a while and when I see something that I think would help I say it ,if anyone think I remember every post I don't I do have a life !
    Last edited by dasboata; 11-09-2016 at 06:46 PM.

If I need to post every page I have posted up to this finding, I will. If someone wants to pop on and suggest something that newbes don't know and leave !! (suggesting duuuuuuh) I have a problem with that. Just raise the drives lmao, before you cut the intelligence down of a old R/C boater, just don't blurt out a response and leave a !!
    what a richard I forgot more then you will ever know

Looks like we are back to that weird moon cycle again. Or maybe Venus is coming into Uranus?..... Hmmm

At these speeds there is a fine line between a ballanced and un-ballanced setup/ tune. You have the pieces and the knowledge is here to make it jive. Hell, I put my first Zelos36 hull on the shelf I was so frustrated with it. Baby steps, when you nail it you'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    At these speeds there is a fine line between a ballanced and un-ballanced setup/ tune. You have the pieces and the knowledge is here to make it jive. Hell, I put my first Zelos36 hull on the shelf I was so frustrated with it. Baby steps, when you nail it you'll know.
    That is exactly where mine is sitting, on the shelf. I know when I've been beat, well at least for now. I will get back at it again soon enough, gotta try a couple changes.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

I still really wish they would offer the bare hull in white Lol. I'd love to build one but the yellow is kind of an eye sore for me. And I have no patience to do a nice paint job, especially when it will get used and abused

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    what a richard I forgot more then you will ever know
    I may have taken your !! wrong, and I will man up to that, but I am not a retard and if you forgot more then I know about R/C boats, you must have serious memory issues
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

I still really wish they would offer the bare hull in white Lol. I'd love to build one but the yellow is kind of an eye sore for me. And I have no patience to do a nice paint job, especially when it will get used and abused
    Agreed. I asked about this before ordering hull #2. All I got was, nope... They said the same thing about a decal set (odd)... I should throw some MHZ decals or something on mine once I fix the paint lol.

Fweasel, your drives shipped priority. Might have them by Friday but if not I would think Saturday since you are one state over. I am updating my site soon to have the full wire drive kit. Couplers, drivedogs, drives (with drivedog slot machined) and bullet nuts. Full kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jwohlt View Post
    Fweasel, your drives shipped priority. Might have them by Friday but if not I would think Saturday since you are one state over. I am updating my site soon to have the full wire drive kit. Couplers, drivedogs, drives (with drivedog slot machined) and bullet nuts. Full kit.
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jwohlt View Post
    Thanks for getting them out Jeff. Today is Veteran's Day, no mail service. Hope they might actually arrive on Saturday. Will my drive's be slotted on the prop shaft or do I need to do that myself?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

What am I doing wrong? I want to run 4 batteries so I picked up a couple of the DYNC0028 series adaptors, I plug the batteries in and plug them into the speed control and no voltage. If I plug the batteries in individually they work fine. Not sure what's going on so if someone can clue me in I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Rick

One harness on each side and 2 packs per side? That's the way I remember it. The ESCs should recognize it. You didn't change the chemistry by chance right?
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    One harness on each side and 2 packs per side? That's the way I remember it. The ESCs should recognize it. You didn't change the chemistry by chance right?
    Right.

Rtcurtis - I assume you're no longer using the 2 battery harness, right? That should not be used when running 4 batteries.
    PRB18015-250.jpg

And is the ESC set to 6S or auto? Shouldn't matter, but out of habit, I always set mine to the voltage I'm using and not auto.
    Last edited by fweasel; 11-12-2016 at 12:08 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I leave it to auto calculate unless I'm running Turnigy ESCs

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast