Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

I don't believe the OP is having an issue with shipping from OSE, they were out of stock at the time, so he looked elsewhere. Pretty sure he ordered from Wohlt.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Got my first 447 detounged. Probably not as good as some of the pros on here but it's balanced and it will cut
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by REDLINE1; 10-17-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Every time I see a set of prepped x447s I gotta ask how da hell do you all get such a nice smooth curve. I'm cheating next time, Dasboata I'm coming!!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

I rough shaped it w a dremel that has a stone bit in it. Then finished w a file then emery paper file

IMG_3526.jpg

Got 60 this morning. X442 s&b struts at 3mm 2-3s batteries all the way forward. Probably could have got more but I can't seem to get the hull planted good bow wants to bounce. Thought lowering the struts to 3mm w the batteries all the way forward would help but no such luck

Quote Originally Posted by REDLINE1 View Post
    IMG_3526.jpg

Got 60 this morning. X442 s&b struts at 3mm 2-3s batteries all the way forward. Probably could have got more but I can't seem to get the hull planted good bow wants to bounce. Thought lowering the struts to 3mm w the batteries all the way forward would help but no such luck
    Try reversing prop rotation to outward spin, helped my bounce problem a lot. ( if you do that don't forget to swap flex shafts). You want to keep struts as level as possible, I also have a small air damn that helped a little. What batteries are you using? btw, don't forget to change batteries in GPS ( your running low)
    Last edited by Team Lucas; 10-15-2016 at 01:09 PM. Reason: just saw something
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Every time I see a set of prepped x447s I gotta ask how da hell do you all get such a nice smooth curve. I'm cheating next time, Dasboata I'm coming!!
    IMG_1573.JPG
    It is not that hard to do it, its hard to get all 4 blades the exact same lol. I cut one 1st then used modeling clay to imprint the cut blade, baked it hard and used it as a templet for the other 3. I saw a vid on it and it worked out great.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtEIhWQtxVo Might want to start it 1 min into it.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

No haven't tried that. Will do thanks. Running 2 reaction 3s, 50c 5000mah. Gps is recharging as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    IMG_1573.JPG
    It is not that hard to do it, its hard to get all 4 blades the exact same lol. I cut one 1st then used modeling clay to imprint the cut blade, baked it hard and used it as a templet for the other 3. I saw a vid on it and it worked out great.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtEIhWQtxVo Might want to start it 1 min into it.
    I didn't have any clay so I used masking tape to make a template of the first blade then transferred it to the other three

2x 6s forward.jpg

Two 6s forward. Only 4300 mah and 40c, but 3/4 pound liter and easier to adjust CG. Weight ver's power is my thinking. Find out tomorrow at the pond :)
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

don't know why all my pics are upside down, sorry for that
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

2x 6s forward.jpg

Two 6s forward. Only 4300 mah and 40c, but 3/4 pound liter and easier to adjust CG. Weight ver's power is my thinking. Find out tomorrow at the pond :)
    Keep us posted

Ok just got back after trying out 4300 mah 40c constant 80c burst 2x 6s batteries all the way forward. Today was hard to compare last weeks runs with 4x 3s 5000mah, very windy today, but the boat settled down better and still had speed. Flipped it twice hitting a wicked cross wind, going into turn 1. 1st flip was 66.6 mph, 2nd was at 64.6. no damage, no battery shift
    thumbnail_IMG_1712[1].jpg
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Finally heard from Jeff. My drive cables haven't even shipped yet and won't til at least tuesday. That sucks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazykev View Post
    Finally heard from Jeff. My drive cables haven't even shipped yet and won't til at least tuesday. That sucks!!!
    It does suck:) not to be on Jeff's side, but I been emailing him back/forth since I ordered mine and learned that he has a hard time lately getting the collets. No since sending out shafts if there's no way to use them. I just got mine today, and for a guy to do this on the side and it not be his main income, Wow...he packs them in a tube no carrier can bend/ruin unless they blow it up lol. Very nice shafts, haven't fit them yet but I haven't seen any others post review on them, so I will start fitting them in tonight and try out this sunday
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Anybody running detonged S&B X442's? What speeds are you seeing? Ran 60mph last weekend w tonged S&B X442's.

Anybody running detonged S&B X442's? What speeds are you seeing? Ran 60mph last weekend w tonged S&B X442's.
    your making the face of the prop smaller, might get a higher RPM, but I think you will loose speed.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

your making the face of the prop smaller, might get a higher RPM, but I think you will loose speed.
    On the contrary. At speed you are mostly using the blade tips, the tounges at speed will drag slightly reducing top end speed. The tounges are good for holeshot/bite. Not only that but you are creating a lighter flywheel by de-tounging. I want to say stock on de-tounged, sharpened, balanced and polished 442s mine ran low-mid 60s.

Detongueing a prop will give you higher speed, with higher RPM.

The tongue on a prop gives you more pull out of a corner when racing.
    Without it, it may take a little longer to achieve speed, but it will be more, because the motor sees less load, therefore higher RPM.

Larry
    Last edited by TRUCKPULL; 10-18-2016 at 01:03 PM.
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Thanks guys! I guess I'll keep my 442 tongued. I have a set of 447's detongued if I want to play around . I was just leery of the larger props with the potential for added heat and messing something up. I know there are a lot of guys running the 447's seems like you can get close to the same performance with the X442's

Also by detongueing a prop you actually raise the pitch a little bit.

A X442 has a 1.4 pitch ratio.

Pitch ratio is a average pitch measured from the leading edge to the back edge of the prop.
    Seeing that the tip on a prop is a lot less pitch then the 1.4 ratio, after removing it, the average pitch ratio goes up.
    I have measured some of my detonged props, the come out at about 1.43 ratio.

X442 = 58.8mm pitch
    X442 Detongued = 60mm pitch

Larry
    Last edited by TRUCKPULL; 10-18-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Also by detongueing a prop you actually raise the pitch a little bit.

A X442 has a 1.4 pitch ratio.

Pitch ratio is a average pitch measured from the leading edge to the back edge of the prop.
    Seeing that the tip on a prop is a lot less pitch then the 1.4 ratio, after removing it, the average pitch ratio goes up.
    I have measured some of my detonged props, the come out at about 1.43 ratio.

X442 = 58.8mm pitch
    X442 Detongued = 60mm pitch

Larry
    I can't agree with this Larry you unless you are physically bending the blades on a prop,,, pitch does not change by removing the tongs,, your gauge might indicate that, but that pitch change you are seeing is from a slight change in how your gauge was set up,, or measuring the other blade.. getting exact pitch is difficult and time consuming now if you change the diameter of a prop the pitch ratio will go up but not the pitch

Thanks guys! I guess I'll keep my 442 tongued. I have a set of 447's detongued if I want to play around . I was just leery of the larger props with the potential for added heat and messing something up. I know there are a lot of guys running the 447's seems like you can get close to the same performance with the X442's
    I been using my 447's DT with no heat problems
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Yep pitch is pitch, Unless you physically alter the angle of the blades a prop still has the same pitch.

No, not with OSE! I ordered cables last monday from Jeff and still haven't received them, but ordered parts from OSE on Thursday night and received them yesterday! OSE hustles parts to me and have zero complaints. Ordered 45mm props, thrust bearings and a grease gun from OSE.

Installed the thrust bearings:

The couplers set screws were impossible to loosen without heating them up. I like seeing that because I know they aren't coming loose for sure! If I can heat something with a torch without ruining anything, I usually do if there is red locktite on the screw anyhow. Works every time!

No shafts to install the props though I'm not trying to beat up on Jeff and totally understand why I haven't got them yet. I just wish the website said that this is a part time business and shipping may take a couple days because I would have ordered from someone else. I would have no issues at all if I hadn't broke a cable. I just hope they are worth the wait quality wise?

Working on fitting my wire drives. They come long so I'm moving motor forward as far as they go, its not much (maybe 1/8th" or so) I don't see a problem with doing that?? I am also adjusting the height a little.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Crazykev View Post
    No, not with OSE! I ordered cables last monday from Jeff and still haven't received them, but ordered parts from OSE on Thursday night and received them yesterday! OSE hustles parts to me and have zero complaints. Ordered 45mm props, thrust bearings and a grease gun from OSE.

Installed the thrust bearings:

The couplers set screws were impossible to loosen without heating them up. I like seeing that because I know they aren't coming loose for sure! If I can heat something with a torch without ruining anything, I usually do if there is red locktite on the screw anyhow. Works every time!

No shafts to install the props though I'm not trying to beat up on Jeff and totally understand why I haven't got them yet. I just wish the website said that this is a part time business and shipping may take a couple days because I would have ordered from someone else. I would have no issues at all if I hadn't broke a cable. I just hope they are worth the wait quality wise?
    Why thrust bearings at motor? I wasn't aware that theres drag there, we use to put them at the drive dog.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Working on fitting my wire drives. They come long so I'm moving motor forward as far as they go, its not much (maybe 1/8th" or so) I don't see a problem with doing that?? I am also adjusting the height a little.
    Keep us posted on this waiting to hear how it works out Thanks

Keep us posted on this waiting to hear how it works out Thanks
    Will do Should have some pics posted tonight, if I get a chance to finish one up. Hoping to use them this sunday.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Ok guys, ones that want to run the wire drives from Wohlt's ill call them " Jeffs drives" lol. I finished fitting one in and very nice, but what a pain in the ass taking out the motor 6 times to adjust best position. I think if you follow what I did, it will save you some time. I hand twisted shaft while adjust motor, to feel the lease drag, so here it is for the adjustment for "Jeff drives"

low mount2.jpgmotor hieght2.jpgmotor pulled back2.jpgnew height2.jpg
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast