Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

I have noticed that, on hard flips (well, any flip, really) one or both of the struts can shift. They only have a single bolt in tension holding them in place.

Might be a decent upgrade to get a tad larger bolt/nut and use some wider washers to get a little more grip.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Yeah, Travis and I posted this in one of the various other threads dedicated to this boat, maybe even a few pages back in this thread. All our 6 pole marine motors are delta wind. The manufacturer recommends runing them at 7* or less, for best performance.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Thanks Darin. I wasn't aware that could happen but I'll be watching for it now. I did forget the best news of the day: No damage after the flips!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Yeah, Travis and I posted this in one of the various other threads dedicated to this boat, maybe even a few pages back in this thread. All our 6 pole marine motors are delta wind. The manufacturer recommends running them at 7* or less, for best performance.
    Thanks Rafael! Good info. Kind of matches my results today.

I got better speeds at 7 degrees of n timing appose to 15 degrees

Quick question. How would prospect affect receiver transmission? I'm thinking of enclosing my receiver in a little prospect box about the size of a match box but enough to fit the receiver in, all in the name of avoiding water. Would performance be affected if the antenna is still in the stock position.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Quick question. How would prospect affect receiver transmission? I'm thinking of enclosing my receiver in a little prospect box about the size of a match box but enough to fit the receiver in, all in the name of avoiding water. Would performance be affected if the antenna is still in the stock position.
    Havithe receiver in a box will not effect the range at all.

Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

What are you guys using for replacement of your rudder "lock", the little plastic thingy that keeps the rudder in place or breaks away after a hit? I just realized yesterday that mine broke off after my crash last week.

What are you guys using for replacement of your rudder "lock", the little plastic thingy that keeps the rudder in place or breaks away after a hit? I just realized yesterday that mine broke off after my crash last week.
    I usually go to the hardware store and buy brass 4-40 screws and use them. If you want something fancier, you can order Socket Head versions from McMaster-Carr as well.

Brass works well. Tightens with some torque, but shears when hit.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I usually go to the hardware store and buy brass 4-40 screws and use them. If you want something fancier, you can order Socket Head versions from McMaster-Carr as well.

Brass works well. Tightens with some torque, but shears when hit.
    Thanks Darin!

PRB285000 is the pack of 5 nylon breakaway bolts and nuts for this item. Retails for $6.99.
    http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...odID=PRB285000
    Rafael Lopez

Congrats arrover for breaking inch 70. I figured you'd be first lol. I was out in heart surgery for the past week and a half and got released from the hospital last night. I've tried to follow along on the threads but with all the meds I was on, there was no way. Just had no interest whatsoever. Headed back home tomorrow and I can't can't to get there and get back to my normal life.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Welcome back kfx, hope you have a speedy recovery, forget boats for awhile, we will be here when you get back.

Heart surgery!?! Geesh man. Sorry to hear that. I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Welcome back Travis.

Have you been using the Teddy Bear like I told you??

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Welcome back Travis.

Have you been using the Teddy Bear like I told you??

Larry
    Yes, omg it hurts so badly
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I for got to tell you that you could have taken a blow-up-doll instead of the Teddy-Bear with you to the hospital.

That would have confused everyone - "AW - it is just one of those guys from down south"

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    I for got to tell you that you could have taken a blow-up-doll instead of the Teddy-Bear with you to the hospital.

That would have confused everyone - "AW - it is just one of those guys from down south"

Larry

Lol don't make me laugh. It hurts badly. I'm just glad to have a second chance on life and hang out with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Lol don't make me laugh. It hurts badly. I'm just glad to have a second chance on life and hang out with you guys!
    Glad to see you posting. Since you're up, I'll send you a video.
    Rafael Lopez

Does my strut level need to be raised or lowered if my boat wants to go airborne under full throttle? It's currently at a neutral level but it will not stay down over 60mph. Thanks

Angle up to raise the bow, Angle down to lower it. It's in the manual.
    Rafael Lopez

Rafael if you keep throwing this manual mombo jumbo in our face, I might actually have to read this thing in depth.

You know how hard I worked on that manual? To know people don't read it hurts my feelings.

J/K :P
    Rafael Lopez

You know how hard I worked on that manual? To know people don't read it hurts my feelings.

J/K :P
    Bring it in!

What is the little black buttons next to the esc on/off buttons for?

The little black button is to change chemistry. Hold for 3 seconds and green LED on ESC will flash and turn red after 5 seconds. Red led on ESC is for NiMh and will ruin your LiPos......don't touch the little black button....lol.
    Rafael Lopez

The little black button is to change chemistry. Hold for 3 seconds and green LED on ESC will flash and turn red after 5 seconds. Red led on ESC is for NiMh and will ruin your LiPos......don't touch the little black button....lol.
    Seriously? No joke? I didn't see that in the manual. Who the hell runs NiMh?

Dang! I need a don't touch this button sticker as I'm sure I've touched that before but not for 3 secs.

Dang! I need a don't touch this button sticker as I'm sure I've touched that before but not for 3 secs.
    Or just read the manual Lol

Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast