Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I wanted to let you guys know there a different option if you want to run 6s and not have to fool with 4 batteries and not quite as much weight.....

Do you think the added weight will compensate a bit for not being able to go all the way under the bow?
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Personnally i prefer 2 x 6s in parallele !!

Quote Originally Posted by Banzee View Post
    Personnally i prefer 2 x 6s in parallele !!
    Kfxguy bullied me into getting the very same 6s packs! lol
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

97.6WH Beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Kfxguy bullied me into getting the very same 6s packs! lol
    That is a good thing , cuz i got 6 x 6s 2650mah that are 7 years old and i can drive my zelos with , they don't have the punch of new ones , but they are good enough to have fun !! I put 3 in my boat in parallele and zoom !

Quote Originally Posted by erroneous View Post
    97.6wh beasts.
    ????????????????? Mph ??

Last view of her before the new blue/green chameleon paint job starts. image.jpg

Wow, ok then, now uploading from my crapple ibone doesn't only flip 90* but goes full inverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzee View Post
    ????????????????? Mph ??
    (W)att. (H)ours

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    Wow, ok then, now uploading from my crapple ibone doesn't only flip 90* but goes full inverted.
    It happens! Can't wait to see it! I'm kinda digging the no decals look. If I repainted mine I want the word Zelos in the Fightercat font!

Do you think the added weight will compensate a bit for not being able to go all the way under the bow?
    Yes. I didn't run mine under the deck anyway.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    Water should shoot a good 16-18 inches out.
    I'd be shocked if you have a 18" water stream Lol

Yes. I didn't run mine under the deck anyway.
    Travis are you planning on a motor swap I noticed you have yours out in that picture.

How would this work with regards to what Rafael mentioned with the purpose of the cooling. He stated somewhere in this thread that you wont see water spraying 6-8" out the outlets because it is designed to keep the water just enough to cool the motors and ESC efficiently. DO NOT QUOTE me on that. lol
    Do not use Y splitters. Water, like electricity will choose the path of least resistance. Putting Y's in place will only cause more heat issues.

How hot are you guys running that you need so much water running through your electronics? If you have heat issues, it's for a reason. Running more water through the system is just a band aid, the issue causing the heat is still there.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Do not use Y splitters. Water, like electricity will choose the path of least resistance. Putting Y's in place will only cause more heat issues.

How hot are you guys running that you need so much water running through your electronics? If you have heat issues, it's for a reason. Running more water through the system is just a band aid, the issue causing the heat is still there.
    My motors in particular got real hot to the point when I opened the hatch there was some smoke. Not its not on fire smoke but smoke nonetheless. First thing I thought was I had clogged lines. Not the case! I thought maybe the motor and shaft alignment. I double checked that a few minutes ago and it's all good as of now. I have free turns from both shaft when powered and no vibrations like I did before I changed my bearings. Will give it another go this afternoon and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
    Travis are you planning on a motor swap I noticed you have yours out in that picture.
    That sneaky bugger, hadn't notice that. Well I can't say I'm surprised since he sold his Zelos motors a few weeks ago.

How do you know the smoke is coming from the motors? Motors don't smoke, continuously. There is only enough smoke in there for one time release, lol. Either they're working or they've smoked and stopped working.

How hot are they getting? I see your sig says you are running x447 props. If so, that's your problem right there. You want to swing larger props and go faster, upgrade to more powerful motors.
    Rafael Lopez

My motors in particular got real hot to the point when I opened the hatch there was some smoke. Not its not on fire smoke but smoke nonetheless. First thing I thought was I had clogged lines. Not the case! I thought maybe the motor and shaft alignment. I double checked that a few minutes ago and it's all good as of now. I have free turns from both shaft when powered and no vibrations like I did before I changed my bearings. Will give it another go this afternoon and report back.
    White smoke was probley your batteries, motors and Esc's will have a electrical burnt smell, still white at times, but smell.

Ya if you saw actual smoke from anything it would probably just be dead lol

Lol, ghost smoke? Will go back to stock props and see how that pans out. I ran those x447s for a while and never had smoke. But like you all said it would be dead which it wasn't.

How do you know the smoke is coming from the motors? Motors don't smoke, continuously. There is only enough smoke in there for one time release, lol. Either they're working or they've smoked and stopped working.

How hot are they getting? I see your sig says you are running x447 props. If so, that's your problem right there. You want to swing larger props and go faster, upgrade to more powerful motors.
    Refael, I'm still running stock electronics and the boat is great, it can move with proper voltage and prop set-up. Your x447 comment was good, but if you detongue the 447's nothing gets hotter then 30 to 35 degrees difference to lake temp. Personal note :
    Out at the pond, People are always impressed with a boat that fast is a RTR. I'm still only running 2 3s batteries total, haven't even tried 4 batteries, stock everything but the props.. I hit 65.2 last weekend, I think with the right props and 4 batteries, it will stay a constent 70;s, with stock . Cant beat that for a RTR.

Lol, ghost smoke? Will go back to stock props and see how that pans out. I ran those x447s for a while and never had smoke. But like you all said it would be dead which it wasn't.
    Yeah, and I ran my 1995 Honda civic on 12 pounds of boost, on the stock block, until that one time a rod let go.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    Refael, I'm still running stock electronics and the boat is great, it can move with proper voltage and prop set-up. Your x447 comment was good, but if you detongue the 447's nothing gets hotter then 30 to 35 degrees difference to lake temp. Personal note :
    Out at the pond, People are always impressed with a boat that fast is a RTR. I'm still only running 2 3s batteries total, haven't even tried 4 batteries, stock everything but the props.. I hit 65.2 last weekend, I think with the right props and 4 batteries, it will stay a constent 70;s, with stock . Cant beat that for a RTR.
    I'm not arguing that detongued props carry less load but you are making my point easier to make. You are seeing 65 with 447s, which are 5mm larger than stock. I am seeing 63.xx with stock sharpened and balanced props. To me, that small of MPH difference is not worth the aggravation of seeing more heat in my electronics, even 30-35*. Now, if you told me you were seeing closer to 68-70, I'd say it was worth it. Of course, that's just my opinion.

In his case, it's obviously not working and his system is telling him to make changes.
    Rafael Lopez

Yes. Lol. I ordered some custom wind ones a couple weeks ago. Wish they would hurry up. Lol
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Yes. Lol. I ordered some custom wind ones a couple weeks ago. Wish they would hurry up. Lol
    Are you getting ancy? Lol What did you end up going with?

Not sure why people are having issues with hitting 70 with it stock. If you polish the shafts, sharpen and balance your stock props, make sure timing is set at 7 degrees sharpen the rudder and get the boat to run a little loose, it will hit 70. Quit being lazy and get to tweaking it instead of throwing props at it.

Are you getting ancy? Lol What did you end up going with?
    Yes I am but I'm lucky I have other stuff to play with. I went with 2050kv 4040 TP powers.

Yes I am but I'm lucky I have other stuff to play with. I went with 2050kv 4040 TP powers.
    Should move good with those

Geesh!! All this over some smoke? All I said was I opened the hatch and smoke came out. I'm making my own conclusions because I'm no expert and don't know as much as you guys do. Thanks for everyone's help.

Venturi effect dictates the flow as neutral. One outlet has a pulling effect. Think sand blaster or paint gun.... Agreed about too much heat there must be another issue.

Page 31 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast