Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Pedal to the metal as truckers say ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Banzee View Post
    Did you have bigger props and did you keep the rotation inside like stock ?? Look like the Zelos mod get hard time to drift corner like the stock does !!! Rafael tell that his mod Zelos with 3 blades didn't drift like stock too !
    had 447s detounged and fully stock, running 6s

water temp 85 and esc's and motors 35 higher

don't matter how fast you go, matters if you can finish !

have to tell... 3 blades and high tourqe moved the very unsecured drives down, with just 1 nut/screw the drives slip. saw it today with Mr. want top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    have to tell... 3 blades and high tourqe moved the very unsecured drives down, with just 1 nut/screw the drives slip. saw it today with Mr. want top speed.
    So you have to build your boat to survive not to got extreme fast ! Sorry never race , just bashing ! That's why i'm asking !

I tryied the kintec racing thick wall silicone tubing in my Zelos , not a good idea , the water not came out enough to cool the system , and with zip ties , you got link at a lot of place the do not help ! Return to the stock cooling tubing !!

I ran my zelos last weekend with X447 props not detounged and 1mm downtrim on the struts. She ran beautiful! the water was very calm. definitely faster than stock props. temps of the electronics around 105 degrees. I think the amp draw is much higher than with stock props because my battery became unsoldered. (I had to swim ) So I will detounge my props to lower the amp draw. I just need to find someone who does that because I don't have the tools to do that.

Hey man, I thought the same thing but these guys can be persuasive at times. I detounged mine using different grade files. It took a heck of a while (maybe a few hours) to get the tongue out but you wanna take your time with them anyways. After that it's just a matter of sharp, balance, sharp, wet sand, balance, sharp, balance. Lol
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

I found these to be awesome for polishing. I went 600 grit, 1000 grit and then these.... https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0058...=polishing+pad

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Hey man, I thought the same thing but these guys can be persuasive at times. I detounged mine using different grade files. It took a heck of a while (maybe a few hours) to get the tongue out but you wanna take your time with them anyways. After that it's just a matter of sharp, balance, sharp, wet sand, balance, sharp, balance. Lol
    You got pics of your detounge x447 ???

image.jpg

The one on the left is not detounged, right is.
    Last edited by Keagan-Z06; 07-18-2016 at 08:25 PM.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

I just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 201 to help track max speed.
    I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it set up to track my max speed. Can anyone help guide me thru the set ups?

Quote Originally Posted by daHammer View Post
    I just purchased a Garmin Forerunner 201 to help track max speed.
    I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it set up to track my max speed. Can anyone help guide me thru the set ups?
    You have to have it on bicycle mode

Yeah and you can customize to add different metrics to a page. I usually use max speed, altitude and distance.

image.jpg

The one on the left is not detounged, right is.
    Thank's ! That give me an idea !! The right rotation is detounge and the left one not ??? Or it is just the view of the pic ??
    Last edited by Banzee; 07-18-2016 at 10:03 PM.

I took it that way to show the difference. Left is not detounged, the right one is detounged. I will try and get a pic of it on the boat.

How do you get into bike mode?

off the top of my head I would be telling you rubbish. Don't have the 201 on me at the moment. If no one chimes in by the time I get to it, I will let you know.

I took it that way to show the difference. Left is not detounged, the right one is detounged. I will try and get a pic of it on the boat.
    Thank's for the pic ! I saw the diff , good thing , i will try on one of my prop to see !!

Youtube does wonders man, thats how i figured mine out..

[QUOTE=daHammer;666997]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyPrerunner View Post
    Rafael's setup was noticeably faster and more powerful than my stock setup. I'll let him chime in with the details. Had a great day running at the local lake but was pretty choppy for the cats.

What lake did you guys go to?
    We ran at Hansen Dam, a cool little lake in the San Fernando Valley CA.

What have people achevied speed wise running stock and 6s?, and does 8 s or 12 s make it hold down better?

Got some goodies today:
    Octura Lead Teflons (Zelos)
    OSE HD Flexes (Zelos)
    Replacement ESC (Finally!) (Zelos)
    Cap Bank (Spare)
    abc 1914 (Voracity)
    abc 1915 (Voracity)
    OSE HD Flex (Miss Geico)
    EC5 plugs

Got some goodies today:
    Octura Lead Teflons (Zelos)
    OSE HD Flexes (Zelos)
    Replacement ESC (Finally!) (Zelos)
    Cap Bank (Spare)
    abc 1914 (Voracity)
    abc 1915 (Voracity)
    OSE HD Flex (Miss Geico)
    EC5 plugs

What have people achevied speed wise running stock and 6s?, and does 8 s or 12 s make it hold down better?
    Hold down better? If you run anything more than 6s to each stock ESC you will blow your electronics man.

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyPrerunner View Post
    Hold down better? If you run anything more than 6s to each stock ESC you will blow your electronics man.

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk
    I know that! talking hold down to the water better, I run 6s total that is 3s to each esc. does it make a difference in ride with 4 bats in the hull?... yes I already know it will go faster with 6s per esc, but if it cant stay on the water with 3s each, why go for 6s each?

If you want to hold the front down at speed fit an air dam across the tunnel 2" in from the front of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    If you want to hold the front down at speed fit an air dam across the tunnel 2" in from the front of the tunnel.
    I tried one a month back, may have been too large, what size, I'm thinking a dowl cut in half and bent

I tried one a month back, may have been too large, what size, I'm thinking a dowl cut in half and bent
    and is that 2" from the center or in side tunnels?

Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast