Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    Attachment 143428 Unpolished Dasboata abc 1615s. 68 mph stock electronics.
    Nice!
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

I know some of us are pacing the floor waiting for OSE to get in some more inventory of Octura & ABC props, but does anybody have a clue as to when?

I talked to Steve last week and he said two weeks possibly from last week.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Bench test your props after you balance them. Full throttle for 2 seconds; wont hurt a thing. Be extra cautious of the spinning props. If the drive/strut vibrates, the prop's not balanced.
    Thanks for the tip Rafael. Will give it a go. Does polishing help? I didn't polish per se, just cleaned it up with automotive polish.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Attachment 143428 Unpolished Dasboata abc 1615s. 68 mph stock electronics.
    Very nice, I've notice yours and kfx are squared off at the top more than mine. Will need some work there!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Rafael or Darin, i cant get an answer from horizon on if the struts sold on the site are sold in pairs or singles. Happen to know? Im getting a slight vibration in my right strut and would like to get ahead of it.. On that note anyone with machines planning on making upgraded struts? Possibly bulky enough for bearings?

Rafael or Darin, i cant get an answer from horizon on if the struts sold on the site are sold in pairs or singles. Happen to know? Im getting a slight vibration in my right strut and would like to get ahead of it.. On that note anyone with machines planning on making upgraded struts? Possibly bulky enough for bearings?

Check the flex to stub brazed joint to make sure it's true. I just replaced my cables with some new .187 x 3/16" x 3.125" propshaft cables from here on OSE. Dead true, no vibration at all. Plus, they'll allow me to use the longer hubbed props.

20160519_182849.jpg
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Check the flex to stub brazed joint to make sure it's true. I just replaced my cables with some new .187 x 3/16" x 3.125" propshaft cables from here on OSE. Dead true, no vibration at all. Plus, they'll allow me to use the longer hubbed props.

20160519_182849.jpg
    Im running the same shafts. Bought em the first day I saw them available. They where still listed as "zonda upgrade". Thanks.

Heres all Ive done. (Stock)-Sharpened rudder, cleaned water pickups, upgraded cables, x442s x447s abc1615s abc1715s, y-split upsized water lines in and out, new hull/ hatch.. couldnt get the porpoise out of first one..(Madness begins)-swordfish 240s w/ cap banks no loggers, VHV bec, poseidon 1515 2200kv motors, hitec hs-5646wp servo, DX4S radio.... Tis a sickness for sure...

I'd love to order some abc props does Chris have these in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They come packaged in quantity of 1. If you are getting vibration, balance your prop. A well balance prop will show 0 vibration.
    Rafael Lopez

I sure hope they are ballanced. They are Dasboata abc1715s. Will check with the etti ballancer.

Ok, check the props and and them check to make sure that the main hex nut on the drive, which holds the pillow ball on place, is tight. Just be careful, if you over tighten it you will crush the socket washers that the pillow ball sits in. It just has to be hand tight.

Worst case, throw the prop on the other drive, swap 2 motor wires and see if it still vibrates. If just the one prop vibrates on either side, you have your answer.
    Rafael Lopez

One other thing that can happen is that the forward portion of the prop hub can be out of true. Not sure how others prep props, but I always square this up. Otherwise, when you torque them down, they can be uneven.

Just something to watch for.

I've been pecking away at my boat. I've been reinforcing it and getting it ready for the next level of mods. With a motor swap I know I can get around 90 mph with this thing. I put epoxy/chopped carbon down the seam and in the tips and from tunnel. This weekend I'm going to try and at least lay a base coat on it. Possibly clear it on Sunday. I can't wait!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Not sure if Rafael posted this?

Would a set of CNC 50mm props work on this boat?

Quote Originally Posted by daHammer View Post
    Would a set of CNC 50mm props work on this boat?

Yes for a couple seconds at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Yes for a couple seconds at least.
    Agree. A guy from my boat club bought a set from OSE and both tips broke off.

Keagan, thanks for posting that vid. I did forget to post it here. Still haven't had more time with that setup but man that thing accelerates fast!
    Rafael Lopez

Keagan-Z06 I noticed you were running 3 blade props in the vid. Any problems and what size?

I've been pecking away at my boat. I've been reinforcing it and getting it ready for the next level of mods. With a motor swap I know I can get around 90 mph with this thing. I put epoxy/chopped carbon down the seam and in the tips and from tunnel. This weekend I'm going to try and at least lay a base coat on it. Possibly clear it on Sunday. I can't wait!
    It never ends. Do you have a picture of your sharpened rudder and flex by chance?

Keagan-Z06 I noticed you were running 3 blade props in the vid. Any problems and what size?
    Sorry thats Rafael's video. I think he mentioned 1815/3, but he wasnt sure. Hope he chimes in!

Was he still running the stock motors with those props?

Was he still running the stock motors with those props?
    Dynamite 1750kv, 40x68mm motors, ABC 3 blade Cleaver props

What is the fastest GPS speed people here have obtained using the STOCK props?

I believe that Rafael was able to break 70 using a completely stock setup, with the exception of me prepping the stock props for him. In fact, I think he used either these or something very close to them to establish the current Q-Cat 2-Lap record. I know there was a SIGNIFICANT speed increase with nothing more than properly prepping those props.

20160228_162914.jpg

Darin, I've never seen past 65 with it, stock, with those props. I stopped GPSing after the 2 lap event, honestly.

Keagen, I forget what props those are. Someone asked on YouTube, I replied in the video's comments. I'm not running the stock motors either. I'm running Impulse 31 motors which make nearly 5 times more power, each, compared to the stock motors. No issues running with the stock ESCs; the Impulse uses the same ESC.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post

Keagen, I forget what props those are. Someone asked on YouTube, I replied in the video's comments. I'm not running the stock motors either. I'm running Impulse 31 motors which make nearly 5 times more power, each, compared to the stock motors. No issues running with the stock ESCs; the Impulse uses the same ESC.
    I was trying to answer daHammer as he was the one asking. Didn't know the Impulse had a beastly motor! Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    What is the fastest GPS speed people here have obtained using the STOCK props?

I believe that Rafael was able to break 70 using a completely stock setup, with the exception of me prepping the stock props for him. In fact, I think he used either these or something very close to them to establish the current Q-Cat 2-Lap record. I know there was a SIGNIFICANT speed increase with nothing more than properly prepping those props.

20160228_162914.jpg
    I broke 70 with mine on stock props. I actually had the timing at 0 but it picked up mph when I put it to 7 but never tried it on stock props once I had it dialed in.

Here's a video with stock props.
    I think I posted it here earlier in the thread. I want to say I did 70.2 a few times completely stock besides I did a quick sharpen on the props

https://youtu.be/LVFTGTEEsEM

Thumbs up

I broke 70 with mine on stock props. I actually had the timing at 0 but it picked up mph when I put it to 7 but never tried it on stock props once I had it dialed in.
    Here's a video with stock props.
    I think I posted it here earlier in the thread. I want to say I did 70.2 a few times completely stock besides I did a quick sharpen on the props

https://youtu.be/LVFTGTEEsEM
    That's awesome Travis!
    great job man
    you know how to set stuff up
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast