Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Genius 😀 I was trying to come up with something like that, now you know they are correct every time.

Quote Originally Posted by lt130th View Post
    I removed the metal mounts from the plastic platforms, and will leave the platform because the stuffing tube is mounted to it. It looks like Pro Boat finally used real epoxy on a boat, and I don't want to go through the work of grinding all that out, just to get those plastic bases out. Normally I would, and I would do a carbon fiber inlay, but this hull seems like a pretty stout layup already, so I'm only changing up the motor mounts, and using the stock battery and electronics tray.
    The only areas of the hull I would reinforce with an inlay are the center area where the battery/electronics tray sits and the rear around the struts. When I flipped mine I noticed spider cracks in the center below the battery tray. That area carries a lot of weight with 4 battery's. I put two layers of cf cloth in that area then layed one layer around the struts Also JB welded 1/32" cf plate inside where the struts mount. Others have had stress cracking around the struts
    As far as the wire drives I've been using them for a while not and they work well. Been running my struts lower at 3& 2mm. Last weekend I moved them up to 3.5mm which causes the wire to bend more after the run I noticed both of my struts moved down to even with the bottom. Gonna try again this weekend. I'm thinking that maybe I didn't tighten them down enough. If they keep moving I may go back to flexes Also with the wires make sure you mount the struts with silicon to seal them up

I'm using Aquacraft SV27R struts with brass bushings instead of the stock struts. I have been thinking about mounting battery trays in the sponsons. It's going to be carrying four 5500mAh 4s packs.

This is what we need for the Zelos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0yDJ3LLn2Y

Quote Originally Posted by REDLINE1 View Post
    This is what we need for the Zelos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0yDJ3LLn2Y
    cool
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

wow... good system and result as real scale... astonishing...
    with an high speed servo it should be integrated with a gyro to get a perfect balance everytime during running...
    gyro are used yet in races with hudroplanes/riggers but for balance correction using rudder only...
    HPR 115 kevlar bulletproof @90mph, MHZ Rapid carbonfiber, Bingo Race Minieco
    Futaba AIR TX/RX system with telemetry

Been saying that a trim system was the way to go since I got this boat.

Prepped my ESCs today.IMG_0919.jpg For the time being Im staying with the ec5 connectors. Any heat issues (didnt have any last time) Ill have the fun task of changing them out and all my packs to the green castles. Came up with a new layout this time with the ESCs just forward of the water outlets down low in the sponsons. Fun continues.......

Are those SF ESCs? I did the castle connector swap on all batteries and ESCs, no fun in that but worth it.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

SF240s.. Yeah.... 20 packs and a Revo 6P board adapters is my deterrent.

I run the 200a sf in mine with tp 4050.
    I had to add a rear mount for the motors.
    I had a flip full throttle. And broke the plastic motor mounts off the hull. With these bigger motors you really need some rear support

Lots of heat in that stuffing tube. Melted everything inside and outside, and discolored the brass. Probably got so hot it annealed the brass tube, and when the flex shaft bound up, it bent the tube, pulling it out of the epoxy. When you greased the shafts, were they reinstalled spinning the correct direction?
    Last edited by lt130th; 07-03-2017 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by jch1171 View Post
    Yep I installed them exactly how they came from the factory. Props were pushing air back at me. Nothing happened to the other side at all. Maybe it had two of the same direction flexshafts...
    That's what I would check first - pull out the remains of the flex shaft and see what rotation it is.

Thanks I will check that out. Lets assume thats it, and I need new flex shafts in addition to other things. Should I stay with OEM or get some upgrades like OSE or Kintec?
    You mean after you get that whole boat replaced by Pro Boat? Depending on your preference, upgraded flex shafts or wire drives wouldn't hurt.

Attachment 152377
    Any ideas here! Just picked up my new Zelos Friday (Fantastic looking boat). After reading other posts I checked her over and tightened everything down. I greased the flex shafts and put her in the water for a quick shakedown run. I was only running 4s. This happened within 11/2 to 2 minutes. I am an experienced boater. I have 2 Miss Geicos and a Mystic 29. I honestly cannot figure this out. Did not hit anything cause the hull and prop are perfect. Didn't even get the loud squeal to indicate a dry stuffing tube. Just went to give it a little "gas" and bam, it made a loud noise and stopped.
    Not to be a Debbie downer but this thread is aimed at the mods people have done to their zelos. Posting your problems to this thread clutters it and makes it that much longer for people have have to read through all the bs. PEOPLE I ASK AGAIN, please refrain from posting your problems here. This thread isn't for that. I'm tired of getting email notifications and checking thevthread and yet again it's another issue. If of courtesy for everyone if you guys would, please go through this thread and delete your posts if your posting questions and answers about problems. I created this to be a MODDING THREAD, hence the title. There's another thread to post this stuff in. If you have questions about problems with your modifications (motors, escs, props, etc) please feel free to post here as that pertains to modding. I DO NOT WANT questions about problems with stock boats. This thread is over 2000 posts long. Imagine someone starting fresh trying to read it. PLEASE PEOPE, please stay on topic.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I had nothing but trouble with the stock flexes in my Zelos. Upgraded OSE cables are always a safe bet, I run them on several boats. I'm using the Wohlt's wires in the Zelos and have been happy with them. No issues aside from changing out the motor collet.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Not to be a Debbie downer but this thread is aimed at the mods people have done to their zelos. Posting your problems to this thread clutters it and makes it that much longer for people have have to read through all the bs. PEOPLE I ASK AGAIN, please refrain from posting your problems here...please stay on topic.
    I agree. I actually thought the same thing when I saw the post about this flex shaft issue. But then I thought to myself, "what better place to get results on a Zelos question than the epicenter of Zelos 36 activity?" I can't even find this thread by clicking through all the subforums. I have to do a search to find it every time. I figured, if there was a thread specifically for Zelos issues it will be just as hard to locate. Can you PM me a link? Maybe we can have one of the forum moderators move those posts?

Thanks,
    Michael P.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Not to be a Debbie downer but this thread is aimed at the mods people have done to their zelos. Posting your problems to this thread clutters it and makes it that much longer for people have have to read through all the bs. PEOPLE I ASK AGAIN, please refrain from posting your problems here. This thread isn't for that. I'm tired of getting email notifications and checking thevthread and yet again it's another issue. If of courtesy for everyone if you guys would, please go through this thread and delete your posts if your posting questions and answers about problems. I created this to be a MODDING THREAD, hence the title. There's another thread to post this stuff in. If you have questions about problems with your modifications (motors, escs, props, etc) please feel free to post here as that pertains to modding. I DO NOT WANT questions about problems with stock boats. This thread is over 2000 posts long. Imagine someone starting fresh trying to read it. PLEASE PEOPE, please stay on topic.
    Travis, check you PM!

Lt130th

So I see you are running different stingers? We will need to use a different stub on those wire drives. The Zelos is much longer. email me at info@rcraceboat.com so we make sure we get this right. I can make the wire longer so you can cut accordingly. Thanks.

Lt130th

So I see you are running different stingers? We will need to use a different stub on those wire drives. The Zelos is much longer. email me at info@rcraceboat.com so we make sure we get this right. I can make the wire longer so you can cut accordingly. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jwohlt View Post
    Lt130th

Hey, Jeff! I ordered your Zelos kit about a month or two ago. I've already test-fit the wire-drives with my struts and the location of the motor collets with the motors in the carbon fiber motor mounts, and they are the perfect length. Thanks for offering to help!

All I need now is time to finish putting it all together, haha.

I ran the Zelos last week. Although I ran my fastest to date with the new props, the results were not as good as I had hoped for. Long story made short, I barrel rolled several times. The result was a ripped out strut. My day ended early.
    For some time now, I have been concerned with the way ProBoat had mounted the struts. It seemed weak to me. I know Keagan ripped one of his out just as I did. I have been meaning to modify the area the struts mount to, but never got around to it. Now, I had no choice but to address it. I made up some aluminum plates to make a transom sandwich . I epoxied the inner plate to the transom, silicon sealed the outer plate and through bolted everything together. The struts will not rip out again, unless they take the transom with them. If that happens, its time for a new hull.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice work.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Did they really just run bolts through the fiberglass with nothing more than the area of four nuts/washers securing each stinger to the hull? I'm not sure I've seen a stinger mounted that way on any other RTR boat. Even on Atomik/Venom or Exceed or Hobby King hulls, there is at least a piece of birch ply or a threaded plate that the screws tie into on the inside of the transom. The SV27R stingers I'm using came with an aluminum plate for the screws to pass through on the interior, too. Curious...

still trying to get time to get out and test this thing lol.hopefully soon.2700 kv cordova motors each on 8s for a total of 16s.its ether sink or swim but ether way it will be cool lol!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by baller69 View Post
    still trying to get time to get out and test this thing lol.hopefully soon.2700 kv cordova motors each on 8s for a total of 16s.its ether sink or swim but ether way it will be cool lol!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't wait to see the video of that👍

8s2p

been waiting for Baller to do it for almost a year..dont hold your breath
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    been waiting for Baller to do it for almost a year..dont hold your breath
    Really? Surely it's been done by now? I'm building an 8s setup right now, but finding time to make progress on that build has been the main issue for me. I assumed it had already been done at least a couple times by now.

Today i tested new motors Keda Saker SKF 3668 4 poles 2100kv 1650W with stock ESC and TFL CNC Alu 2 blades 43mm props.
    keda power system.jpg
    Not so happy by motors... similar to stock ones... and i had two problems with transmission... this part make me crazy...
    Anyway the report of the test is:
    Air temp 29C 84F
    Water temp 26C 79F
    Wind 30kmh 19mph
    ESC 60C 140F
    Motors 77C 170F
    Top speed 106kmh 66mph
    These motors seems to have same spin speed, higher temps, lower consumption...

Problems:
    1- left teflon tube spins together with flex... after disassembling, flex has a small multicolored part maybe for high temp reached, flex is hard to put inside teflon tube... really don't know what happened... i lost patience... i will purchase wire axles from jeff when i will have money...
    2- right final part of the flex, the drive shaft, has a black part.. maybe sleeve bearings are weak... don't know... please tell me something my friends...
    left.jpg
    HPR 115 kevlar bulletproof @90mph, MHZ Rapid carbonfiber, Bingo Race Minieco
    Futaba AIR TX/RX system with telemetry

Page 68 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast