Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 2430

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Quote Originally Posted by Erroneous View Post
    In the third pic to the right of the stuffing tube you can see factory glass that didnt get wetted in. I plan on layering over this too on both sides. Along BOTH sides on the seam towards the bow there was a strip of matt just hanging loose as well. I made sure they got plugged full too.
    While you have it all blown apart, reinforce the electronics tray mounting tabs. The factory adhesive is definitely a weak.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I saw this over the weekend at a line-x dealer in Knoxville and thought I would share. Reinforcing the outside instead of the inside....You wouldn't have to worry about sanding/scuffing the ride pads with that on!

zelos twin line-x Knoxville.jpg
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Looks heavy

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    I saw this over the weekend at a line-x dealer in Knoxville and thought I would share. Reinforcing the outside instead of the inside....You wouldn't have to worry about sanding/scuffing the ride pads with that on!

WTF! Don't think that's gonna make the top 5 Zelos fast list lol

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post

Gave me a idea. I also build gas wood boats. I use www.klasskote.com for paint. Spray the boat with epoxy clear. Nothing will crack or leak...it's epoxy.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Team Lucas View Post
    Gave me a idea. I also build gas wood boats. I use www.klasskote.com for paint. Spray the boat with epoxy clear. Nothing will crack or leak...it's epoxy.
    That stuff looks nice! Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by REDLINE1 View Post
    That stuff looks nice! Good idea
    TY.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

I had Line-X in my truck bed, it is 1/8" thick and NOT light.
    Finish is too coarse for what we need.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

In other news. The line-x is good for coating the inside of speaker boxes. Its good for about 2db vs non coated.

I also have it in my truck bed and lower 1/3 of the body/bed is lined too. Awesome stuff but definitely not for an r/c boat Lol
    1901569_10153816290480716_589078117_n.jpg

Today hd flex from Jeff are arrived but one of two is not perfect: there's an angle in the juncion between flex and shaft... that's why it doesn't roll on a table...
    Could it be a problem for vibrations or strut?
    I need an opinion...
    HPR 115 kevlar bulletproof @90mph, MHZ Rapid carbonfiber, Bingo Race Minieco
    Futaba AIR TX/RX system with telemetry

Quote Originally Posted by banixj View Post
    Today hd flex from Jeff are arrived but one of two is not perfect: there's an angle in the juncion between flex and shaft... that's why it doesn't roll on a table...
    I need an opinion...
    It's going to vibrate andwear the strut out if it's not straight. When I make my flexes I put them in an aluminum jig I matched from a block of aluminum that clamps them perfectly straight so there's no vibration. Maybe these just slipped past him. He's been known to make high quality stuff.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I would not run it. One of my stock cables was not aligned perfectly and it wore out the strut bushings quickly.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

use to roll it on a flat, and if it wobbled, its bad
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Quote Originally Posted by banixj View Post
    I need an opinion...
    Like the others said don't use it,contact him and ask to be replaced.I am using the ones from OSE and they are perfect!!
    Genesis 36", Zelos Twin 36"

one of two broken during insert in the coupling..... one spiral came out...
    i'm really angry and i'm really crying...
    a lot of time.. a lot of money... for nothing...
    zelos is my 2017 summer holiday and i feel lost...

Here is a small video from my run today to cheer you up!This is my last video from Athens,leaving for vacations this sunday and i am taking it with me(our house there is 2 min from the sea so i will have a couple runs every day)

Quote Originally Posted by stratus View Post
    Here is a small video from my run today to cheer you up!This is my last video from Athens,leaving for vacations this sunday and i am taking it with me(our house there is 2 min from the sea so i will have a couple runs every day)
    Nice video! All you need is a lawn chair and a few Corona's

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    It's going to vibrate andwear the strut out if it's not straight. When I make my flexes I put them in an aluminum jig I matched from a block of aluminum that clamps them perfectly straight so there's no vibration. Maybe these just slipped past him. He's been known to make high quality stuff.
    I have a jig as well. I have no problem replacing but as I informed him I check them and I did not see any issue that would cause any problem. I do not solder the ends as many want to do it but never had an issue in 20 years. He sanded the cable, as many of us do and I have no idea why the left hand cable started to unwind but it only takes a wrong direction or something to catch a strand...even a rag will do it. They would never leave my shop like that. I always twist my cable in the coupler with the winding direction. I am glad to replace if a customer is not happy. I told him to solder the ends but seems to be too much. So I will ask him what he wants to do because I do not want him angry and as he states, crying. Whatever it takes for the customer. I have sold many of these and not an issue with any.

Quote Originally Posted by jwohlt View Post
    I have a jig as well. I have no problem replacing but as I informed him I check them and I did not see any issue that would cause any problem. I do not solder the ends as many want to do it but never had an issue in 20 years. He sanded the cable, as many of us do and I have no idea why the left hand cable started to unwind but it only takes a wrong direction or something to catch a strand...even a rag will do it. They would never leave my shop like that. I always twist my cable in the coupler with the winding direction. I am glad to replace if a customer is not happy. I told him to solder the ends but seems to be too much. So I will ask him what he wants to do because I do not want him angry and as he states, crying. Whatever it takes for the customer. I have sold many of these and not an issue with any.
    No worries man, I was taking up for you. Stuff happens and I haven't heard one bad thing about you.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by REDLINE1 View Post
    Nice video! All you need is a lawn chair and a few Corona's
    Thanks REDLINE what you mention will be happening soon in my vacations hehe! Btw how is your progress going?

Quote Originally Posted by jwohlt View Post
    You do very nice work. I tend to agree with you that in " not leaving you'r shop like that" I am a company owner, and 1 happy customer tells 3 other people, but 1 unhappy customer tells 100 people. Crap happens, replace it and everyone is happy.
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

I trust Jeff and form my opinion he's a kind and good person and seller...
    the problem is my infinite unlucky.......
    anyway i'm going to solve the problem with jeff's help!
    dear friends, i'm sure you can understand me: nu motors, nu props, good weather... and no flexes ready to shot......
    i know i'm like a baby close to xmas time.... ;-)

off the topic I'm thinking of selling the Zelos...its a great boat, but no one will run me. and I like racing, not just speed runs we are mostly gas at the pond. So its just sitting on the shelf. was thinking of keeping it but bats will get bad over the yrs. Anyone interested send me a message or post here ( if allowed)
    Zelos 36 stock 68 mph

Thanks REDLINE what you mention will be happening soon in my vacations hehe! Btw how is your progress going?
    Vacation? Looks like your already on vacation lol
    All is well Zelos is back up and running

Has no one done this, yet? I'm putting 4082's in this hull (I know I'm not the first), but I don't trust those stock mounts with that much weight. I'm substituting 2mm carbon plate for the stock mounts.

20170623_215043.jpg20170623_215415.jpg

I also filed down those water pickups sticking out the bottom of the hull, and cut reliefs like we typically do for every other boat:

20170510_191256.jpg20170510_191317.jpg

Are you removing the old mounts that are glued on the hull or just going to leave em there?

Are you removing the old mounts that are glued on the hull or just going to leave em there?
    I removed the metal mounts from the plastic platforms, and will leave the platform because the stuffing tube is mounted to it. It looks like Pro Boat finally used real epoxy on a boat, and I don't want to go through the work of grinding all that out, just to get those plastic bases out. Normally I would, and I would do a carbon fiber inlay, but this hull seems like a pretty stout layup already, so I'm only changing up the motor mounts, and using the stock battery and electronics tray.

Ye you are right to much work needed to remove those bases i thought of it also when i did the inlay but i backed up,you will probably need longer flexes or have you tryed if the ones you have now going to be ok?

...you will probably need longer flexes or have you tryed if the ones you have now going to be ok?
    I'll be running a pair of J. Wohlt wire drives, rather than the stock flexes.

Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast