Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 1,951 to 1,958 of 1958

Thread: The official 36" zelos twin modding thread

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Ok where can I get that tool??
    The cheapest i could find on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/332166085519...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Genesis 36", Zelos Twin 36"

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Ok where can I get that tool??
    Keagan It's just a 1/4 inch flex ratchet that I got from Harbor Freight and a 1/4 inch socket with a 2.5mm Allen bit installed in it from ebay. The cost was around $20.00 for everything, but you may already have a flex ratchet that will work. I got the fine tooth ratchet so it don't take much room to ratchet it versus the large tooth ratchets. Below are links to what I used.

https://www.harborfreight.com/14-in-...het-62331.html

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251275565284...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Zelos Twin 36 stock (77.05 mph), Miss Geico 29 v3, Motley Crew Cat, H-King Relentless v2, Barbwire XL, Feilun FT011, Aquacraft Fire rescue boat, Pro Boat React 17 (rescue)

Quote Originally Posted by stratus View Post
    That one might work....It looks like the ratchet head is thick and not a low profile type, it probably would be a tight fit. The 72 tooth ratcheting mechanism is the only one to have when working in confined spaces like inside a boat hull though.
    Last edited by MADRCER; 05-26-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    Zelos Twin 36 stock (77.05 mph), Miss Geico 29 v3, Motley Crew Cat, H-King Relentless v2, Barbwire XL, Feilun FT011, Aquacraft Fire rescue boat, Pro Boat React 17 (rescue)

Thanks fellas!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

First run of the season. Had the struts set at about 2.5mm with ABC 1814 props and 4 3S packs. Had a little too much hop on the first run and never really got many WOT passes. GPS read 67.5mph. Took out the HRB packs and put a set of Revo's 70C graphenes in. Second run was better, smoother down wind, but still not a lot of WOT because I didn't want to flip it today. I did flip it pretty good once, more of a sideways cartwheel, and landed business side down. Ran 71.6mph, but the temps came back really warm. The motor connectors melted the hatch foam and there was a lot of smoke, on both runs. It was alarming at first, but I knew as soon as there was no smell, it wasn't the electronics. I borked one of the struts on the flip to nearly full positive trim angle. Funny, I didn't really notice it much on the few passes I made after the flip before I brought it back. Next trip I'll use an air dam and run the struts at 3mm.
    Zelos 36 Twin, Voracity 36, Impulse 31 V3, Mini Zonda 27, Delta Force 26, Offshore Infinity, Vac-U-Tug Jr

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    First run of the season. Had the struts set at about 2.5mm with ABC 1814 props and 4 3S packs. Had a little too much hop on the first run and never really got many WOT passes. GPS read 67.5mph. Took out the HRB packs and put a set of Revo's 70C graphenes in. Second run was better, smoother down wind, but still not a lot of WOT because I didn't want to flip it today. I did flip it pretty good once, more of a sideways cartwheel, and landed business side down. Ran 71.6mph, but the temps came back really warm. The motor connectors melted the hatch foam and there was a lot of smoke, on both runs. It was alarming at first, but I knew as soon as there was no smell, it wasn't the electronics. I borked one of the struts on the flip to nearly full positive trim angle. Funny, I didn't really notice it much on the few passes I made after the flip before I brought it back. Next trip I'll use an air dam and run the struts at 3mm.
    my first flip was with ABC props... never happened with other props at higher speeds...
    anyway what do you mean with 3mm? 3mm from the "table"? neutral is 4mm from the "table"... so 2.5mm is better of 3mm to bring the nose down...
    Proboat Zelos 36 stock @69mph, Tenshock Mono08 @57mph, Joysway Offshore Warrior, Bingo Race Minieco

Quote Originally Posted by banixj View Post
    my first flip was with ABC props... never happened with other props at higher speeds...
    anyway what do you mean with 3mm? 3mm from the "table"? neutral is 4mm from the "table"... so 2.5mm is better of 3mm to bring the nose down...
    I've flipped on all props. It's really not that hard. My strut measurements are taken as illustrated in the manual. Yes, 3mm will run the bow higher, but that's not why I'm making the change. I want less prop in the water to bring the temps down a little and I'll be using an air dam to reduce air pushing up on the bottom of the tunnel.
    Zelos 36 Twin, Voracity 36, Impulse 31 V3, Mini Zonda 27, Delta Force 26, Offshore Infinity, Vac-U-Tug Jr

8. Default

Everythig is clear! Thank u so much!
    For same reason, less prop in the water, i leave stock 4mm setup..
    I change balance moving the 2 6s lipo packs: in the center of batt tray boat is not so wet and drag when close gas is so low... But i am scared by waves and wind...
    So i move packs a little bit under the hood... I think it is the best solution... But drag increase so much... So at half gas boat is a little bit slower...
    Proboat Zelos 36 stock @69mph, Tenshock Mono08 @57mph, Joysway Offshore Warrior, Bingo Race Minieco

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566