Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mah resitrictions

Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    All good.

I agree on the voltage for MI, but that's in Terry's court.
    Inexpensive and SO Quick and Easy to use... :)

408315 Hyperion Sentry.jpg

Have several on hand with universal balance boards on them... Have several people appointed to do checks. Maybe have some kind of tech sticker or card that signifies tech as been done.

Voltage Problem solved.

I'd only do this at MAJOR events, however, where the stakes actually count for something (well, do they ever REALLY count for something, in the big picture?? :) )
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    We'll stay with the max charge in the book but we're not getting hung up on the nominal thing. I want to allow them but not by letting them spank all the 4.2v guys.
    Good stuff.
    We are looking forward to seeing you guys in Atl. Hope I can count on you to check my voltage occasionally. I feel like we bonded somehow at The Cup while your hands were all up in my junk.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Good stuff.
    I feel like we bonded somehow at The Cup while your hands were all up in my junk.
    That right there would definitely fall under the safety regulations and be a violation.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Inexpensive and SO Quick and Easy to use... :)

408315 Hyperion Sentry.jpg

Have several on hand with universal balance boards on them... Have several people appointed to do checks. Maybe have some kind of tech sticker or card that signifies tech as been done.

Voltage Problem solved.

I'd only do this at MAJOR events, however, where the stakes actually count for something (well, do they ever REALLY count for something, in the big picture?? :) )
    Yep that's a great tool!
    I just picked up the latest unit. It does HV and has some additional features.
    http://www.hyperion-world.com/p1774229-hp-eos08sent3
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by B Neal View Post
    That right there would definitely fall under the safety regulations and be a violation.

Brian
    Yes... Ditto that! OOOHHHHH.... Get a room!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Mr. Neal and Jordan, you guys are sick!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Yep that's a great tool!
    I just picked up the latest unit. It does HV and has some additional features.
    http://www.hyperion-world.com/p1774229-hp-eos08sent3
    like the balance storage feature !
    just placed an order for one
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

This is a good topic and I would like to add my .02 I would like to say I am for no MAH rules or at least raise them to 12000 for all classes. I was looking at the HK heavy duty packs AKA Graphene and it occurs to me these are the best packs on the market right now and here is why. They have tested better than any other brand and they are heavier than any 5000 battery on the market. Lets look at sizes and weights for a minute.
    Brand Weight
    HK Heavy Duty 6s 5000 886g
    Dinogy 6s 5000 790g
    Revo 6s 5500 855g
    revo 6s 5000 740g
    The HK battery is almost 100g heavier than the dinogy and 146g than the revo 5000 and 31g heavier than the revo 5500. I think this gives the HK battery a clear advantage over any 5000 battery on the market. Instead of adding more mah they added more weight (separator layers) to get the power level up. This battery weighs more than the 5500s and almost as much as a 6000. I will also bet you there is more MAH in there than the label would suggest. I don't see how you can say this battery is legal and not the others with more mah. This battery has a clear advantage and anybody not going this route would be unwise. IMPBA has been running with no MAH limits and this has proved to not be a problem. If you put limits on MAH then this becomes a one battery market for boat racers wishing to comply with the rules. The rest of the vendors might as well not even bother trying to market to boat racers.

Mark

On the car side we always weigh all the batteries when they come in.. The heavier ones are always better

Still goes back to weight.. I have a bunch of 2 s Lipos all the same..same mfgr same mah same c rating all from same batch.. The heavier ones will always have more capacity and 99% of time lower ir.. 2s 5000 some will charge as high as 6300 some max out around 5200 a couple grams weight difference will make a big difference

And also on the 4.23 cell per cell.. Is that off the charger or before boat is taped up?? If anyone knows the second u take it off charger at 4.23 it will be lower than that.. Not even connected to speedo.. Within a minute or two they will be around 4.20

There will always be a single (or a few with rebranding) optimum battery pack for any type of electric racing that has an advantage over the others, the others will either improve to compete or get pushed out of the market, it is the way it has always been since I started racing with Sanyo 1200mAh NiCads, and unless electronic power limiters are mandated it is the way it always will be. Changing to 12Ah or unlimited capacity may change what that optimum battery is right now, but won't change the fact that one is still better than the rest, and it will still be a tenuous situation for a battery vendor linked to a single manufacturer.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456