Thread: Sea king vs turnagy

Default Sea king vs turnagy

Looking at both ESC they look the same but the turnagy is 30$ less ,do they work as well? Just want ESC 's to run my twin ,6s 1800 kv motors ,the sk work well for me ,I don't need data or special programming ,what do you think ?thanks

They are the same ESC.
    I've got a few of each & there is no difference between the two in set up or running.
    If I needed to buy another one, I would opt for the Turnigy myself. It has more capacitors added than the Seaking version.

Get the turnigy it has 4 extra capacitors that the seaking doesnt. Run external bec and add another cooling tube to the heat sink

Will the sea King program box work on the turnagy .? Thanks

Yes
    Nortavlag Bulc

Great to know thank you

Yup, I have used both ESCs on quite a few boats, they are exactly the same except the capacitor banks are even better on the Turnigy. Normally, I use to buy the Seaking 180 and then add the Castle capacitor banks for another $20 more. You have to remove the 2 stock capacitors on the battery leads to do this.

The Turnigy branded one already has similar sized capacitors wired to the base of the ESC, so I don't have to purchase the Castle ones, plus I get to keep the stock capacitors that are on the battery leads. I actually save over $50 when in factor in the price of the Castle capacitors I like to use.

Also, Hobbyking has a 1 year warranty on the Turnigy, Hobbywing warranties their SeaKings for only 90 days.

$30 Cheaper price, 9 months longer warranty, better capacitors. Pretty easy choice.

I would like to use the turnigy capacitor banks on my seaking 180 which ones did you use