Thread: Upol #1 spray can clear coat

Default Upol #1 spray can clear coat

(I wasn't sure what section to put this in)

I recently damaged a hatch in a crash. I repaired it but clearing it is just too much of a paint in the butt with mixing the clear, clean up, cleaning the gun etc. I decided to try this spray can clear. I've read good things about it. I knew it would be enough for two hatches and my buddy damaged his so I made him order some for the repair. I figure try it on mine first in case it didn't turn out good, I'll just fix later and I'll spray his with the gun. Well there will be no need for that. This stuff smells like and looks like clear out the gun. There was a little learning curve to it. It does not like humidity or being cool. So after figuring that out I set it in my powder coat over at around 120f between coats. You don't have to do this unless it's cold or humid (it was raining last night so lots of moisture in the air). I got a little trash in it and it was a little dry in a couple spots (I had about 5 coats) so I wet sanded it lightly with 2000 grit and buffed it out. Maybe 5 minutes worth. Man this thing looks as good or better than before when I sprayed with a gun. I just wanted to let you guys know an alternative clear to the gun. This stud is better than any rattle can clear I've used by far.

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Been using that stuff for a few years and it is as good as it gets out of can. You really can get great results with it. Very close to the boats where I was spraying clear coat with a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by electric View Post
    Been using that stuff for a few years and it is as good as it gets out of can. You really can get great results with it. Very close to the boats where I was spraying clear coat with a gun.
    Awesome. I know there's probably a few people on here that know about it and probably a few that don't. When I have good results with something that makes my jobs easier, I like to get the word out.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Painting tips section...
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

And it is great UV protectant for carbon fibre hulls

I'm new to boats... But my 44' gas cat has some divots in it and my AQ Motley Crew has some small chips on it. LOL I'm also waiting on a brand new Proboat UL-19 in the mail that will need to painted also this winter. I strive for "Mediocrityh". I know with my skills and health issues perfect is our of reach but as it wizzes by at 55mph who's going to notice. I'm in Canada (but close to the US (1o minute drive plus border). What is the best way and products to fill the divots, prime, paint, and clear coat a boat.... I was under the impression marine needs special... But I'm poor so if I can get away with something that's kinda, sorta, okay, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by David Brock View Post
    I'm new to boats... But my 44' gas cat has some divots in it and my AQ Motley Crew has some small chips on it. LOL I'm also waiting on a brand new Proboat UL-19 in the mail that will need to painted also this winter. I strive for "Mediocrityh". I know with my skills and health issues perfect is our of reach but as it wizzes by at 55mph who's going to notice. I'm in Canada (but close to the US (1o minute drive plus border). What is the best way and products to fill the divots, prime, paint, and clear coat a boat.... I was under the impression marine needs special... But I'm poor so if I can get away with something that's kinda, sorta, okay, I'm good.
    Well I use ‘glazing putty’ which I can get from Walmart to fill small dings, chips, and air bubbles. The last tube I bought was small which is a good thing. There is another clear available in Canada which I haven’t tried but a bike buddy has and likes. Let me look it up.

Hey Travis, where can I order from??
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

Tcpglobal.com

Thank you sir!
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

Some auto body supply shops have a two component clear that you press a button on bottom when you are ready to use it. It mixes the paint and the it has to be used within 24 hours.

They also have primer like that too.

Both come in a fast and slow cure.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Some auto body supply shops have a two component clear that you press a button on bottom when you are ready to use it. It mixes the paint and the it has to be used within 24 hours.

They also have primer like that too.

Both come in a fast and slow cure.
    Ray. It’s called 2k clear. Great stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    Ray. It’s called 2k clear. Great stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    my son purchased a can from Ned's Auto Body Supply, matched for his 2016 Dodge Dart. it seemed to work really well.
    i'm not sure what actual brand he used. i had no idea until last year that this type of product existed.