Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something new for safer charging?

Bummer. I'm 303. We'll never see them Jim.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Bummer. I'm 303. We'll never see them Jim.
    How do you know what number you are?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Read Post #30
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Something came in the mail today

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Mine should arrive shortly also

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Billy Graham

Got mine a couple days ago. It's still boxed up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

He had posted a pic of like a 1000 units in a container.
    Noisy person

kfxguy: How spacious is it? How many lipos can you fit in one box?

I'm assuming this box is mostly good for just "safer" charging ?

They could have made a bigger one... if you can only have 2x 6s 5000mah in there.
    Thats not much...

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry100 View Post
    kfxguy: How spacious is it? How many lipos can you fit in one box?

I'm assuming this box is mostly good for just "safer" charging ?

They could have made a bigger one... if you can only have 2x 6s 5000mah in there.
    Thats not much...
    I'll post some pics with various batteries in it later tonight. I haven't even laid my eyes on it yet, my son sent me some pics of it. I may buy another to store my batteries in.

I was so impressed with the concept I bought 3.
    Noisy person

Ok, my first impression is this thing is nice. Very nice. It looks and feels well built. I fit (2) 4400mah 6s, (3) 5000 4s and a 5000 3s plus I think it'll fit 4 more 3s packs. For storage.

wow! I wish I knew about this and got on the train with you guys. I was also thinking about an ammo box to store them (not charge). How does this work in terms of charging? The charging leads has to be out on the sides? If so that's some long leads needed. Very nice box!
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

You can still order them from their website. I don't know what the lead time is, they may still be filling initial Kick Start back orders.

The black plastic thing on the lid is a fireproof wire passage out through the box, this is where the wires go. You can make up longer charger connectors, but the balance boards might be a challenge.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Number 403 for me, I'm in for two, see how long it takes to get to Canada.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    You can still order them from their website. I don't know what the lead time is, they may still be filling initial Kick Start back orders.

The black plastic thing on the lid is a fireproof wire passage out through the box, this is where the wires go. You can make up longer charger connectors, but the balance boards might be a challenge.
    Got it thanks! I too figured you can extend the charging leads but the balance boards had me puzzled.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    You can make up longer charger connectors, but the balance boards might be a challenge.
    You can buy balance lead extensions from 6" to 24" long.
    I'm sure many places sell but easiest to see them is on eBay by searching "balance lead extensions".

Thanks for bringing this thread back to light. I missed it the first time around and was already in planning stages of building a storage box out of a metal tool box and fire resistant drywall. I ordered 4 or these for safe storage in my home.
    Have fun with that....

APEX RC makes some nice lead extensions, I have their 12" versions for my charging box.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

All 3 just showed up at my office. They're everything I dreamed they could be. haha They do seem really solid.

I really have no plans to charge in them. My concern is for my cells when I'm not around at all.
    Noisy person

progressive has everything you would need in the way of adaptors, extensions ect.
    http://www.progressiverc.com/?gclid=...FU5lfgodiFwMRQ
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Ok, my first impression is this thing is nice. Very nice. It looks and feels well built. I fit (2) 4400mah 6s, (3) 5000 4s and a 5000 3s plus I think it'll fit 4 more 3s packs. For storage.

Nice however if one cell goes, they ALL go.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Absolutely Ray. At least this way he has a shot at saving the house/shop/car/whatever. We always had that problem.

Should note these aren't very big. Travis got some cells in there but they're still small units. If you're a super freak you will out size a single box quick.

The guy that undertook this venture is like us. A hobbyist with a cool idea. This thing is a dream come true for me being a fire protection professional. I looked into a fusible link type suppression setup that was about 4 times this size. Super cost prohibitive. I hope Tom can make a few bucks on them now. Who knows, maybe different versions will make sense later.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Absolutely Ray. At least this way he has a shot at saving the house/shop/car/whatever. We always had that problem.

Should note these aren't very big. Travis got some cells in there but they're still small units. If you're a super freak you will out size a single box quick.

The guy that undertook this venture is like us. A hobbyist with a cool idea. This thing is a dream come true for me being a fire protection professional. I looked into a fusible link type suppression setup that was about 4 times this size. Super cost prohibitive. I hope Tom can make a few bucks on them now. Who knows, maybe different versions will make sense later.
    I agree, it's not big at all but better than nothing. You (I) can always buy more and it's a meter, nicer looking solution to storing your batteries. Let us know how they stack on top of each other. If they will I'll buy another.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12