Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay and paypal SUCK!!!!!!

I know how you feel. I felt punished too - what it really reminds me is that caveat emptor is really important on ebay!

You're being punished for the idiots out there. It's the same as having FICA taxes that we all have to pay because some people will spend their paycheck on cigarettes instead of saving some for the future.

What frustrated me was one guy kept sending me e-mail msgs telling me how wonderful I was for shipping quickly (I kept asking him to send feedback) but wouldn't click on the right icon on ebay. I had to send pix of the ebay screens before it clicked in his brain.

I'm going to get whacked for the same thing again when I sell a handful of engines, since I haven't used ebay in months (I go in spurts, when cleaning out closets, etc.).

There's an explanation screen somewhere like "why is my money on hold" and they tell you because you don't have the transactions recently enough, etc.

The upside is that as soon as the buyer sends positive feedback, your money shows up (same day) for that transaction. It doesn't have to take 3 weeks if the buyer knows how to use ebay properly.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

I have used paypal quite a bit but will not use fleabay anymore because they have gotten to big. There are to many alternatives.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

They're the same company.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    They're the same company.

Andy
    The same but different and investors want paypal spun off from ebay.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

This has happened to me as well. Ive got 78 transactions and 100% feedback but I sold an lcd
    projector for ~$250 and they held the money. I called paypal and its a new policy for high risk items and categories over a certain dollar amount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12