Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new zelos 36 twin!

Default My new zelos 36 twin!

So I just got my zelos 36 in today. Thanks to Raphael! I didn't get to participate in the intial testing of these boats but I did end up with one. I wanted to give my first impressions and a thread for you guys to follow along as I get it tuned in stock to see what it will do. I'm very excited. I need to tell yo guys, this hull is nothing like any rtr hull out there. It is super stiff. I'm so impressed with this hull. It's the stiffest and most solid out the box hull I've had my hands on. I have a cheetah right next to it and the tunnel is stiffer on it than the cheetah with a thick carbon inlay. This thing does not feel cheap at all. The hatch is at least 6-8 layers. It barely flexes at all. Very impressive! Enough about the stiffness....this layout is very well thought out. One of my favorite things is the rudder. Nice quality piece and it looks like a real cat rudder. The push pull steering is not just for looks, it works nicely. Very nice detail. This is something you only see on high end builds. I can tell this boat has lots of potential straight out the box. Quality .187 flexes with Teflon liner for less maintenance. The lines of this hull are beautiful. No cheesy hatch hold down system here. 4 screw locks and a nice seal all the way around. Tape. Who needs tape? I'm gonna give her a paint job very soon and put decals on, so follow along but I've got to hit the lake with this thing this weekend. Got to! Here's some pics!

Next to a king cheetah.

Rudder. Sorry for the glare

Interior. I've got to change connectors and a few other little details and she's gonna be ready. I can't wait!!!

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Seems like you're gunna need a bigger lake.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

Give her hell Travis. I'm sure shell laugh it up and ask for more.

Oh, I think I threw one of the prototype MR4000 receivers in there. The antenna is pretty long, but we've got over 1000' of range with it. Way farther than I'd like to go retrieve a flipped boat.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Give her hell Travis. I'm sure shell laugh it up and ask for more.

Oh, I think I threw one of the prototype MR4000 receivers in there. The antenna is pretty long, but we've got over 1000' of range with it. Way farther than I'd like to go retrieve a flipped boat.

I was wondering what the heck reliever that is. I was gonna text you and ask if that thing has two throttle output and if it will work with my dx4s. Figured it's too late. I'm a night owl. Just got through removing the old motor mounts and epoxying the new ones in. Yea, I'm not wasting any time. I gotta see this thing run Saturday. I'll finish it up and have it ready tomorrow night, gotta put my connectors on and make an adapter to run 6s. Hope you don't mind but I'm changing the cooling hose to some snazzy black colored hoses. I can't wait to see this thing run!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

RX will work with your radio. It's a 4 channel. Way to go, can't wait to hear your thoughts after you run it. Nope, don't mind you changing out the cooling lines.
    Rafael Lopez

Very nice looking hull there. Nice rudder assembly too. That look like a good scale setup Travis?

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Very nice looking hull there. Nice rudder assembly too. That look like a good scale setup Travis?
    Very nice Shawn. The rudder is short just like a real cat. Notice no cooling lines outside the boat. They are in the rear steps. I'm very impressed with the layup. I don't know how Raphael convinced the higher ups to spend the extra dough on such a nice layup, but I'm glad he did. I can't lie, I had intentions on doing an inlay in it because I had to remove the motor mounts and drives anyway to put them where the production model has them.....but there is no need for an inlay at all. Less work for me to get her on the water!

I'm looking forward to seeing this.....

That boat looks familiar...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

What gave it away Darin? The tape with the On-Off on the tray?
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    What gave it away Darin? The tape with the On-Off on the tray?
    Well... that and the two different shades of blue on the ESCS. Because I had modded the original ones that came in that boat, I had to put in a couple that I had here from other projects that still had the factory wiring on them.

Travis, make sure you verify/set the timing on both those ESCs before you get started. I suspect one may be at 7 and the other at 15... or whatever the original factory settings were for the Voracity.

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Well... that and the two different shades of blue on the ESCS. Because I had modded the original ones that came in that boat, I had to put in a couple that I had here from other projects that still had the factory wiring on them.

Travis, make sure you verify/set the timing on both those ESCs before you get started. I suspect one may be at 7 and the other at 15... or whatever the original factory settings were for the Voracity.

Will do. Should be able to run them at 15 I suspect. I may swap one out so they match lol. I have a couple spares myself.

So......what color you guys think this thing should get painted? It deserves a nice paint job for sure. I have my favorite green, a badass house of kolor orange and possibly a pearl white and I also have a pearl blue similar to the voracity. The zelos decals are all black so any color will match well.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    So......what color you guys think this thing should get painted? It deserves a nice paint job for sure. I have my favorite green, a badass house of kolor orange and possibly a pearl white and I also have a pearl blue similar to the voracity. The zelos decals are all black so any color will match well.
    I have ALWAYS wanted to do a hull in a nice bright 70's Green with TONS of huge metal flake!

That'd be my choice! :)

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Should be able to run them at 15 I suspect.
    Yes, Josh Cyrus has been running his at 15* of timing. He reports speeds of 70-71 mph with no mods other than sharpened and balanced props.
    Rafael Lopez

I have ALWAYS wanted to do a hull in a nice bright 70's Green with TONS of huge metal flake!

Well I'm not much of a fan of metal flake but I have a fluorescent green and this pearl lime and this orange

Something like this!

Keaton3.JPG

I also think it would be FUN to build a Zelos hull with TWIN Stiletto or similar OUTBOARDS on it.

Something like this!

Keaton3.JPG

I also think it would be FUN to build a Zelos hull with TWIN Stiletto or similar OUTBOARDS on it.
    Rafael Lopez

Well that don't look too bad!

this is gonna be good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaux View Post
    this is gonna be good!!!
    Heck yea this is gonna be good. I'm running it at least once before paint. There no way I can wait much longer to run it. After seeing what she will do with stock props, I've got a couple different prop sets to try that I know will pick it up.

Green

So i finished it up tonight. I mounted the drives back on and sealed them with a little bit of hondabond. Cut the flexes and soldered the ends. Changed out the esc's to two new matching ones. Reran the cooling lines using black hose (just a personal preference thing because they blend in better). Bench tested and calibrated esc's. Everything good. I do have to make a series connector so I can run it on 6s but I'll do that tomorrow night. Check it

Btw, I'm waiting on a y harness for the receiver plugs that I ordered yesterday. I'd go pick one up from the local hobby shop or make one but I don't have time or feel like it lol.

That looks great! I can't wait to see it run this weekend.

That pearl lime would look great with the black graphics

Quote Originally Posted by pistol18 View Post
    That pearl lime would look great with the black graphics
    I know but I'm trying not to have all my boats green even tho I love the color lol! I did sell the green mono so I don't have a full green boat anymore. Just the hatch of my shocker.

that's a cool place for the water pickup. I like the black hose too.

Here's a picture with a little more light.

Thumbs up

That's looking good Travis !
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Have you thought about a bad a$$ blue, really bright?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast