Thread: Spectrum AVC

Default Spectrum AVC

Has anyone tried the Spectrum AVC system in their boat? If so, what kind of boat and what did you think about how it performed? Thanks

No, no, and hell No! Do not install that receiver in a boat!!!! Well actually you could if you turned AVC OFF, I repeat OFF! The DX4S will bind well with most receivers, including the marines.
    The V stands for VEHICLE not boat, or aircraft. I have the AVC rx installed on a 1/5 buggy and it works well, making *automatically* small changes in throttle, and steering to keep me on the coarse.
    Try and use this technology in a boat and your results won't be pretty. Whatever it is, sensors, gyro's, software, (?) it resides in the *RX* not the TX. Bottom line, - it works well on the track,
    BUT NOT ON THE POND! I believe our member Terry has first hand knowledge of this, but will have to find the thread. AH, post 14. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...DX2E-with-DSMR
    Last edited by runzwithsizorz; 02-22-2016 at 02:40 PM.

"Actually, that's NOT entirely accurate." (name the movie! )

I HAVE used the AVC in several boats, including one VERY fast IM31 setup for P-MONO (ironically, with a prototype of the same motor that now comes standard in the boat. ).

I had it on the rudder, and it did help with roll-stability, keeping the boat from chine-walking as much when racing through the wakes of other boats. You had to turn the gains WAY down, however, and the effect was minimal, but it was there.

In the end, however, it isn't a substitute for a properly setup boat. Pro Boat was considering moving forward with a version of the AVC for boats, but after all our testing, the benefits simply didn't justify the costs.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

"Actually, that's NOT entirely accurate." (name the movie!).
    What? Which part?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CigvScbvuZc

Independence Day.

I tried it too. Hated it.
    Noisy person

Quick question, here we are 7 years later from last question posted to this thread so is it still not a wise idea to use this technology that comes with the 6110AT receiver? Have not looked much into it but I already have this receiver with a DX5pro and honestly never even thought about it being in there. Has the software or firmware evolved?