Thread: Best ESC placement for Aeromarine Conquest

Default Best ESC placement for Aeromarine Conquest

I purchased this boat without an ESC and decided to 1.) give it a good paint job and 2.) install a quality ESC. The problem I ran into is the ESC is freakin HUGE! I ended up installing the ESC in the middle rear of the boat, but I'm wondering if anyone has had luck installing the ESC forward of the motor to clean things up a bit. Please ignore all the other random cables, I'm experimenting with FrSKY telemetry gear so I have telemetry for rpm, temp(x2), voltage, current and GPS.

Here are a few pictures of the setup. Notice the wire extensions are about 6" and I'd really like to remove them if at all possible. My initial thought is to simply sell the Swordfish 300A and buy the lite version, but to save on funds, I'd like to avoid that if possible.

IMG_1436.jpgIMG_1437.jpgIMG_1438.jpgIMG_1439.jpgIMG_1440.jpg

can't help with the esc, but nice job on the paint!!

Thank you. It's automotive grade paint done by the owner of our local RC car track. He does great work at a reasonable price. The vinyl graphics were applied before the final layer of clear coat.

I'm thinking of swapping the esc for the lite version and putting it forward of the motor. I don't think it's possible to install the original 300a version within the limited space as I'm also using the cap bank.

sounds like a plan.

I hate to bother you, where did you get the little hooks for your hatch latchs? thanks.