Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ***INTRODUCING*** The AquaCraft UL-1 Superior Fe Hydro RTR 2.4

Apperently Tactic have come up with a new spread 2.4ghz system, which I will take with a pinch of salt.

Douggie

ESC cast in resin = Waterproof = Giant leap in the right direction.

The boat looks a bit fugly to my liking, but with right features and hitting 41 - 49 mph on stock power plant, this boat will be a hit among first time FE boaters. With waterproof radio and servo, this boat will be a no hassle deal for first timers looking for either nitro or electric. Pretty cool that stock radio is 2.4Ghz.

I'm loving the stock water proof ESC. I only wish it was rated for a litttle higher amps.
    MMGMMarine
    RobertsonRacing

Quote Originally Posted by AntronX View Post
    ESC cast in resin = Waterproof = Giant leap in the right direction.

The boat looks a bit fugly to my liking, but with right features and hitting 41 - 49 mph on stock power plant, this boat will be a hit among first time FE boaters. With waterproof radio and servo, this boat will be a no hassle deal for first timers looking for either nitro or electric. Pretty cool that stock radio is 2.4Ghz.
    Hydros look cool but are IMO not a newbie boat. They need calm water and I think many of these hulls will lie at the bottom of the pond. A shame as it is has a very interesting hull design.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Does anyone think it is possible to reroute the water outlet to those headers? Personally, I'd like to be able to see the water coming out rather easily. But maybe that's just me.
    Maybe you can bend a piece of copper tubing into a 90 degree and just plug it into the tubeing and point it outward so it can be easily seen.

why water out the headers?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Hydros look cool but are IMO not a newbie boat. They need calm water and I think many of these hulls will lie at the bottom of the pond. A shame as it is has a very interesting hull design.

Douggie
    They are way more stable than a mono or SV for example. Just can't turn hard left on most of them. I would entrust a newbie to drive this better than a mono or tunnel. The only thing more stable is a rigger.

This product will insurge growth in the FE sector of racing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    why water out the headers?
    Jim, they may not understand what headers are trying to acomplish but cool is cool

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by AlanN View Post
    They are way more stable than a mono or SV for example. Just can't turn hard left on most of them. I would entrust a newbie to drive this better than a mono or tunnel. The only thing more stable is a rigger.
    I agree... There are an AWEFUL lot of ProBoat and Miss Vegas boats out there with no sealing, etc.. that are all still riding high!

I think you are right!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Bollocks...a hydro is not as stable in rough water as a V hull mono or a cat.

Douggie

I put a white one on my Christmas list!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I'm a fan of Aquacraft. the SV power system is bullet-proof as everyone knows and has gone a long way in revolutionizing ( sp?) the sport, not to mention all the spec classes etc.. that use their system. At first blush, however, I like the looks of the Proboat entry better. Maybe its a performance issue . I'm certaintly no expert. Time will tell.

Aye Douggie 100%.

Douggie
    Oh, no question about it, hydros are the coolest. But my initial impression of this boat was a bit fugly. Why do you think this boat will end up at the bottom of the lake? It should have flotation foam built in.

I think this boat will steer RC boating newcomers towards brushless power rather than nitro. If most serious quirks are worked out in RTR, like flotation and waterproofing, then it will be loads more fun to play with than nitro. If you could get a combo deal on LiPo for it and 12 volt charger, and get everything under $500 total, that would be a deal!

A well tuned hydro using its maximum hull potential and packing the most air it can, is hardly stable. The fastest hydros are those that right below blow over and nearly out of control. The art of Fine tuning right to the edge is what hydros are all about. And most are faster with a slight chop on the water.

Douggie
    Now you are twisting what you said originally.

Stick to your thoughts. I am telling you that a sport hydro is easier to run than a mono. I am not arguing that a mono is or is not more stable in rough water. A mono is not as stable as a hydro. 3 riding points on a hydro and only one on a mono. Do you stand better on 2 legs than 1? Therefore easier for the newbie to get the "feel". And A sport hydro of this size can handle some pretty good chop. More so than a souped up SV.

And I think that the boat looks pretty cool too.

this boat is awesome.. talked with mike for a bit... totally cool! it is going to be fully awesome!!!
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

i'll take one too Steve....

I will get them ordered up today.

I can partially agree about this not being a newbie boat BUT how many hot rod "real" cars are sold to teenagers with fresh licenses each year? Let the buyer beware and more importantly research what they buy!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

What's the price Steve? I saw the post here stating the street price @ $330. Let me know. I'm thinking of picking one up in late December into January.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I think there is something lost in the translation from wood test hull to this plastic/ poor fibreglass AQ junk. The wood one looks great this looks like AQ stuff. Kill me now for having a opinion, yes now you sober plebs

Default re :

[QUOTE=Darin Jordan;58774]
    The boat shown in these pics here is the one heading to LA right now with Brian Buaas... He's going to run it through the traps at the LA SAW event and find out just how fast it can be made to go!

I'm heading out to the lake today around noon ; I'm bringing my camera
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I think she looks pretty mean and the hatch and cowl setup was a killer Idea! It's just that the shoebox seam has never been one of my favorites but, It Is the easiest route to bonding the deck and hull.

Thumbs up and congrats to Mike for designing something new and getting a big company to market them. Awesome! Mike Is one of my new heros...

Derrick

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    I think there is something lost in the translation from wood test hull to this plastic/ poor fibreglass AQ junk. The wood one looks great this looks like AQ stuff. Kill me now for having a opinion, yes now you sober plebs
    Andy, the proof will be in the pudding. The boat has been built to a calculated price point. Yes the hull will probably have stress cracks after numerous runs but for the price it is one hell of a bargain as long as the PRODUCTION models pass all quality control procedures. The model that will run in LA is not what you and I will buy.

Douggie
    Last edited by Flying Scotsman; 10-17-2008 at 12:35 PM.

Alan, I know you are there, please explain the attributes of a rigger and a hydro design under wind and heavy water conditions and my initial statement said calm water conditions

Douggie

Just grow up.

Just grow up.
    I did I am 60 years young

I did I am 60 years young
    60!!!:
    Makes me feel like a kid at "only" 44!

But now,,,,

Doby, thanks for the compliment...44...But I still think this boat is too aggresive for a newbie. They will try to run it in bad conditions, as I have stated before

Douggie

Default re :

The boat is beeutifull .. !!! Will have vids tomorrow; camara went funny on me today. Engineered extremely well & fit & finish is gorgeous.

This is a Must Have !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast