Thread: Raleigh, NC area

Default Raleigh, NC area

Looking for fast electric people to race around with. I have an 8 acre pond in my back yard that I run my boat in. I would love to setup an oval course for racing. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm about 20 min south of Raleigh. Sorry, no gas or nitro boats.
    Thanks

Scott, Wish I was closer to you. Sounds like you have got a really great pond to run in. I am in Southport NC and looking for someone in the area to run with. I am sure you will find some people of interest. Best to you

Ted Wachter (teddyboy)
    Ted H. Wachter
    West Florida Model Boat Club
    East Texas RC Boaters

Heya Badfish67,

I'm in Kernersville, NC and would be interested in meeting up. I only have one electric boat, a Pro Boat UL-19 basically stock. I still have work to do getting it to max out.

I have been running my boats in Belews Creek Lake since we have a Larson 214 Escape to retrieve any blow overs. It is currently winterized and parked til the spring but would welcome hearing if
    anyone would be interested in joining up in the spring.

Looking forward to hearing from any other r/c boaters in the area.

Cheers,

John

I'm in south raleigh I would be interested in meeting up. I have a m41 and a small hydro planning to get couple more

Thanks
    Nathan

Hey Nathan,

We went out on Belews Lake last Wed. Weather was beautiful.

I only got one run before the leads on my motor desoldered themselves. I was only running 4S. This is the second time this has happened.

Going out again this Tues with new motor. I think I have fixed for good the one that has desoldered itself by using crimps plus soldering them. At least now if the solder melts again the crimps will
    still be making contact and the boat won't just die. I checked to see if maybe there was a partial short in one of the windings but I get normal amp flow on each leg with no load. I think I will do that
    mod on both my other motors. Hopefully the ESC will be up to the task. It stays pretty cool compared to the motor. Each have separate water pickups.

Anyway, Tuesday will be another day. I'll keep in touch and if you ever feel like taking a ride to the Greensboro area, give me a hoot: alpha4491@yahoo.com.

It was good to hear from you,
    John

I have work tomorrow but if I head out that way sometime I'll give you a holler. I'm heading out to Wilmington this weekend and going to rent a boat and ride up and down the ice with the m41

Nathan

How’s everyone around the area doing? I’m about to prep my 18’ bow rider for the season and geting my rc boats ready too. if enyone wants to meet at Jordan, or falls lake this spring/summer