Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NEW Pro Boat RECOIL 26" Self-Righting!!

and what kind of speeds are you seeing? Rafael said he runs a x642 on his and never mentioned the esc couldnt handle it .
    what does it do when it over amps? i dont want to be stranded on the water

Mine would shut down.I would let it set about a minute and it would run about a hundred feet and shut down again.My data loger showed power spikes of 90 to 100 amp with the x642.My boat runs 37 to 38 mph.At that speed the boat gets unstable but that's how I like it.

well i guess it will be test and see .Rafael said this about his

"As far as props, a x642 should work well, just make sure to balance and sharpen it very well. If you don't have the means to do that, get a CNC equivalent. That would be a 42mmx1.6 pitch prop."

and he said this too

"I actually run an X642 in mine with the only "issue" being that the stock battery gets a bit warm. Should be fine with a full size pack and the weighted coupler replaced by a standard coupler; PRB3308. "

these quotes are why i ordered the 642 cnc

You may be OK with that prop.All I know is that the 3 recoils that we have would not pull the x642 s/b I also thined the blades to a razor edge.Out of all of my boats the recoil is my favorite boat I dont have to worry about flipping it or sinking it.I love watching it do 360 720 spins or hitting a wave and it flying then nose diving under water.

Quote Originally Posted by rcboone2000 View Post
    You may be OK with that prop.All I know is that the 3 recoils that we have would not pull the x642 s/b I also thined the blades to a razor edge.Out of all of my boats the recoil is my favorite boat I dont have to worry about flipping it or sinking it.I love watching it do 360 720 spins or hitting a wave and it flying then nose diving under water.
    cant argue with that . i just need a little more speed to make it exciting .

Run the boat loose I have raised my drive as high as it will let me without bending the stuffing tube and the trim tabs are right tab level with hull left tab 2 mm above hull I slide my 3200ma battery all the way back against the transom.I also put my flex shaft in a drill and polished it with 380 grit sand paper

sure was nice out yesterday . about 55 here . gave me a chance to test out the cnc prop and the garmin 101 .
    notice how the cnc prop uses alot of the drive dog threads . i put blue loctite on just to be safe .
    the cnc prop is all ready to go for you ,its pretty thin/lightweight and sharpened .see my speed at the end . boat running kinda wet ,going to raise the prop and try another run and see if i get a little more speed .

what you think ,running a bit wet?

so todays run was not as eventful as i had hoped . the first run pulled another 24.8 .it was slugish again . thinking "this cant be right" i recalibrated my tx to the esc and went for another run .
    there was immediate difference ,the boat was faster ,up out the water more(i raised the prop this morning)and running looser .
    i thought this was for sure better then my best time .

well...............

maybe it was the cold temp? it was 55 out yesterday and 35 today .

todays run . the octura m440 seems the better choice over the cnc 42x1.6 . gets up on plane faster ,almost the same top speed .
    the day i shot the cnc prop video it was 55 degrees out and water a little choppy . and i got 32.4 mph .

today was 45 degrees with winds of 10-20 mph ,choppy water . you will have to watch the video to see todays top speed .

something interesting happened today .watch the video to find out

boatsrnew2me. Did u get my pm.

i did but must have deleted after reading it . send it again .

Resent

if you watched my last video you would be aware i tore the transom open . it was cracked open pretty good . shocked i didnt notice until i got home .
    it snapped back together pretty tightly .no pieces were missing . i used gorilla super glue to seal the cracks inside and out .
    the boat is in the tub for a leak test right now .
    if it wasnt for the glue you probably couldnt see it had been cracked open

once it snapped back together all that was left was hairline cracks .
    water is getting in actually . but apon further inspection it appears the epoxy used to secure the stuffing tube has separated from the hull so i think some is getting in from the stuffing tube area .

just dried it out and put it back in its stand .going to have to wait for it to fully dry and reseal around the epoxy area .

boat all sealed up and running . had it out last 2 days . today it pulled 31.1 on the cnc prop with alot of chop on the water and 15 mph winds . i`d say thats not too bad .
    the m440 prop gets up on plane faster ,the cnc 42x1.6 takes a bit longer .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234