Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW Pro Boat RECOIL 26" Self-Righting!!

My boat stock ran 32 mph if u get a recoil make sure u put floatation in it my friend lost his he had the sides of the canopy taped

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch S View Post
    Sorry for the delay,
    Its a CNC Prop, 40mm.
    The boat was considerably faster but also ran considerably hotter.
    I did not take temps but I will and report back.
    Well ???

havent run it since

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch S View Post
    havent run it since
    Lol

Does anyone know of a upgraded motor that will fit in this boat?? I want more speed. I ran the boat all stock with a 3850 mah (heavier than the stock battery) and could only get 28 mph out of it. I just upgraded the ESC to a Seaking 120, just ran it and got 27mph (It was a smaller pond that I normally don't go to) I'm guessing if I had more room it could have done the 28mph like before. I am on the stock prop for now, I have a sharpened and balanced X442 coming in about 2 weeks. Any ideas on a different motor (part number please) that will easily fit in this boat, and is the x442 a good choice? I hoping to get 34mph with the new prop but I'd like to see around 40 mph. It has a bad 'LAG' from a dead stop, my friends does the same thing, is there any adjustments I can do to get the boat quicker from a dead stop?

EDIT: I read the post on here 'Darin's RECOIL 26 "N2-Offshore" Modiciations' and saw that the TP3630 was a direct fit. I am considering this motor but not sure which one to get. I will be running 3s
    here's a chart I found on these motors. Can someone help me pick out the one that will work best for this boat?
    TP3630.jpg
    Last edited by 98Corvette; 09-04-2016 at 05:34 PM.

I would stay with a Outrunner or your going to lose the self right feature. Heli Outrunners seem to work the best. I would not go over a 1000 watts with this hull. I am with stock setup running mine with a m440 and it hauls and pulls about 850 watts with a 5200mah 50c batt! I've tried alot of 2 blades and that one works best for me and the electronics (temps). Your lag on throttle is either throttle not calibrated to esc correctly, or start up speed on your setting on esc if you have that parameter option. I would check esc settings, rebind, calibrate throttle in that order. If your running rtr radio gear boat came with that's probably not going to change and could also be the reason. Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice. As far as the TP motors I couldn't find a supplier that has them. I was also considering a Leopard motor. Does anyone know what size and kV I should get for 3s. I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope the self right feature still works. Or FLMIBrewer, do you have any recommendations on which Outrunner to get (brand and part #) thanks

One thing I am going to try out for the heck of it is the stock motor from my Blackjack29 V2. Any guesses on if it will be faster ? I think it is 1800kv.

Leopard makes outrunners too. Check rcecho.com they have lots of leopards.
    Last edited by FLMIBrewer; 09-07-2016 at 11:32 AM.

I'm getting 38 mph with the stock motor and a 120 amp speed control with a x642 s/b I have tried a blackjack 29 2000 kv motor I didn't like the instability at speeds above 38 to 40 mph. I also am running a 3300ma 50c batterys the 5000ma 60c were to heavy and slowed the boat down.Also at 38 mph I have bent the rudder bracket bad enough so the rudder hits the prop and ruins it

Quote Originally Posted by rcboone2000 View Post
    I'm getting 38 mph with the stock motor and a 120 amp speed control with a x642 s/b I have tried a blackjack 29 2000 kv motor I didn't like the instability at speeds above 38 to 40 mph. I also am running a 3300ma 50c batterys the 5000ma 60c were to heavy and slowed the boat down.Also at 38 mph I have bent the rudder bracket bad enough so the rudder hits the prop and ruins it
    How hot was the stock motor getting with that set-up? Which 120 amp speed controller are you using?

I'm using a turnigy 120 speed control. It stays cool to the touch and the motor runs 120 and 130 and that's continuous running until the low voltage shut down. I also opened up the rudder water pickup hole.We have 3 of the boats in the family and I also have both of the zeLos, voracity,lmpluse v3,blackjack v3 and mistic.But this is the boat we always take to the lake it is a blast to run and a lot less of a worry.Just make sure u put floatation in it and tape the hatch

Quote Originally Posted by rcboone2000 View Post
    I'm using a turnigy 120 speed control. It stays cool to the touch and the motor runs 120 and 130 and that's continuous running until the low voltage shut down. I also opened up the rudder water pickup hole.We have 3 of the boats in the family and I also have both of the zeLos, voracity,lmpluse v3,blackjack v3 and mistic.But this is the boat we always take to the lake it is a blast to run and a lot less of a worry.Just make sure u put floatation in it and tape the hatch
    Thanks for the info. I've ordered the ESC and prop; already have some of those 3300 mAh batteries.

In order to keep the self right feature with an inrunner, you must use a motor with greater than 2600KV, less than 3200, and keep the weighted coupler. For this you will need to upgrade to at least a 90A ESC, ideally a 120. 4S would be too much, so you'd have to stick to 3s.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

hey guys ,
    new member here ,found the forum during a info search on the recoil . that said i have a few questions .
    on the box it says capable of 30+mph with optional accessories , what are these optional accessories to get that speed?

i was looking into a Atomik barbwire initially until i found this boat . in comparison the motor in the barbwire looks much larger and beefier then the motor is this recoil . would you say this boat has a undersized motor? or am i comparing apples to oranges here ?

keep in mind i know nothing about boats .i have however been into all other aspects of rc for many years .

is there a direct bolt on prop upgrade that works well with the recoil? i am sure i will want to go faster in short time . i hope more info and talk comes about for this boat .

one more thing , i have a dx2e and a spektrum avc land receiver ,is it perfectly fine to use this combo on the boat ?
    thanks guys

Boatsrnew2me: see post 69 above. I'm now using the ESC and prop mentioned in that post and my boat seems a little faster to me. I don't have GPS data to verify but I posted a video on YouTube after the upgrade and there is a couple of videos posted there too before the upgrade if you want to watch and compare for yourself. https://youtu.be/7vVwi6l97Qk

woooo whooooo, just scored a new in box recoil 26 on ebay for 218.50 and guess what ? its at my local hobbytown . picking it up tonight .
    i seen the DCB M41 Widebody Catamaran go as low as 389.00 and another for 429.00 .

interesting tactic to liquidate seasonal merchandise.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    interesting tactic to liquidate seasonal merchandise.
    actually he said he just bought the company from previous owner and wants to get rid of some old stock ,or stuff thats been sitting . either way i got great deal on the boat . extra money left over for another lipo now .
    here she is just got home .

do you need to grease the shaft right out the box before first run??

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Shouldn't be, but radios are finicky. If you get the antenna as high in the hull as you can, you should be fine at reasonable ranges. I used to velocro my RXs upside down under the upper side of the hull to get the antennas out all the way. Keeps water out mostly too. :)
    darin, interested in buying the recoil to retrieve my gas rigger by dragging a string around it and reeling it in with a fishing reel. couple questions if you dont mind. first , is there a way to use my futaba 3pmx for the rigger and the recoil? if so, is there a reasonably priced reciever that will work instead of the high priced futaba? next question, what is a better battery that will give longer run times than the stock battery and still retain self-righting. the self righting is the only reason i am considering buying the recoil. cant imagine going to retrieve my boat and then having 2 boats dead in the water. thanks for the help in advance.

ya know i thought it be faster ?

maybe its just me ,coming from 50 mph land rc speeds and expecting too much . gonna need more lipos ,5-6 minute run time burns up fast .
    red flashing esc is low voltage cutoff i presume?
    left me with 4% left in the lipos ,thats pretty low .
    is the esc in the recoil programmable ?

i think i was experiencing tx cutout as it would cut out for a split second then resume at a not great distance .

whats a good direct fit faster prop for the recoil?

thanks everyone

got a video of todays run . most of this is full throttle runs . speed look about right to you ?
    Last edited by boatsrnew2me; 11-19-2016 at 07:20 PM. Reason: fixed the video

Seems about right for a 26" RTR boat.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

thanks weasel

I run our 3 boats loose my trim tabs are level with the bottom of the hull. My prop strut is 4.5 mm measured from top of strut down to strut support.In stock form it ran 32 mph.

running mine in out the box condition .
    if you move the strut down to put more prop in the water what does that do for you?
    if you move it up what does that do?

thanks

Raising the prop loosens up the boat makes it faster

has anyone tried the Pro Boat Stainless Steel Propeller PRB0154 on the recoil?

just bought a m440 ,will balance it and give it a go when it gets here

todays run . boat has a m440 prop now .didnt notice any performance gain . going to get a cnc 42x1.6 (same as x426) and try that . using a dx4c now ,range is much much better .
    water was choppy today . it was cold out too . cam died before i could film the second run .

When I went with a x642 prop I had to up grade my speed control the stock one over amped.I put a Turnigy 120 amp speed control

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast