Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW Pro Boat RECOIL 26" Self-Righting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Shouldn't be, but radios are finicky. If you get the antenna as high in the hull as you can, you should be fine at reasonable ranges. I used to velocro my RXs upside down under the upper side of the hull to get the antennas out all the way. Keeps water out mostly too. :)

Awesome idea! I will attach it with velcro or double sided tape. What type of range do you get with which radio. I appreciate all your help. If you learn any other hop ups or ideas please post it.

Thanks for showing a reasonable radio upgrade. Prices are good.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Rcdrivertim, I understand your frustration about the radio included with this boat, but let me explain how why we included it.

A 26" boat, people don't usually drive it away from shore 200 feet. What we find is that people usually stand in the middle and run left to right, meaning that you'll have a range in both directions; a total area of about 400 feet if you keep the boat within that 150-200 foot range. That's a very large area to run in for a 26" boat. Does that make sense? We at Pro Boat feel that area is more than enough distance for anyone to enjoy a boat this size. I did a boat demo with members of my local club and no one found the limit of the radio. If you are getting less range than what is shown on the video with the stock radio, call in and get another because yours is defective (you may have already).
    http://youtu.be/BmjMlUjHqfw
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Fwiw. I have seen many rtr/ TX ready models over there years. The price point is usually separated by about 25 bucks. The stock radio does indeed make the boat rtr, complaining about range to me is no different than saying, this boat only does 30mph, for 300 usd it should have a larger/ faster motor. If you ask me the consumer should have a bigger noodle and realize an rtr may require upgrading.
    Not boat related but I just bought a wraith spawn and the stock motor took a dump last night after 6 packs. I'm not calling customer service to gripe, I know it's a cheapie brushed motor with a limited lifespan. If something is defective, sure let's let CS know about it, but this seems more an issue of quality vs defective

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    Fwiw. I have seen many rtr/ TX ready models over there years. The price point is usually separated by about 25 bucks. The stock radio does indeed make the boat rtr, complaining about range to me is no different than saying, this boat only does 30mph, for 300 usd it should have a larger/ faster motor. If you ask me the consumer should have a bigger noodle and realize an rtr may require upgrading.
    Not boat related but I just bought a wraith spawn and the stock motor took a dump last night after 6 packs. I'm not calling customer service to gripe, I know it's a cheapie brushed motor with a limited lifespan. If something is defective, sure let's let CS know about it, but this seems more an issue of quality vs defective
    Excuse me, my noodle, really? Get a grip with how you talk to people. As for as expecting more speed, the box says something about 30mph. I never complained about speed if you paid attention. There is nothing mentioned about TX range. That, my friend, would made me buy another boat. A Pro Boat actually. It is my fault I didn't ask.

In closing, have a great day. :-)

As for your problem, that's your problem. Also, my receiver was defective. Which was replaced by HH's excellent customer service.

Default TX distance

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Rcdrivertim, I understand your frustration about the radio included with this boat, but let me explain how why we included it.

A 26" boat, people don't usually drive it away from shore 200 feet. What we find is that people usually stand in the middle and run left to right, meaning that you'll have a range in both directions; a total area of about 400 feet if you keep the boat within that 150-200 foot range. That's a very large area to run in for a 26" boat. Does that make sense? We at Pro Boat feel that area is more than enough distance for anyone to enjoy a boat this size. I did a boat demo with members of my local club and no one found the limit of the radio. If you are getting less range than what is shown on the video with the stock radio, call in and get another because yours is defective (you may have already).
    Rafael, I appreciate your response and posting that video. I was unable to get more than 100ft. HH has great customer service as usual. They sent me a new receiver. I may keep the DX3S in it now and mount the receiver up under the inside so the antenna can stick in to the black tube. I really like the boat as it is my first one. I will upgrade to another Pro Boat when the boss gives me permission. What kind of time did you get when you put those 5000 packs in? I have 5 3S packs and don't want to replace them unless I can get a few more minutes of run time. On the stock pack, mixed throttle, I get around 6 minutes. The ESC did cut off at 3.9 V per cell. My other batteries cut off at about 3.7 per cell.

Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post

Rafael, I put the new receiver in. MAJOR difference in range. I can drive much further now. Makes the boat more fun to drive. Looking at a 3S 5000 but I am concerned about the self righting working right. I don't wanna lose it.

Thanks much!

Test the self righting in a bath tub to check your battery placement

Quote Originally Posted by rcdrivertim View Post
    Rafael, I put the new receiver in. MAJOR difference in range. I can drive much further now. Makes the boat more fun to drive. Looking at a 3S 5000 but I am concerned about the self righting working right. I don't wanna lose it.

Thanks much!
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Default 3s 5000

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    Test the self righting in a bath tub to check your battery placement
    I will have to borrow a 3S 5000 pack to try self righting feature. I hope so. This boat is a lot of fun to drive. Next boat either the Miss Geico or Black Jack 29. $430 for a veracity is a little much for being as I started with the Recoil 26. Many years cars and planes but, very new to boats.

Thanks Jim

I run my Recoil on 5000 3S with out the weighted coupler. You'll have no problems righting it. I went a little nuts yesterday and flipped it about 4-5 times, landed on the roof, no sweat. small reverse blip, then full throttle, and she flips right over :)

I do notice it flips a little easier with the bigger pack though, no big deal. And be sure to tape the lid.

Still waiting for my new receiver,

Happy to report that I received my new receiver in the mail today, ran one battery through it (2S.. sloow) but zero glitches.
    Also, I mounted the receiver much higher in the hull to get more antenna out the top. In the stock postition, about 1.5 inches come out the hull.

Nice! I still wanna know why the boat, in pretty tight turns, scrubs all the speed off. Sounds like the prop can't get water to it. Once the turn is complete it planes and rockets off. Any ideas?

The Octura x640 and M440 props work well for this boat, stock setup. Dramatic improvement! It hauls with either one. Boat rides higher, faster, and loose with the M440. Started chine walking too. Going to give a X440 and ABC 40x53 a shot next. Will report back. Sorry no actual speeds, no logger yet. Speed on turns more consistent and higher now. It doesn't scrub off like it used to stock.
    Last edited by FLMIBrewer; 04-25-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Install another set of tabs closer to the keel. Should take care of the issue you are seeing with increased speeds. The part number for the stock tabs with back mount plates is PRB281014. You can just break off the turn fin part of it.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Thanks for that tip Rafael,
    It also needs more fin. I just ordered a set of tabs/fins for the "Stealthwake" they look to be just a bit bigger all around, and I'll trim the fins off the stockers. Will report back once they get here.

Also, can the RECOIL Get its own sub forum under RTR Fast Electric Talk ?

Is anyone else having problems with the motor shutting down about every 30 to 40 feet.My battery is fine I've checked that I've changed speed control no change I finally changed the stock prop to a m220 with that prop it will run a full battery no shut downs.We have 3 boats they are all doing the same thing.

That should be m440

Replaced the anemic trim tabs with the ones from the Stealthwake.
    Not a direct bolt on, had to drill new holes, but a world of a difference. They really should consider just using these.
    I did have to notch the right side, as you can see in the pic. Far better.

^^What prop is that?

Quote Originally Posted by airbiscuit View Post
    ^^What prop is that?
    Yes, which prop is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by rcdrivertim View Post

Thanks much!
    Which receiver did you use ? My boat was also losing range at only maybe 50 feet and HH sent me a ecx13003 receiver as a replacement. Is that good for at least 200 or more feet if I get as much antenna out of the boat as I can ?

Quote Originally Posted by stony30 View Post
    Yes, which prop is it ?
    Sorry for the delay,
    Its a CNC Prop, 40mm.
    The boat was considerably faster but also ran considerably hotter.
    I did not take temps but I will and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch S View Post
    Happy to report that I received my new receiver in the mail today, ran one battery through it (2S.. sloow) but zero glitches.
    Also, I mounted the receiver much higher in the hull to get more antenna out the top. In the stock postition, about 1.5 inches come out the hull.

Which receiver do you get ? Stock one ?

Which receiver do you get ? Stock one ?
    Has anyone else have issues with 50 feet or so total range ? Does the replacement one HH sends out when you call them solve the problem or do I just have to relocate it higher in the hull to get more of the antenna exposed ?

No one ?

No one ?
    Thanks guys. Hh is sending me an upgraded radio system

? I am looking to get a recoil 26. I kmow they go about 30mph stock. Im looking to upgrade the motor and prop and want to run around 40mph which I hear is about the limit for this hull. I have a 5000mah , two 3850mah and two 3300mah packs that ibwill be using. Can someone recommend a motor (Leopard) and water jacket and prop that will get around 40mph (part numbers please) I will be running stock esc first then ipgrade if necessary. I am goung to install the larger trim tab fins from stealthwake to help stability. Any ideas?

I'm getting 38 mph out of mine with the stock motor and a 120 amp speed control with a x 642 prop and a 3600 ma 50c battery.The boat will still self rite.The recoil is more fun than all of my fast boats

What esc are you using? Do you have speed tests before esc and prop?

Turnigy 120

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast