Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Pro Boat "ZELOS 36" Twin Cat

I'd love to have pictures of any "defects" so I can address this with the vendor.

If you have any issues with the steering system getting cought up, let me know and we'll send you out a new set of steering plungers.

I appreciate all the feedback I can get. It helps us stay on our toes and continue to better our products. :)
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Does the zelos 36 have a low voltage cut off on their esc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer2 View Post
    Does the zelos 36 have a low voltage cut off on their esc?
    Yes. Is programmable with a program box
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Default setting is 3.2v/cell, as outlined in the manual.
    http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi..._Manual_EN.pdf
    Rafael Lopez

Well I got to maiden her today. Lots of fun. Made me realize how much I miss boating. Here are a few snaps. I wish I knew someone I trust to drive while I took pictures of her running. Id love to get some action shots with spray & high speed shutter mode. I have some video from the drone & on shore I haven't looked at yet.

I think with a simple prop change I could get a few more mph.

Last edited by JPriami; 03-21-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Absolutely beautiful pictures!! I went from 58 to 63mph with just a sharpen and balance job on the stock props. It's amazing what prepared props can do.

Can't wait to see what you got on video.

By the way, do you mind if I steal 1 of your pictures to use it as the cover photo on my Facebook page?
    Rafael Lopez

Beautiful pictures! Wish my lake water was that nice!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Thanks Rafael & Kfx. Your more than welcome to use any of the pictures you'd like. Whats the link to the facebook page?

Jpraimi, please post in my mod thread when you swap props. Or even sharpen yours.

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    Thanks Rafael & Kfx. Your more than welcome to use any of the pictures you'd like. Whats the link to the facebook page?
    The link to my page is in my signature, below.
    Rafael Lopez

On my cleaning and inspection before I put her away till next time. I found alot of grease had come out of both the outdrives. It appears there is a small gap between the end of the firber glass wall (transom) & the outdrive where they meet. i dont know how to remedy this other than to use a little epoxy to fill the void? Or loosen the outdrive bolts and see if it will slide up a tich.

Last edited by JPriami; 03-22-2016 at 01:52 AM.

First time I see that. I'd carefully put a little bit of clear silicone over that gap.

I'll reach out to the vendor to tighten up inspection. Thanks for sharing this.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    I wanted to share with everyone that I was able to beat and set a new NAMBA 2 lap Q-cat record with this boat. It is stock other than sharpened and balanced props. Previous record was 2 laps in 0:33.8. I ran a 0:31.2. My unofficial fastest was 0:30 but it didn't count because I had over 10,000mAh to each ESC. Here is a picture of my unofficial run where my fastest speed was 63 mph. Again, this is all stock, including timing.
    Hey Rafael,

What batteries are you using in the pic above?

Well I got to maiden her today. Lots of fun. Made me realize how much I miss boating. Here are a few snaps. I wish I knew someone I trust to drive while I took pictures of her running. Id love to get some action shots with spray & high speed shutter mode. I have some video from the drone & on shore I haven't looked at yet.

I think with a simple prop change I could get a few more mph.

Now that is beautiful. What camera you using and settings if I may ask? I also use my Phantom 3 Pro to capture video but I can't Pilot the drone and Captain the Voracity at once.

Default Seaking ESC Program Box compatible?

Can I program the stock Dynamite ESC's using the Seaking LED Program Box?
    Pete

Motley Crew, Impulse 31, Zonda Cat, Genesis, Aqua Rider tug, E-Revo Brushless, Slash4x4

Is that stock receiver waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    Hey Rafael,

What batteries are you using in the pic above?
    Team Orion sends me 90C soft pack LiPos. They don't sell soft packs.

Quote Originally Posted by petej View Post
    Can I program the stock Dynamite ESC's using the Seaking LED Program Box?
    Some say it works, I've never tried it. If the firmware isn't compatible it can corrupt the ESC.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    Is that stock receiver waterproof
    It is conformal coated, not potted. If you wet it, open the case and dry it, or discontinue use and leave it in the sun to try. If you get corrosion around the pins, clean it off with an old tooth brush. But in all reality, if you tape your hatch you will never get a drop of water in the boat.
    Rafael Lopez

Keagan-Z06, thank you. In those pictures except for the last picture. I was using a Nikon D5500 & the 55-300mm lens.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Jpraimi, please post in my mod thread when you swap props. Or even sharpen yours.
    Ok. I already balanced and lightly sharpened them. I did that Saturday(3.19.16) night. Then maiden her the following Monday(3.21.16). I'll be going out again Saturday 3.26.16 if weather permits. I have a pair of props I'm gonna try then. I am currently gps poor tho. I need to get another one soon. I just ordered my 2nd pair of the 11.1v 6000Mah 65c graphine packs so more go juice had priority.

Ok. I already balanced and lightly sharpened them. I did that Saturday(3.19.16) night. Then maiden her the following Monday(3.21.16). I'll be going out again Saturday 3.26.16 if weather permits. I have a pair of props I'm gonna try then. I am currently gps poor tho. I need to get another one soon. I just ordered my 2nd pair of the 11.1v 6000Mah 65c graphine packs so more go juice had priority.
    Can that battery work with ec5 plugs? I just ordered my second set of 11.1v 5000Mah 50c dynamite lipos in preparation for the Zelos

I put my own ec5 plugs on it. As I always put my own plugs on everything I get. Memory is a little rusty but i think ec5 is rated for 120 amps. Esc is a 120 amp also. I have been known to use larger bullets. But this time I was just trying to keep it simple & match what the boat has. Also I can use my packs for my rc truck that I have ec5 on it. Well not the graphene packs but my other 7.4v 95c 7.500mah ones

I got a DX4C DSMR 4-Channel AVC Transmitter with SRS4210 reciver to use on the Zelos. I wanted a water proof reciver for it. I figured I'd ask. Should I run it with the AVC on or turn it off?

Edit:*The AVC system is not recommended for use in RC boats. So I'll leave that feature off.
    Last edited by JPriami; 03-23-2016 at 06:18 AM.

I can't help but wonder why the zelos 48 never had near as much popularity as the 36 twin.....

Unhappy

Keagan-Z06, thank you. In those pictures except for the last picture. I was using a Nikon D5500 & the 55-300mm lens.
    Thanks man! I am dying here waiting on my Zelos, I believe I won't get it until next week after the Easter Holidays. I went to my usual spot the other day to just get a run in, not pushing it, just cruising and took the Phantom 3 out with me, took my dad and my girl and both chicken out when it was time to pilot the drone or boat. So I couldn't get any footage. Will try again soon.

I put my own ec5 plugs on it. As I always put my own plugs on everything I get. Memory is a little rusty but i think ec5 is rated for 120 amps. Esc is a 120 amp also. I have been known to use larger bullets. But this time I was just trying to keep it simple & match what the boat has. Also I can use my packs for my rc truck that I have ec5 on it. Well not the graphene packs but my other 7.4v 95c 7.500mah ones
    Sorry for the dumb ? here but how do you "put on your own EC5 plugs" I don't have the boat in front of me right now, so I can't really picture it, do you make them? Buy adapters? How is it done? I would want to give other packs a try but I always see them with Deans plugs, EC3 or some other type of connectors. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gfmarlin88 View Post
    I can't help but wonder why the zelos 48 never had near as much popularity as the 36 twin.....
    I'm thinking most people want fast and Electric boats seem to outrun the gas? Have no idea, just throwing that lame assumption out there!

Plz delete
    Last edited by Keagan-Z06; 03-23-2016 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Dupe post

Quote Originally Posted by gfmarlin88 View Post
    Unfortunately the Zelos 48 was released during winter, or the beginning of, which is not the ideal time to release a boat. I think that, along with the fact that to get top speed it has to be run on 8s, has put some people off. The 36 seems to be more of what people have been asking Pro Boat to make for some time know, along with being 6s compatible for top speed hits a tighter audience. Now that the twin has been released, I am going to start putting more time back in to the project and getting some more tuning in to, and speed out of the boat.

Sorry for the dumb ? here but how do you "put on your own EC5 plugs" I don't have the boat in front of me right now, so I can't really picture it, do you make them? Buy adapters? How is it done? I would want to give other packs a try but I always see them with Deans plugs, EC3 or some other type of connectors. Thanks!
    You simple solder them on like you would any other connector. Here is a video to illustrate how to solder on EC connectors to a battery; EC3 or EC5, the method is the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYpJI1zJXOo
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Unfortunately the Zelos 48 was released during winter, or the beginning of, which is not the ideal time to release a boat. I think that, along with the fact that to get top speed it has to be run on 8s, has put some people off. The 36 seems to be more of what people have been asking Pro Boat to make for some time know, along with being 6s compatible for top speed hits a tighter audience. Now that the twin has been released, I am going to start putting more time back in to the project and getting some more tuning in to, and speed out of the boat.

You simple solder them on like you would any other connector. Here is a video to illustrate how to solder on EC connectors to a battery; EC3 or EC5, the method is the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYpJI1zJXOo
    Was just looking up videos, thanks as always Rafael. Im getting impatient waiting for the Zelos and this damn windy weather here is not helping the Voracity.

Was just looking up videos, thanks as always Rafael. Im getting impatient waiting for the Zelos and this damn windy weather here is not helping the Voracity.
    I don't know, Apexpredator is having some good runs with his Voracity in wind that he says is gusting to 30mph.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRCj...ature=youtu.be
    Rafael Lopez

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast