Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: NEW Pro Boat "ZELOS 36" Twin Cat

I thought about the same thing using 4082s but they will need to be rear supported. I think Travis recommended some smaller TPs but don't recall the size. A common go to upgrade prop is the x447s. The stock ESC I think is 120a, you may need some 180s or higher.
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    A common go to upgrade prop is the x447s.
    x447's on 2000kv stock motors.

Lots of prop info in the Zelos modding thread. Off hand, I don't recall who's running bigger motors or 1650kv for that matter.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Looking for a bit of Newbie help! Maidened my Zelos 36 yesterday and everything went great. I had checked all the nuts and boat on the boat to make sure everything was snug last week, leak tested it...read the manual a cpl times...so I was ready to go. 2 Mins into my first run I started hearing a squealing from the boat, which in the manual, it indicates that not enough grease was on the flexshafts. I thought this was strange as I greased them both up before bringing the boat out. Brought the bout in and there was a large amount of grease at the front of both struts where they meet the transom...it seems the grease is somehow escaping through the bottom/back of the strut, but everything seems tight. Tried tightening the nut that holds the ball pivot in place but it is solid on both sides. The grease isn't escaping where the strut adjusts, but where it bolts to the transom...but at the bottom, right under where the flexshaft would travel, and there are no bolts to tighten.

Any help would be appreciated
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Hemifear View Post
    Looking for a bit of Newbie help! Maidened my Zelos 36 yesterday and everything went great. I had checked all the nuts and boat on the boat to make sure everything was snug last week, leak tested it...read the manual a cpl times...so I was ready to go. 2 Mins into my first run I started hearing a squealing from the boat, which in the manual, it indicates that not enough grease was on the flexshafts. I thought this was strange as I greased them both up before bringing the boat out. Brought the bout in and there was a large amount of grease at the front of both struts where they meet the transom...it seems the grease is somehow escaping through the bottom/back of the strut, but everything seems tight. Tried tightening the nut that holds the ball pivot in place but it is solid on both sides. The grease isn't escaping where the strut adjusts, but where it bolts to the transom...but at the bottom, right under where the flexshaft would travel, and there are no bolts to tighten.

Any help would be appreciated
    Tim
    Welcome m8 and gz on your boat! What you mention is a problem that a lot of us had and what I did and few more people is take the struts off and use some silicon to seal it we also had a leak from that spot so that really improved our problem,in my situation I don't get a single drop of water inside the hull and of course no grease outside from that spot.also if you do that you might wanna shorten your brass tubes a little bit. This from me and hope it helps a bit
    Genesis 36", Zelos Twin 36"

Hello,

Somewhat new to rc boating. Just got my zelos 36 and I love it. Put it in the pond and ran 2 3S batteries to get use to it. I then hooked up 4 3S batteries with 2 DYN 0028 adapter. I'm getting nothing. No spark, esc's won't turn on, nothing. It would seem that there is only one way to configure this but I've tried everything and nothing works with the 4 batts. Using powerhobby 5200mah 50C 3S's. Help!

People have had bad wiring harnesses before, same problem. Ignore the harness wire color and keep track of positive and negative wires. They're likely wired backwards. If that's the case, you'll need to flip flop some of the gold connectors inside the plastic plugs.

Thanks fweasel, it was the wiring. I replied to you on the other site also. Too bad I'm very bad at soldering.

Quote Originally Posted by diverz4 View Post
    Thanks fweasel, it was the wiring. I replied to you on the other site also. Too bad I'm very bad at soldering.
    Patience and a good soldering iron goes a long way.

You don't need to solder, just a hammer, punch, and a vice or workbench surface.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Had the same problem had to rewire. Back a few pages I posted a pic of how I pushed the connector out of the plug with a punch and vise like fweasel said

Quote Originally Posted by diverz4 View Post
    Hello,

Somewhat new to rc boating. Just got my zelos 36 and I love it. Put it in the pond and ran 2 3S batteries to get use to it. I then hooked up 4 3S batteries with 2 DYN 0028 adapter. I'm getting nothing. No spark, esc's won't turn on, nothing. It would seem that there is only one way to configure this but I've tried everything and nothing works with the 4 batts. Using powerhobby 5200mah 50C 3S's. Help!
    Just to clear things up, If you are using the series adapters, DYN0028, you no longer need to use the included adapter. This could be connecting 12S to both ESCs and you could get more than juts a spark; you'd get total ESC meltdown and a fireball.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Hello guys,
    Very new to this so please excuse what may be a stupid question to you much more experienced at this than me. I currently have a Motley Crew. All stock, running on a pair of 2s in series. Boat runs great, but looking to upgrade. I read the entire thread about modding this 36 Zelos. Learned a lot there. I am looking into ordering a Zelos 36" but was wondering if I could run it ( at least for now) on either a single 2s for each motor, then running a dual 2s in series to each motor. I know that wont be the ideal set up for speed, but it should get me some run time with a new boat. The reasoning is that I only have 4 2s lipos right now. I was looking into running the new boat with what I have for a while. I think I read somewhere that Raphael designed this boat for running just that configuration for a newbie like me. If it works out for me, later will come a battery upgrade as well.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyp View Post
    Hello guys,
    Very new to this so please excuse what may be a stupid question to you much more experienced at this than me. I currently have a Motley Crew. All stock, running on a pair of 2s in series. Boat runs great, but looking to upgrade. I read the entire thread about modding this 36 Zelos. Learned a lot there. I am looking into ordering a Zelos 36" but was wondering if I could run it ( at least for now) on either a single 2s for each motor, then running a dual 2s in series to each motor. I know that wont be the ideal set up for speed, but it should get me some run time with a new boat. The reasoning is that I only have 4 2s lipos right now. I was looking into running the new boat with what I have for a while. I think I read somewhere that Raphael designed this boat for running just that configuration for a newbie like me. If it works out for me, later will come a battery upgrade as well.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    You can run a dual 2s in series to each motor to make it a 4s for each motor that would be better then 2s to each motor would probably not move the boat , very very slow if it does you might as will buy a tug boat , hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by mavdriver View Post
    very very slow if it does you might as will buy a tug boat , hope that helps
    LOL!!!! thanks.

Now the Zelos 36 motors have been discontinued which are the same as the BJ29 and MG29 motors. Her days might be numbered at least in her current setup design....

https://www.horizonhobby.com/3650-6-...000kv-dynm3910
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

The motors are being replaced by the one in the UL-19. The Zelos 36 isn't going anywhere.

It's not a V1.5 or V2. It's a simple running change.
    Rafael Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    The motors are being replaced by the one in the UL-19. The Zelos 36 isn't going anywhere.

That's good to know. Is the top speed still 60mph+with stock prop?
    TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

We're leaving the speed claim at 60+.
    Rafael Lopez

When will these be available?
    Thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Thanks
    They're available now.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

With the new motors?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Horizon is currently still shipping them with the old motors until they are gone. I was told it may be a while before the new ones arrive.

With the new motors?
    no, the motors themselves

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    I was told it may be a while before the new ones arrive.
    Where have I heard that before
    May your batteries never fail you...

Mike

Thumbs up NEW Pro Boat "ZELOS 36" Twin Cat

Thanks
    back to my original question that Rafael may know the answer to..
    when will the boat be available with the new motors?
    that is what I will be buying..

Did my first run on the weekend. 4 x 3s batts to run each motor on 6s. 92km/h with cnc 4314's. Boat ran well & i didn't really push it. However... the stuffing tubes got hot. Nothing else - just the tubes. Everything else had no heat whatsoever.

One of my stock collets was un-centred (faulty) from new, so I replaced that. I spent time aligning the motors to the flexes but clearly something is amiss. Any tips with that?

Flexes feel free when I spin by hand - and I have the rotation right (lh vs rh). Got the OSE upgrades on the way but still...
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

back to my original question that Rafael may know the answer to..
    when will the boat be available with the new motors?
    that is what I will be buying..
    Get out your checkbook because clintnz just posted on RCG that his Z-36 came in today and it had the new 3831 motors....

Hi all! New user here, be gentle :). Forgive me in advance if this is wrong thread to comment.

Im thinking to order one of these boats from Horizonhobby. I have some early experiences from rc boats over 10 years a go, not a lot though. Mainly I have been doing brushless RC cars. So long story short, Zelos seems to be what im looking for: fast, good looks, popular, artr and somewhat reasonable priced.

After eyeballing lots of threads here I have gotten a basic idea from the boat. 6s lipos seems to be the deal. I watched some nice lipos from Hobbyking (Zippy compact packs). But im not sure should I get 4x3s lipos or cut it down to just 2x6s packs. Im going to order 2 sets, so I can charge the other lipos when using the others. Im aware about the boats balance issue. But what you guys suggest? Ordering 8 packs feels pretty extreme. By the way, anybody has a picture how the 4 lipos are arranged and secured inside the hull? I have only seen 2 pack configs. Edit:. Never mind found the boats manual.

And about the hardware. Im gonna do a trip and would take the boat with me. What spare parts should I get? What gets broken/missing easily?

Sorry there must be somewhere answers to these, but I wasn't able to find them.
    Last edited by Hardstyle; 07-06-2018 at 06:52 AM.

I do the same when we go camping on the bay,I use high mah rated like 100 mah,3 s wired in series for 6s,yes I carry like 14 batteries with me to run 4 boats,so buying 4 to make 2 runs is not unreasonable,take good grease,zip ties ,Velcro,tools to service flex drive,lots of hatch tape ,nylon sheer bolts for your rudder,I use corrosion X on my ESC just in case it gets wet ,always make sure water is coming out the cooling ports on your boat when you start out each time ,if not pull it back in and check it out,

I gotta correct myself,on a twin you will run 4-3S lipos, so you will need 8 to be able to make 2 runs and re charge ,there is a whole section here just for the zelos under RTR ,lots of info,I have the 48” boat,

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast