Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: NEW Pro Boat "ZELOS 36" Twin Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Keagan-Z06 View Post
    What about lock washer and loctite?
    I personally wouldnt use an actual lock washer thats just me though seems a little overkill lol

Fun day at the lake.

20160416_171351.jpg
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Ran my Zelos last weekend for the first time, stock props, and 4S. Looks like a yellow bathtub plowing through the water. I've never seen 40mph look so slow. Took it out today and ran 2 3S packs. Did 56mph on the dull stock props which is a little more respectable. Temps were barely even warm to the touch. I have a set of proper x447 props on the way for next weekend. The stock flex shafts are pretty rough, lumpy joints at the prop shaft, so they'll get swapped out for some wire drives this winter.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

The Zelos loves the 447s...

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Ran my Zelos last weekend for the first time, stock props, and 4S. Looks like a yellow bathtub plowing through the water. I've never seen 40mph look so slow. Took it out today and ran 2 3S packs. Did 56mph on the dull stock props which is a little more respectable. Temps were barely even warm to the touch. I have a set of proper x447 props on the way for next weekend. The stock flex shafts are pretty rough, lumpy joints at the prop shaft, so they'll get swapped out for some wire drives this winter.
    if it plowing you can adjust the CG or you can raise the strut heights to lift the bow,, what sounds like is happening is the props your are lifting the stern causing the bow to plow !!!!

Got a package today from Arrover. Thanks for the spare hatch hardware, but I think you could have used a smaller box! Just kidding, I asked him to ship it to me in the box his spare hull came in since I didn't have one. The mailman said it she wished every big box she delivered was that light.

2016-11-12 15.05.35.jpg 2016-11-12 15.05.22.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Bought the box got free hardware!!!!

Today was an expensive outing. Boat ran awesome for about three passes on the new wire drives. During the radio check on shore, both props spun up and stopped at the same time. One would always stop sooner than the other with the stock flex cables because they were un-true and bound against different parts of the drive line. Now it's very smooth, even sounds better.

Ran the boat on a new pond today with Redline1, so the sight lines were new to me. Got a little to close to the far shoreline at the end of a speed run and as I started my turn, I lost sight of the boat behind the water spray. I thought I was turning tight enough, wasn't, and up the rocks and onto the grass it went. A few scrapes and scratches, badges of honor mostly. The rudder snapped back and the rocks tore the out of my beautiful Dasboata 447's. I was mostly bummed about the props. A little JB Weld and the hull will be ready to rock, but the props are going require a little cash to be fixed.

2016-11-13 17.46.58.jpg 2016-11-13 17.47.41.jpg 2016-11-13 17.48.09.jpg 2016-11-13 18.08.04.jpg 447L5.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

This one makes me cry...
    447R3.jpg 447R4.jpg

But I did find a new lake on the way home...
    2016-11-13 14.43.22.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Today was an expensive outing. Boat ran awesome for about three passes on the new wire drives. During the radio check on shore, both props spun up and stopped at the same time. One would always stop sooner than the other with the stock flex cables because they were un-true and bound against different parts of the drive line. Now it's very smooth, even sounds better.

Ran the boat on a new pond today with Redline1, so the sight lines were new to me. Got a little to close to the far shoreline at the end of a speed run and as I started my turn, I lost sight of the boat behind the water spray. I thought I was turning tight enough, wasn't, and up the rocks and onto the grass it went. A few scrapes and scratches, badges of honor mostly. The rudder snapped back and the rocks tore the out of my beautiful Dasboata 447's. I was mostly bummed about the props. A little JB Weld and the hull will be ready to rock, but the props are going require a little cash to be fixed.

2016-11-13 17.46.58.jpg 2016-11-13 17.47.41.jpg 2016-11-13 17.48.09.jpg 2016-11-13 18.08.04.jpg 447L5.jpg
    Sorry to hear that man. Hull damage aint too bad, I've had worst. Lol. I would to cry over those dasboata props. I guess we both had a bad day at the lake. I ran both my Zelos and Zonda. The Zonda got possessed just as I was about to pick it up out of the water and into the cement wall she went. It was about 6" away from the wall, facing it. Minor damage but sheesh, what da hell caused it to just run without me pulling the trigger??
    Proboat Voracity-E 36" , Proboat Zelos 36 Twin , Proboat Miss Geico 29" , Traxxas Spartan, Fightercat Daytona, Zonda

Nice meeting you yesterday too bad about the mishap. Lets do it a gain minus the mishap? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by REDLINE1 View Post
    Nice meeting you yesterday too bad about the mishap. Lets do it a gain minus the mishap? Thanks
    Ha, you as well. I'm 1 for 1 on crashing boats when running with you, so I need to break the streak.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Ouch those pics hurt, sorry to see it. I'm sure Chris will help you if he can, just send him a note.
    I'm sure most of us have hit something or had a mishap before, I had a 57" gas boat that was running @50 mph and suddenly flew up(prob turtle hit) landed and veered into the far shore. Result- hull had a few breaks in it and a friend with a body shop had to fix her up. Now she's prettier than before.

IMG_0318.jpgIMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpgIMG_0319.jpg

Ahhh geeze. So sorry to hear about your problem with the shoreline. I've done the same thing in an area that I've run in many times. And I think you saw how bad my original Zelos 36 hull got beat up..... I'm glad you got the box. Sending you a PM.

Hello to all guys!Just to say that i was away from rc boats from 2012 untill 1 month ago when i saw by luck the zelos and that was it i was in love...after some searching in net and stuff i decide to make that a gift to myself,iam from greece and i couldnt find it anywhere in my country so the order was made from uk (since its still in eu) 3 days ago my sweety arrived at my door!!!When i opened the box i was amazed tbh it was even better than photos and videos,now im waiting my charger to arrive my batteries are here and i will be ready to go to the sea and have my maiden run i have also read all the 11 pages here and the 55(i think) on the mod section so ill be posting there soon!!now i have a couple of questions first one is,do you guys use the reverse on it cause i have see people using it in some vids isnt water coming inside?i will only be playing in salt water so i really wana eliminate every chance of water getting inside,my other question is,what is that foam like think with the holes that was 2 pieces of them that was together with the boat stand?im not tallking for the foam that goes on the boat stand if you cant get which one i mean ill put a photo up.Nice to meet ya all guys!!forgive my english i hope i make sense

Congrats and welcome! It is a fast and gorgeous boat. When you get a chance check out the fast list to see what members are doing to attain faster speeds. I know exactly what you are talking about, I too don't know what it is for. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by stratus View Post
    Hello to all guys!Just to say that i was away from rc boats from 2012 untill 1 month ago when i saw by luck the zelos and that was it i was in love...after some searching in net and stuff i decide to make that a gift to myself,iam from greece and i couldnt find it anywhere in my country so the order was made from uk (since its still in eu) 3 days ago my sweety arrived at my door!!!When i opened the box i was amazed tbh it was even better than photos and videos,now im waiting my charger to arrive my batteries are here and i will be ready to go to the sea and have my maiden run i have also read all the 11 pages here and the 55(i think) on the mod section so ill be posting there soon!!now i have a couple of questions first one is,do you guys use the reverse on it cause i have see people using it in some vids isnt water coming inside?i will only be playing in salt water so i really wana eliminate every chance of water getting inside,my other question is,what is that foam like think with the holes that was 2 pieces of them that was together with the boat stand?im not tallking for the foam that goes on the boat stand if you cant get which one i mean ill put a photo up.Nice to meet ya all guys!!forgive my english i hope i make sense
    Those foam strips u are referring to are to put on battery tray in boat. To help keep batteries from shifting /sliding in a blow over or crash. The holes should line up with holes on battery tray.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thank you both :)
    Merry christmas to all!!

My wife just bought me the 36" Zelos for Christmas.

I'm new to to Pro Boat, currently running a Traxxas Spartan, on 6s. (2 × 3s)

As a Canadian, who has a few months to wait, until I can put it in the water, and being a bit of an amateur from a set up point of view, does anyone have any cost efficient tips for me, to prepare for spring, and get the most out of the boat?

Please note, I do not currently have any intentions of modifying motors, ESCs etc.

Thanks in advance

Good quality packs, I recommend running 4 50c+. The 4 packs helped me settle the bow and put less strain on the system. Lower the struts 2-3mm from neutral (make sure they are exactly the same height). Sharpen and ballance the props and follow Rafaels manual to the t. Be patient and be patient. Thing is solid, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ten64 View Post
    My wife just bought me the 36" Zelos for Christmas.

I'm new to to Pro Boat, currently running a Traxxas Spartan, on 6s. (2 × 3s)

As a Canadian, who has a few months to wait, until I can put it in the water, and being a bit of an amateur from a set up point of view, does anyone have any cost efficient tips for me, to prepare for spring, and get the most out of the boat?

Please note, I do not currently have any intentions of modifying motors, ESCs etc.

Thanks in advance
    Tony,
    I forgot to add one thing in my post on RC Groups: Kiss your wife for buying you an awesome Christmas present.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Oh you can rest assured that I did! LOL!

Ive read on the other forums and maybe here also that most of you polish your flex cables with a drill and 400 sand paper?why you do that you gain something?Also like i mentioned couple posts above i saw people using the reverse,isnt water pulled inside the boat by doing that?

Polishing the flexes is to reduce friction in the tubes. The running the props on opposite sides isnt running the props in reverse, just changing from inward to outward rotation. Thats all preference.

Remember that if you choose to run the props outward, you also have to swap the cables or they will unwind.

Stratus, if you will be running in slat water, make sure you tape the hatch very well. I'd also spray the electronics with some sort of corrosion inhibiting spray. You should find the spray in a 1:1 boat stores or maybe even auto parts store. Remember that salt water is even more damaging to your batteries than to the electronics. If you get water in the boat, rinse the electronics out with fresh water and then spray with WD40, or some other brand of water displacement spray. If you rinse the motors off, remember to oil the shaft bearings with light machine oil so they don't seize. Always flush the cooling lines with fresh water before storing the boat, even if it's just over night. Sounds like a lot, but better to be safe than sorry.
    Rafael Lopez
    Product Developer-Pro Boat
    My Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010183246751

Hello Tony

Where in ONT. are you?
    We have a good club here in Southern Ont.
    Northern Lights.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael_Lopez View Post
    Remember that if you choose to run the props outward, you also have to swap the cables or they will unwind.

Stratus, if you will be running in slat water, make sure you tape the hatch very well. I'd also spray the electronics with some sort of corrosion inhibiting spray. You should find the spray in a 1:1 boat stores or maybe even auto parts store. Remember that salt water is even more damaging to your batteries than to the electronics. If you get water in the boat, rinse the electronics out with fresh water and then spray with WD40, or some other brand of water displacement spray. If you rinse the motors off, remember to oil the shaft bearings with light machine oil so they don't seize. Always flush the cooling lines with fresh water before storing the boat, even if it's just over night. Sounds like a lot, but better to be safe than sorry.
    Thnx a lot Rafael for your intrest,i really admire that you care so much in here and in the other forums also and allways trying to help on what ever you can!For the maientance part i know that i have to be really careful and i allways do what you explained.(i had a genesis but sold everything on 2012 cause of hard times)Like 10 mins ago i did a bath test and i had some leaks from the right side i cant figure from where atm,thow im guesing maybe where the stinger meets with the transom there is a little gap under there but i need to check that.I was hoping for my maiden run like in a couple days but if i cant find the leak looks like it will take a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by stratus View Post
    10 mins ago i did a bath test and i had some leaks from the right side i cant figure from where atm,thow im guesing maybe where the stinger meets with the transom there is a little gap under there but i need to check that.I was hoping for my maiden run like in a couple days but if i cant find the leak looks like it will take a bit more
    Mine leaks there too. I took the struts off and put some silicone on the transom before reinstalling.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I'm looking to buy this boat ,I have some 40-82 ,1650 kv motors ,will need to prop up ,any idea if the ESC will hold up and what props for the 1650 motors? Planning ahead,

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast