Thread: Weird issues with Recoil 26

Default Weird issues with Recoil 26

I have a new Recoil 26 that has maybe 10 packs through it. Completely stock. Last 2 times I went out i take off from shore and within 5 sec the throttle cuts out. I let it back to neutral, and go again and it goes, but does the same thing. If I cruise around for a bit at 50-75% throttle I can then go wide open to my hearts content. Is the thermal cutout acting up in the esc that it would activate like this before I even go? Or is the issue both times I connected my battery about 3-5 min before actually going?

Sounds like your low voltage detection is kicking in for some reason at full throttle. Try turning off the LVC to see if you have the issue still. Battery may be no good, do you have another you can try?

I do. I have 4. 3 identical ones, one different. I wish I could say for certain it has done it to all of them, but maybe I have a bad one. They all check out fine. Just find it odd if I cruise around for a while things are fine then. I forgot to mention - the first time it did it, I had weeds in the prop (this is weeks ago) and I figured it heated up my esc. But this time I went from box to lake in 5 min and it did it.

So it's probably not a battery issue. For some reason the motor is drawing too much current. I'd shut off the LVC On your esc and get a separate lvc detector that plugs into the balance plug of the battery. They are cheap. I have had that issue before with non-stick upgrades. It's all stock so it shouldn't happen but try disabling the lvc temporarily.

Does your prop spin freely with little resistance? If it's bound up it would cause too much draw...