Thread: sooooo.... fightercat.....

Default sooooo.... fightercat.....

have not been in the FEB world for about 3 years now. just getting back into everything after sorting priorities just to discover that fighter cat is no longer around? i really wanted a cf rivercat and a cf daytona.... sucks getting out of rc. also found out that my old touring car sponsorship through viper electronics is gone now that viper went under..... its getting hard to be a dedicated supporter of companies when they all fold up just as they get big =/

There will be more this year folding. Going to be a harsh year my friend.
    Nortavlag Bulc

[sigh]....... well this sucks.

We can order most anything that they had. Alot of it came from TFL. If you have any questions, let me know? info@offshoreelectrics.com
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

thanks steve i was just looking over some of their products

Funny, I was getting ready to sweet talk Steve into carrying a couple rivercats and daytonas....just in case. Op, email Steve, he will hook you up. The Rivercat is called a apparition and Daytona is a Genesis. In case you didn't know :) and they can both be had in carbon. Be aware that gps does not go through carbon (again, just in case you didn't know) and they can be had with fiberglass hatches instead of carbon OR you can get it all carbon and get a spare fiberglass hatch.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Alot of it came from TFL. [/email]
    All of it came from TFL. There are still guys selling them. Steven's service is pretty stellar.

The trouble is the shipping to the states. If you're ordering a bunch of stuff it gets better but one hull is brutal.
    Noisy person

now i understand why guys used to buy 3 or more hulls at a time, keep 1 of them and sell the rest untouched lol.
    and thank you kfx i honestly either didnt know that about the carbon or had completely forgot about it haha although i did glasscoat my carbon/kevlar because i know its conductive unlike a few other people ive heard of around me finding out the hard way

I think their kevlar reinforced Cheetas was a steal, that hull was $147 delivered. Serious strength already built in, no additional reinforcements required for a 70mph cat.

Steve - Can you get the white gelcoat Cheetas with kevlar inlay?

Quote Originally Posted by SD Eracer View Post
    I think their kevlar reinforced Cheetas was a steal, that hull was $147 delivered. Serious strength already built in, no additional reinforcements required for a 70mph cat.

Steve - Can you get the white gelcoat Cheetas with kevlar inlay?

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...tah-fiberglass

If I'm not mistaken all the fiberglass ones come like that.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Cool

Note that while the Kevlar hull is plenty tough, the hatch is not. I had read about this but procrastinated reinforcing my Cheetah. Flipped it and cracked the hatch. I ended up reinforcing the inside of the hatch with carbon cloth, used Bondo to repair it and painted it. Wish I'd reinforced it first!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Note that while the Kevlar hull is plenty tough, the hatch is not. I had read about this but procrastinated reinforcing my Cheetah. Flipped it and cracked the hatch. I ended up reinforcing the inside of the hatch with carbon cloth, used Bondo to repair it and painted it. Wish I'd reinforced it first!

I learned a hard lesson from this. I'm pretty sure I lost my 32" cat because I didn't reinforce the hatch (then THOUGHT I had enough floatation in it. I've now become accustomed to adding 2-3 layers of tight weave glass and one layer of Kevlar to all my hatches. The fiberglass adds a lot of stiffness and strength to it and the Kevlar holds it all together better...although it doesn't add much stiffness to it. Two or three more layers of just fiberglass would be great, I just overdo it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I learned a hard lesson from this. I'm pretty sure I lost my 32" cat because I didn't reinforce the hatch (then THOUGHT I had enough floatation in it. I've now become accustomed to adding 2-3 layers of tight weave glass and one layer of Kevlar to all my hatches. The fiberglass adds a lot of stiffness and strength to it and the Kevlar holds it all together better...although it doesn't add much stiffness to it. Two or three more layers of just fiberglass would be great, I just overdo it sometimes.
    im going to ask about adding some extra layers to future hatches.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    im going to ask about adding some extra layers to future hatches.
    Heck yea!

Thats the only real weak spot on this hull, unless you hit a tree with it (right Ray)