Thread: Spektrum telemetry improved yet?

Default Spektrum telemetry improved yet?

Just wondering if the telemetry has improved on the Spektrum dx4 vs dx3. When I had the dx3 it was pretty much poopoo and useless unless you were right up on the model. Has it improved yet?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I used to use the original non-marine DX3S with a SR3300T RX, years ago. The telemetry, (2 heat probes), would drop off around 250 feet, while the TX would easily
    allow me to drive much farther. I now use an Eagletree 900mhz transmitter IN that boat cuz I lined it with CF. The SR3300T has been sitting on a shelf for years. If you would like, I could bind it to the DX4S I just bought, and test distance on LAND. Time, and weather might not let me test on water for a few days. I doubt if there would be much difference. IMO, once a model is set up/dialed in, telemetry is just eye candy. Then again, some of us like putting on a good show. I have a 15 inch monitor that people can watch for that boat, and a quad.

Quote Originally Posted by runzwithsizorz View Post
    I used to use the original non-marine DX3S with a SR3300T RX, years ago. The telemetry, (2 heat probes), would drop off around 250 feet, while the TX would easily
    allow me to drive much farther. I now use an Eagletree 900mhz transmitter IN that boat cuz I lined it with CF. The SR3300T has been sitting on a shelf for years. If you would like, I could bind it to the DX4S I just bought, and test distance on LAND. Time, and weather might not let me test on water for a few days. I doubt if there would be much difference. IMO, once a model is set up/dialed in, telemetry is just eye candy. Then again, some of us like putting on a good show.

I just thought it would be easier to see my temps and rpms at a glance if I wanted to. Wanna sell the receiver? 250-300ft sounds like it might be worth it.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I just thought it would be easier to see my temps and rpms at a glance if I wanted to. Wanna sell the receiver? 250-300ft sounds like it might be worth it.
    I thought you already had a SR3300T but it just wasn't working for you. I will say that telemetry is rather handy when dialing in a new build for obvious reasons. RPM's are a mathematical equation, but temps are highly variable. This Rx has been discontinued so I am hanging on to it.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=spektrum+sr3300t

Quote Originally Posted by runzwithsizorz View Post
    I thought you already had a SR3300T but it just wasn't working for you. I will say that telemetry is rather handy when dialing in a new build for obvious reasons. RPM's are a mathematical equation, but temps are highly variable. This Rx has been discontinued so I am hanging on to it.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=spektrum+sr3300t

I used to have one when I had my dx3s. Now I have a dx4s and no longer have it.

sorry for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    sorry for posting!
    Why are you sorry for posting