Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Michigan Cup June 24, 25, 26

Really sorry to hear that Ray. I hope things get better for you and Wendy soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I don't think Wendy and I will be attending this event. Both of us have health issues and a plethora of other stressful events to deal with.
    I would never be able to keep up.

Totally lost the passion for rc boating since the first meeting of nlmbc in 2015.
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year as well...SUCKS BIG TIME but I really FUBAR'd my schedule this year by committing to something else before engaging my brain into gear.

I apologize to all the Michigan Bozos for my stupidity...you guys do a lot of work to make us Kanadians feel welcomed.

I know you all will miss me

Awe that sucks guys. We understand though. Can't be everywhere. I had big plans for Seattle that are not looking good myself. We were going to make a whole family vacation out of it but the wife can't get the time off. We'll likely end up at the CanAm. Shorter gig and drive able. Maybe we'll catch you there John. Or you could zip over for a club race. haha

Ray, get better man. Take the time necessary. For your health, for Wendy's health and to let your nogg'n reboot. Feel no pressure from us idiots.

Oh and I promise you, every club has it's disagreements. Even our gang had some unsavory comments for each other at our first meeting of 2016. None of us were 100% correct. I expect your club to be similar. We do what we can, make mistakes, adjust, get smarter (hopefully). We absolutely all get it flat wrong from time to time.
    Noisy person

Hi Ray,

sorry to hear your health issues are bogging you down. Take good care of that crazy nut Wendy, she is a real gem. Maybe you guys can make the CanAm, just do one class and enjoy the all the good things at a boat race, filter out the crap and have fun, hope this helps on the reboot. If you like we can go out on a Wednesday and do some testing to get your boats lined up, I'll do the all the running !!

Cheers, Jay & Deb

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    Hi Ray,

sorry to hear your health issues are bogging you down. Take good care of that crazy nut Wendy, she is a real gem. Maybe you guys can make the CanAm, just do one class and enjoy the all the good things at a boat race, filter out the crap and have fun, hope this helps on the reboot. If you like we can go out on a Wednesday and do some testing to get your boats lined up, I'll do the all the running !!

Cheers, Jay & Deb
    I may never run with NLMBC again. Several public apologies could possibly change this however hell isn't about to freeze over anytime soon.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray, this is such a small group, us rc boaters and there is bound to be differences in opinion and feelings will get hurt by thoughtless things being said , take it from me a guy with quite a case of foot in mouth disease ! lets get your boats tuned up if nothing else. Then race on!

Cheers, Jay.

Bummer John and Ray I always enjoy hanging with u guys, I will miss both of you.
    on another note my girls WILL be coming
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Thanks Mikey:

I really look forward to hanging out with you guys as well...

That sucks, now that John and Ray arnt coming, Ill have to stay home.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Awe come on Steve! Yer kill'n me. I think I'll start bugging Anthony instead. I think I got a better shot that way. Maybe your wife. That's how I got Smock up here. He had to show up to stop me from texting his wife.
    Noisy person

That's true Steven. She felt sorry for him.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Maybe I'll just take a ride up to Boston just to "persuade" him to come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmikepags View Post
    Maybe I'll just take a ride up to Boston just to "persuade" him to come!!!
    Steven, I'm saving this for your family and law enforcement just in case something unexplained happens to you.
    Although I haven't witnessed anything personally, I've heard some stories about this individuals "friends".
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    That sucks, now that John and Ray arnt coming, Ill have to stay home.
    Awww...man, now I feel guilty...

Wait a minute, the feeling just went away!

....you have feelings? Sissy.
    Noisy person

Putz....

Ok, we are taking a inventory this weekend. I think we can have enough boats to play. But probably not competitive.

I will need lots of battery packs. whats everyone using these days? I want to stay clear of the Hyperion im selling due to voltage issues.
    Steven Vaccaro

I really wish I could make it out there to hang with the cool kids. I had planned on it, but my plans were changed for me.

Steve, the big brands are all good, Giants, Revos, Dinogy etc. My turnigys are OK, but they simply don't last like the others I've found.

Hi Steve,
    Glad to hear you and the boys are coming. It will be great for us all to see each other again.
    This is an annual can't miss event !!!
    As I mentioned to you before this is one of the best if not the best race site in the country.
    I am sure you have seen the pictures (most of them not showing Davis in a thong).
    It is just a perfect set-up, the sheltered pond, plenty of room and the elks club overlooking the site.
    Perfect place to race have fun and socialize. Does dot get dark till near 9:00 either.
    Many battery options, I race mostly Thunder Power, but the Giant Power packs are very popular too.
    mostly 65-70C 5000mah non HV packs by most of the racers as far as I know.
    Getting excited about this years event, bringing the family again too,
    See you soon,
    Ken
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Haines View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Glad to hear you and the boys are coming. It will be great for us all to see each other again.
    This is an annual can't miss event !!!
    As I mentioned to you before this is one of the best if not the best race site in the country.
    I am sure you have seen the pictures (most of them not showing Davis in a thong).
    It is just a perfect set-up, the sheltered pond, plenty of room and the elks club overlooking the site.
    Perfect place to race have fun and socialize. Does dot get dark till near 9:00 either.
    Many battery options, I race mostly Thunder Power, but the Giant Power packs are very popular too.
    mostly 65-70C 5000mah non HV packs by most of the racers as far as I know.
    Getting excited about this years event, bringing the family again too,
    See you soon,
    Ken
    thanks for the info. who is selling the Giant power packs?
    Steven Vaccaro

thanks for the info. who is selling the Giant power packs?
    MojoRacing, Bob Zola from our club.
    Here's a link to his website.
    http://giantpowerlipos.myshopify.com/

Glad you are coming, Steve... buy a lot of stuff from you and it'll be nice to meet the man.
    Have fun with that....

Holy crap. A Vaccaro sighting! That's great news Steven. Can't wait.

I'm a Giant Power guy but there are some great options available right now. Tom has been running the b'geezus out of Roaring Top's. Pretty good so far. He's whip my hinney in multiple classes with those. It could be that he's built a better mouse trap but the batteries haven't let him down thus far. We've recently been experimenting with some Turnigy Graphene packs. It's too early for me to vouch for them but the packaging is outrageous. Each pack comes with a Crown Royal type bag to keep them in. I was impressed with these but they're brand new with almost no runs. Everything is great brand new.

Just give any one of us a call to talk boats. Tell us what you have and we'll tell you how to get passed just showing up and on to competitive. That's true on race day too. The group that races this event is more into everyone competing and enjoying racing than they are into "I must win to be happy". Everybody likes to win but it doesn't define them.
    Noisy person

Ok, we are taking a inventory this weekend. I think we can have enough boats to play. But probably not competitive.
    For that matter, just tell us what you want to race that you don't have boats for. Some of us have multiple options for multiple classes. I know for certain those that do would have no problem handing one off to you or your boys.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    For that matter, just tell us what you want to race that you don't have boats for. Some of us have multiple options for multiple classes. I know for certain those that do would have no problem handing one off to you or your boys.

Thanks for the offer!!
    Steven Vaccaro

Will definitely miss the Canucks!!

Ray - Sorry to hear that you guys aren't feeling well. If you have even an inkling to race, just run one class with us! Would be great to see you! Shoot, I live here.......and sometimes I only race 1 class!!! : )

Life is better with more Canucks!

Jay and I will still be there.

Larry
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

Hey Steve you haven't been to this race yet, man you are in for a treat, this is the best place, and the best bunch of guys on the planet to race and hang with. I love this race and this venue, I promise once you race here you wont want to go anywhere else to race again.

yes even if with the Kanadians

Yes Larry the good Canadians will be there, maybe Daniel will come too ..... if doby will let him, Chris you going to make it ?
    Cheers, Jay.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast