Thread: 4s Keps Rigger.

Default 4s Keps Rigger.

While I've been building the Wasp & the SharpShooter Hydros, I've also been building a rigger loosely based on the Keps .21 rigger, with a pair of sponsons bought from 'The Build R/C' & a slightly wider scratch built tub.
    Here's a few pics of the finished boat & a link to the build over on R/C Groups for those interested.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2566209
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good! I like the wood and red paint with a stripe together.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Thanks buddy. We'll see how she goes in testing this weekend.

I so want to start the construction project on one of these this year! Trying to pull together an approximation for the build materials.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Also, I read your thread on rc groups. When you refer to the ski on the bottom, does that refer to the triangular housing that the stuffing tube is enclosed in? Am I correct in assuming that helps lift the main body out of the water?
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Yep.
    You are correct on both counts.

The first test day was going well on Sunday until the spar inserts pulled out of the starboard sponson in a turn. We were going to get a video on the next run too.
    I'll get them glued back in, & with a wafer head 1/4" machine screw tapped into the inserts from the outside of the sponson they should be a lot stronger.
    I'll also add a 1/8" rod from the side of the tub to the turn fin bracket, to take the strain in the corners.

I'm calling her the "Water Spider". You'll see why in the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Are these your own design sponsons? I'm building a new dual brushless rigger and am trying to figure out a good design for them

Quote Originally Posted by CRSalt View Post
    Are these your own design sponsons? I'm building a new dual brushless rigger and am trying to figure out a good design for them
    Sorry mate.
    I only just saw your post. Please don't think me rude for not answering earlier.
    But no. They're not my design. They are sold by "The build R/C" as spare parts for their cheap copy of the Keps rigger.
    http://thebuildrc.com/rc-boats/arr-w...-boat-754.html

The real plans are available for download here if you want.
    Here's the newer electric version.
    http://www.ne-stuff.net/2016/02/keps...n-freebie.html

Here's the original nitro version.
    http://www.ne-stuff.net/2015/12/keps-t3-21-freebie.html

Here's a video of a test run last weekend.
    It was going well until I hit a buoy & broke a spar.

I don't know about you, but to me it looks like its running really good !
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Very cool. I looked at those plans just for sponsons alone. Thought they were slick.
    Noisy person

Thanks Todd.
    It's only a cheap 3674 2250kv motor in it at the moment. It was running well. A bit wet maybe, but it's not fast enough to compete with the other riggers in our club yet. She needs a 40mm 2400kv motor in it to do that. Maybe later. But it is certainly very precise in the turns.
    Terry.
    I also have a set of those plans & intend to build a pair of those sponsons too. Maybe the whole boat. Aaahh!!! So many boats. So little time.

Well last weekend I entered this little bird in the EA Rigger class.
    I only replaced the broken booms the night before, so it had no practice before the first race. So that race was atrocious. Too much rudder throw & had too much left trim in it so I was fighting it all the way.
    After a few adjustments to the linkages & the Tx trim. She performed much better in the next two races giving me two wins.
    Here are the last two races.
    Still with the little 3674 2400kv motor in it