Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 Atlanta Spring Nationals = April 16th & 17th (NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES)

We don't offer any fuel classes at the Cup race but it's primarily due to our pond. We have one resident that gets pissed when I run the retrieve boat because it has a gas motor. Chewed me out more than once. He lives in the mansion on the hill and wants absolute silence 24/7. Ugh. He must hate when the Elks have a live band on the big deck.

I think the more fuel guys that get exposed to us FE nut jobs the less they dislike us.

"Meet my friend Doug........................ Speak softly. We don't want to provoke him. Don't look em in the eye! Good Lord man, you're going to get us killed................ See all those wires and crap?..........he's an eeelectric guy."

Then once they spend a weekend in the pits with us they realize we're all the same. That's kinda what I've found with most fuel guys too. Sure, there are always one here or there that don't get the big picture but most get it. We're all just model boaters.

It's pretty clear too that there's some sort of mental instability with electric guys that makes us entertaining if nothing else.
    Noisy person

I assume Don will be there...slap him in the back of his head for me please...no particular reason why though.

Although I won't be able to attend, as usual , I will be doing my best to support your event.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    , as usual ,
    Yeah WTH is up with that? Pack yer crap and get down there slacker.
    Noisy person

13 hours of driving, with the last 10 going through Deliverance infested states (cue the banjos) only to wind up in Smocks backyard....I'd rather do something more enjoyable...like a root canal!!!!

In all honesty, I just got off the phone with my racing cohort, its a definite possibility for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    In all honesty, I just got off the phone with my racing cohort, its a definite possibility for next year.
    Put it on your to do list. You wont be sorry. It's got a Cup feel to it. Same kind of silliness. It is becoming a "must do" destination.

We already have our FE hooks into these guys. We'll work on them to try some more stuff. P sport and Q sport maybe. Maybe a Q offshore? Got boats. Will travel.

The only down side is how early in the season this is for us. No laps under our belts.

It's 11.5hr from my house with no stops. Those banjos you hear are probably relatives of mine.
    Noisy person

"Meet my friend Doug........................ Speak softly. We don't want to provoke him. Don't look em in the eye! Good Lord man, you're going to get us killed................ See all those wires and crap?..........he's an eeelectric guy."

Terry,
    You must be referring to Smock in this post...
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Haines View Post
    [COLOR="#0000CD"]
    Terry,
    You must be referring to Smock in this post...
    Thanks captain obvious. haha

Did I really need to say that? Seemed like a given when I typed it.
    Noisy person

And so it begins!

Doby, don't worry about the banjos. It won't hurt, much. lol We'll take a few minutes out and hold you guys when you arrive.
    We do appreciate the water you send our way. Did you call both your friends and ask them to flush as well?

We do need to talk about the 2017 Atlanta Spring Nats. while we have everyone together this weekend.

D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123