Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Atlanta Spring Nationals = April 16th & 17th (NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES)

Default 2016 Atlanta Spring Nationals = April 16th & 17th (NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES)

Hey Gang,

The Atlanta Model Boaters are proud to host the IMPBA Spring Nationals on April 16th and 17th, 2016. Entries are now being accepted via www.RCRacingEvents.com. This race has something for everyone with a wide variety of Gas, Nitro, and electric classes being offered.

If you have never been to Atlanta we have a great facility with concrete launch dock, permanent 2-story driver’s stand, etc... We hope to see you at the pond this spring in Atlanta! Please visit www.RCRacingEvents.com.for more information!

Note: Don't let the number of available tickets in any class deter you. We are capping the event at 168 heats so additional tickets will be made available as heats fill up. We are adding additional heats on a first come, first served basis... Once we reach the 168 heat max no additional heats will be added.

Thanks,
    Lamar Huff
    President
    Atlanta Model Boaters
    --- Contact me for information on HUFFRACING modified Zenoah engines ---
    --- Record setting performance at an affordable price! ---

Interesting. Limited Electric Though. Any way of adding any Open Classes?

Howard, you should go. 3 or 4 of us are planning to make the trip from up here.

You can run something butty in Open Offshore. They run a gigantic course for 6 laps. Think modified M with the hard rights being in the back straight. So coming out of 2 you go way across the pond to the next county, then back in to pick up the entrance to 3 and then back out for another pin half way to the next county.

If we put that course in at the Elks we would have to put the back pins in the neighbors driveway. Takes a gob of battery but it's a scream.
    Noisy person

Terry: Glad to hear you guys are coming back down this year (and bringing more ppl with you). We appreciate the support...

Howard: If any of the currently offered classes don't make then potentially we could add additional FE and/or Open classes. Right now with the number of classes being offered we should be maxed out from a time perspective (if attendance is good). I'll keep you guys posted as we progress.

Thanks,
    Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Howard, you should go. 3 or 4 of us are planning to make the trip from up here.

You can run something butty in Open Offshore. They run a gigantic course for 6 laps. Think modified M with the hard rights being in the back straight. So coming out of 2 you go way across the pond to the next county, then back in to pick up the entrance to 3 and then back out for another pin half way to the next county.

If we put that course in at the Elks we would have to put the back pins in the neighbors driveway. Takes a gob of battery but it's a scream.
    I had Open as one of my classes. How long do they run do you think? I have a gas stocker that would work too.

We had a great time with you guys despite the weather. You have a good group down there best we could tell. It was worth the trip.

I'm actually using your race as bate to keep my sons grades up. haha If he keeps the grades up he gets to come with. He would be the 4th in our group.

We'll be watch'n Lamar. We own more boats if at some point you need to fill in some blanks.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    I had Open as one of my classes. How long do they run do you think? I have a gas stocker that would work too.
    I think it's very close to 5 minutes. I didn't think to time it but Tom was running 13K in a Cheetah. He was fast enough but racing against giant boats the Cheetah was a bunch too small.
    Noisy person

Howard, there are 4 FE classes and open. How many do you want to race in a day? Over 5 is a drag IMO.
    Noisy person

Howard, there are 4 FE classes and open. How many do you want to race in a day? Over 5 is a drag IMO.
    You know I don't race Spec or Limited. So I really only have 3 classes I can enter. One Electric (P Mono), Open Offshore and LSG-Cat ....I did sign up for P-Limited offshore (under protest) so send me a motor. ( I was hoping for some of the higher end classes to be open. I love those classes. I have a new Open (T) cat this year. Dumped the R42. Went with a 48" ExpressCraft. Almost as fast but way more stable.

Now I have to tell the wife.....

I forgot you were specphobic.

Tell her you have a shoot in Atalanta. Done.

These guys do check weight so be mindful with that monster.
    Noisy person

Not Bringing that CAT. Going wight he R42 Gas. The electric is for your race. 35# limit in NAMBA.
    I forgot you were specphobic.

Tell her you have a shoot in Atalanta. Done.

These guys do check weight so be mindful with that monster.

Oh man! All of the Huff boys are racing FE monos! This race is going to be epic!!

I may not enter P Mono so I can watch!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Hey Gang,

A few people have contacted me asking for hotel recommendations in the area. I would suggest staying in Fairburn, GA which is off of exit 61 on Interstate 85 (roughly 10 minutes south of the pond). It's a nice newer area with plenty of hotel and restaurant choices within reasonable driving distance.

LINK TO HOTELS IN THE FAIRBURN AREA

Thanks,
    Lamar

Couple more questions.

No P limited hydro? Thought you guys were into that.

With P limited offshore, will you be running 4 minutes or 6 laps on that ginormous course? I'm not sure I can re-engineer for that.

Trying to settle on some classes for myself and my resident maniac.
    Noisy person

Hey Terry,
    We set a buoy inside the back straightaway between #3 and the clock. Then you have to get back outside the course before the #4 entrance buoy (something we missed in Michigan BTW) and head out to the far right offshore buoy them to #6. Been running for four minutes. FWIW we ran the same boats on our course that we did at the cup.
    I'm sure Lamar will have no trouble adding P Limited Hydro if we have trouble filling the LSG and Nitro classes.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

It's not looking like Tom or I have anything worthy for open offshore. Ty says I can't run his new Q mono in open. haha I suppose I could put 15k in a P mono and finish zero heats.
    Noisy person

Doug is on the money... There are a few classes in danger of not making the cut from an entry standpoint. As we get closer to the deadline for entries we will kill off any classes w/o enough entries to make and add additional classes where we know there is enough interest for the class to be run. It's still early though, so people would pitch a fit if I start killing off classes now.

Later,
    Lamar

No worries guys. We're coming no matter what.

When it gets closer if you guys are looking to add something you might consider limited cat. Lots of those kicking around. We would probably be good for 3 of them.

Ken was bust'n my nuts the other day about getting signed up. Gotta make some decisions in the next day or so.
    Noisy person

Finally got signed up. Ken tells me the entries will be streaming in now that everyone knows I'll be there. bahahaha Yeah right. Guys looking to sock me in the head maybe.
    Noisy person

Ken tells me the entries will be streaming in now that everyone knows I'll be there. bahahaha
    That usually doesn't happen until I sign up Terry. lol
    I'm listed as the primary CD for this race so I'm not sure what I'm going to run. I'll know more after I speak with a gentleman in SOWEGA this weekend.
    Hmm, just thinking that this would be a great opportunity to pay you back for all the grief you have given me over the years.

Really glad you guys are coming back to Atlanta.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

You've got a good group down there Doug. They made us feel welcome and don't take themselves that seriously. I thought everyone was having fun. I didn't do very well but fun will make me come back every time I can make it.

I'll probably be primary at our race too so who knows what I'll get in the water. Still will have a ton of fun.
    Noisy person

You've got a good group down there Doug. They made us feel welcome and don't take themselves that seriously. I thought everyone was having fun. I didn't do very well but fun will make me come back every time I can make it.
    Glad you guys are making the trek down south again! Most of the locals get that we are just big kids playing with overpriced TOY BOATS!!! A few forget from time to time (myself included), but overall we have a pretty fun group!

Later,
    Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Hey Terry,
    We set a buoy inside the back straightaway between #3 and the clock. Then you have to get back outside the course before the #4 entrance buoy (something we missed in Michigan BTW) and head out to the far right offshore buoy them to #6. Been running for four minutes. FWIW we ran the same boats on our course that we did at the cup.
    So you guys changed the offshore course you guys had last year . I was looking forward to running that one again with P-Limited . I thought that was a GREAT course .
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

No Tom you can still run that course in Open Offshore!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

but, but, but I wanted to run that course in P-Limited Offshore !!!! wait I can run my P-limited Offshore entry IN Open offshore !!! there isn't a minimum size is there?
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Default Thanks everyone and Mr Huff for the sweet boat

Registered. Thanks for a warm welcome and help !
    Mike
    Pro Marine RC

Quote Originally Posted by HUFFRACING View Post
    Hey Gang,

A few people have contacted me asking for hotel recommendations in the area. I would suggest staying in Fairburn, GA which is off of exit 61 on Interstate 85 (roughly 10 minutes south of the pond). It's a nice newer area with plenty of hotel and restaurant choices within reasonable driving distance.

Thanks,
    Lamar

Mike, it was a pleasure to meet you in SOWEGA. Your boats run great, keep up the good work!

Looking forward to the Spring Nats!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Any chance of a PLimited cat class ? Not offshore?
    Quote Originally Posted by HUFFRACING View Post
    Hey Gang,

Thanks,
    Lamar

Mike, it's a numbers dance for them. If they get room they'll add it is what they told me before.

That would be a good choice if they decide to add something though. We have 3 entries from MI should they add it in.
    Noisy person

When will they post if a class is cancelled? (5 boats or cancelled per flyer).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast