Thread: Trouble finding smaller 3/16" counter rotating props

Default Trouble finding smaller 3/16" counter rotating props

Do these exist or am looking for a ghost? Have twin Leopard 2860's/1690KV w/ twin Aquastar 120 esc's and a 4s battery. It has twin surface drives with 3/16" flex shafts. Am thinking I need smaller pitch and diameter to work properly with this oddball set up. Not really looking for high speed here. Any idea's are appreciated.

Smallest one I know of I think is a x440 in octura not sure of other prop makers. You might check prop shop

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Thanks for the quick reply. I am finding the same. What is the prop shop?

They are in england but I think Dasboata on OSE who balances props orders from them sometimes so maybe he can help you
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Steve here at OSE has Octura X437/3 blade, & 438/2 blade in the CNC range. both with 3/16" bore.

Octura makes a 536 but not in counter rotating.

Propshop will deliver to the states.
    http://www.prop-shop.co.uk/
    Noisy person

Thanks for the replies. I was not sure if the X437/3 may be to much to swing. Thanks again.

You can usually run bigger props on motors in a twin set up than you can on the same motor in a single set up in the same size or even slightly larger boat.
    Also, a couple of strokes with a file to take half a millimeter off the tips & you are down to a 36mm prop if they are drawing too much load.
    But you are only spinning at 25000 revs. Depends on the type & size of boat.
    Any pics?

Thanks Jim I am a prop shop dealer but you are probable best off just ordering them from there website http://www.prop-shop.co.uk/index.php?section=home