Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 37"Daytona:Bullitproof

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaddix View Post
    For that loose carbon fiber stuck to your hull you could try removing it by gently prying a few fibers off of the surface and then just peel them off. Since it wasn't sanded, it should come right off with little effort.
    I'll be sanding the sucker for some sort of paint job. Likely not too serious of one mind you. The mess will likely 'chip' off like you said though. That would be easier than sanding. Thanks Shaddix.

Quote Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
    A middle mount would probably be the cleanest if you shorten the wires between the ESC and motors. Are you still planning on running the 120A's? I'm on the fence myself.
    Yeah I think I'll run them. I'll be careful though. I really would like a bit more headroom, say 150 amp. If I keep to 42mm props it should be ok. I find it takes a lot to generate the need for 120 amps continuous.

IMG_0224.jpg

Well she is back on the bench, actually as of last weekend. This is when I got my little rudder wire tube supports in as well as my water inlets and tubes

IMG_0237.jpg

Got some more work done on it while I wait on other parts, the hatch bolts and pins are done

This is how it looks with lid off

I put extensions on the mid hatch blind buts out of CF and carried them thru to the hull body

Forget the boat, great use of an inspection mirror in a picture!
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Forget the boat, great use of an inspection mirror in a picture!
    Haha thanks

So an update is in order. I have it all together now, cooling lines and ESC's wires and installed

At this point I decided to run it as this is.
    I am real used to flat ride pad boats so this is a new game for me

Good to see this beast running. I've thought about nine a bit more since then. When the time ever comes around, I'll shove two 3674 2200kv motors with 120a speedies just to keep it light.

Nic. Couple things I noticed. Looks like it's pulling to the left? Could be a number of things and I'm sure you know what to check (flex dragging, throttle calibration, motor kv may be to far off). The main thing I noticed is your servo arm is waaaaaay too long. That's what will cause your erratic steering. It makes the rudder move too fast per servo input, and it kills the tq of your servo. Move the rod ends all the way inwards. I'd just get a shorter one honestly.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Nic. Couple things I noticed. Looks like it's pulling to the left? Could be a number of things and I'm sure you know what to check (flex dragging, throttle calibration, motor kv may be to far off). The main thing I noticed is your servo arm is waaaaaay too long. That's what will cause your erratic steering. It makes the rudder move too fast per servo input, and it kills the tq of your servo. Move the rod ends all the way inwards. I'd just get a shorter one honestly.
    Yeah that was an experiment. It's getting better thru adjustments.

So I had water infiltration on the first outing, lots of it. So I got my seals on and epoxied some foam to the hatch. This will hold the batteries in place in the inevititable crashes. LOL, I also installed the third screw from the inside of the hull, oops.

Mm, no seals on those pics. But they are on. I have vid from the next outing but I have to put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
    Good to see this beast running. I've thought about nine a bit more since then. When the time ever comes around, I'll shove two 3674 2200kv motors with 120a speedies just to keep it light.
    I actually have the Flycolor 150's in there. Last run with 447's cut down to 42mm it pulled 114amps peak and settled down to 80. She was at 70mph and that was with my old 4s Revo's.

Do change your steering geometry tho instead of crutching it with expo. It will be strong, more precise and be much easier on your servo.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Ok well I am off to a rippin start of 2017. Took her off the shelf and tossed her in with the 447's cut to 42mm. Only change is my new Revo 4400's.

Really nice Shawn that boat looks and sounds great. Since the picture on fb of the lake thawed was wondering how long it would be till you got a boat out there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    Really nice Shawn that boat looks and sounds great. Since the picture on fb of the lake thawed was wondering how long it would be till you got a boat out there lol.

That lake was froze over this morning. Just a skim I guess!

Well OMG! Look what is finally getting finished up!!

I have been dying to run this but it was sitting with just the silver/Chrome.
    Yesterday I figured the masking and got the black done

Dead sexy. Even the straight on Aqua Mania livery is cool, better than my HK Genesis knockoff

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Dead sexy. Even the straight on Aqua Mania livery is cool, better than my HK Genesis knockoff
    Yup full on Aquamania Ryan. Jeff has the decal set for the Daytona. So I had him do it up for me. This is my first shot at the decal/wrap thing so not perfect but it’s pretty good and the vinyl is forgiving with a hair dryer in hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12