Thread: SV motor Hydra 120 ESC

Default SV motor Hydra 120 ESC

First of all I do not own a sv esc. I am on my 3rd sv motor on my hydra 120 esc and all 3 motors have a horrible vibration at full throttle. I have tried low and normal motor timing on the esc. I have also tried the motors before mounting into boat to make sure it is not a driveline problem. My props are balanced on a magnetic balancer. I am also running fiegao and neu motors with no problems. I had a sv motor about a year ago and had no problems what so ever. I am running them on 4s lipo. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have any suggestions? Oh and also this vibration results in excessive heat.
    Thanks, Alvin

my stock sv motor had a vibration with both the stock sv esc and the hydra120. It might just be a bad motor. Also check you coupler mine was bent witch made it shake worse.

It vibrates with no coupler.

Bad bearing?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

The shaft has no side to side play at all and only normal in and out. Like I said this is 3 motors in a row and each was warrantied from tower hobbies. This current one I had to wait on because thay were backordered. I just think the manufacturer is producing them so fast they are doing a poor job of balancing them.

This may sound like a stupid statement but are you sure its vibrating? Reason I ask is that they all make that loud humming noise.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Yes Steven I actually held the motor in my hand with no coupler and reved it up and it shook violently. Also when installed in the boat you can see the boat shake when revved up. My 8xl in the same boat is as smooth as can be.

just my thought? maybe the esc is surging volts into the motor? try swicthing wires around? try another esc? three bad motors in a row means discountinue use of said brand motor hope you figure it out

Do a search on this forum.

The SV motor does not like the way the hydra pulses.

USE the SV made speed controller and your problems will go away.

I found this out while bench testing. Same symptoms and the solution was using the SV controller.

Thanks for the input guys. My buddy has a sv esc I will give it a try and post results.